View Full Version : Interior Clear Plastic Speedometer Cluster Clean

Mar 13th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Been digging though posts, almost all posts regarding "Clear and Plastic" talk about Headlights.

Have read about interior detailing, mostly Leather/vinyl cleaning/protecting.

What about the Interior Clear Plastic speedometer/Cluster Cleaning?

I have seen some mention of just using whatever glass cleaner you use. Is that all there is, or is that all I really need.

I am not talking about removing scratches, just dirt/dust, fingerprints, leaving a nice clear finish.

Mar 13th, 2008, 12:59 PM
I prefer the QID. I do not know if the glass cleaners could damage some plastics ,and also may not be as lubricating. The QID should have more lubrication.

The plastics used for those things are often very soft, and easily swirled, so I do try to leave them alone as much as possible.

Michael Stoops
Mar 13th, 2008, 01:02 PM
I like Quik Interior Detailer as well, but if you really want to get crazy about your clear plastic then check out Meguiar's triple threat of plastic care - Clear Plastic Cleaner, Clear Plastic Polish and Clear Plastic Detailer.

See 'em all HERE (http://www.meguiars.com/estore/product_list.cfm?sectionname=Professional%20(Mirror%20Glaze%20Brand)%3EClear%20Plastic%20Care&sectionID=34101)

Apr 4th, 2008, 04:40 PM
what i do if is very bad i will remove it out of the car and wet sand it(not much water)2500 grit and buff it out slow speedthat should do it.it woks for me.Scottwax2

Apr 11th, 2008, 04:50 AM
I know this may be an extreme example of what you are asking but here is a before/after shot of guages from a '50 chevy truck. They were coated with almost 60 years of neglect and somewhat resistant to other "gentle" cleaning methods but shined right up with PlastX.