PDA

View Full Version : Tim Lingor/Super Moderator Stepping Down

Mike Pennington
Aug 19th, 2008, 08:58 AM
We regret to announce Tim Lingor is stepping down from his MOL Super Moderator responsibilities effective today.

We have been fortunate to have Tim as a part of our MOL team for the past four years. His dedication, in many cases, was behind the scenes so we must publicly acknowledge and thank him for his hard work. We will certainly miss Tim’s efforts as Super Moderator.

Tim will always be a welcomed member of MOL and we hope he continues to post those awesome reviews and write-ups.

Mike

PorscheGuy997
Aug 19th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Tim,

I must say that you are a true asset to the forum. Your experience and helpfulness have helped myself and so many others on the board.

Best of luck!
Chris

Nappers
Aug 19th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Tim I wish the very best for you in what is to come.

I know you'll still hang with us and give your assistance.

Aaron

BlueZero
Aug 19th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Tim, thanks for everything. Wish you the best of luck with what ever the future holds for you. I hope you'll still be around here with your great reviews too.

Scott

roushstage2
Aug 19th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Tim, thanks for everything you have done, including helping make me the broke man I am today, lol!

Best of luck on your future endeavors!

yalerd
Aug 19th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Hey Tim I've said it before to you and I'll say it again, thanks for everything! That effort for making MOL a better community and those excellent reviews :)

Andy M.
Aug 19th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Tim,

Your knowledge of detailing and your excellent reviews will be missed. But I think most of all your great attitude and all around great personality will be missed the most.

Please continue to visit us often and most of all stay in touch. You were truly an asset to this forum and to the success in keeping MOL "Family Friendly":xyxthumbs

Thanks for everything
Andy

Kevin Brown
Aug 19th, 2008, 10:53 AM
W H A T ?!
Dang! Did I miss something? :confused:

I hope we'll see you around here, still! :bawling1

I'm guessing that the job requires a lot of work and time, and you're probably in the same situation we all are (short on time & long on projects!).

Got to say, Tim;
You're a true professional, and your ability to document your work in an easy to understand manner is applaudable.

Kudos to you for a JOB WELL DONE on your write-ups, and the professional & polite mannerisms used during your stint at Meguiar's Online.
:bestwishes1 :wavey Scottwax4 :dp: :canadaflag1 :sad1 :bow :thankyou1 :goodjob1 :bestwishes1 :wavey Scottwax4 :dp: :canadaflag1 :sad1 :bow :thankyou1 :goodjob1

Poki
Aug 19th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Tim, though I have been a member only a very short time, your professional posts, tests and responses have helped me becom a Megs believer and I too wish you the very best....thank you!

TXShine
Aug 19th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Say it ain't so.............

Goes without saying that you've been a real asset to this forum, hope you continue to be.

SD DIESEL
Aug 19th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Tim,

THANK YOU !! and :bestwishes1

Michael Stoops
Aug 19th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Thanks for all you've done, Tim. You've been a huge asset around here and countless folks, myself included, have learned much from you.

I'd throw in a smiley or two here but I think Kevin Brown used 'em all up.

Hemin8r
Aug 19th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Wow, this was news to me. Tim I wish you the best of luck in whatever the future holds for you. I have to say that I too like many others have learned a tremendous amount. Those write ups of yours were & have been enjoyable & educational. I wish you the best and hope to continue to read more of your opsts.

03mach1
Aug 19th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Thanks Tim for all your help and helpful posts and tests. Thanks for everything.

acsuppa
Aug 19th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Wow! That is shocking? I hope you will still be a part of this forum. Even if it is not as a Super Moderator that you are.

J. A. Michaels
Aug 19th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Tim,

I was shocked to read this. I wish you nothing but success in your future endeavors. Your were truly a asset to this forum. From your great reviews, to the knowledge you freely shared with us. You raised all our levels of detailing by being there for us.

Much success in the future, Good luck Tim.

TimG
Aug 19th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Sad news indeed. Well, Mr Tim L, thanks for all the great advises. I wish you all the best in your future path.

Thank you again.

Tim A.

C30-Mike
Aug 19th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Best wishes to you. You will be missed.
:bestwishes1

smokin
Aug 19th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Tim I don't post much, but I hope you will keep helping everybody. GOOD LUCK

RacerX88
Aug 19th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Tim-

I echo what others have stated about your posts and contribution to the community on MOL. Though I have been a member just a short time I can appreciate the time it takes to moderate such a forum. Best of luck with everything else in your life. Please do pop in from time to time when possible.

ZoranC
Aug 19th, 2008, 05:01 PM
W H A T ?!
Dang! Did I miss something? :confused:

I hope we'll see you around here, still! :bawling1

I'm guessing that the job requires a lot of work and time, and you're probably in the same situation we all are (short on time & long on projects!).

Got to say, Tim;
You're a true professional, and your ability to document your work in an easy to understand manner is applaudable.

Kudos to you for a JOB WELL DONE on your write-ups, and the professional & polite mannerisms used during your stint at Meguiar's Online.
:bestwishes1 :wavey Scottwax4 :dp: :canadaflag1 :sad1 :bow :thankyou1 :goodjob1 :bestwishes1 :wavey Scottwax4 :dp: :canadaflag1 :sad1 :bow :thankyou1 :goodjob1
+1

Tim, thank you for everything!

Nick Chapman
Aug 19th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Is it April 1st? :confused:

Sorry to see you leave Tim. Hope you plan on sticking around and giving your advice.

Nick

SHYNEMAN123
Aug 19th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Tim all the best to you, your knowledge, passion,expertise and wiliness to teach others your skill are truly commendable. Please keep an eye on us and let us know how you are doing.

Now

Dear Mr. Barry Meguiar
For your next Host of Car Crazy's Detailer's among us Mr. Tim Lingor
( clap clap very loud applause clap clap)
I am not an agent but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once.

but just think about what a great Idea and Who better to host IMHO.

Murr1525
Aug 19th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Thanks for all your help Tim....

RamAirV1
Aug 19th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Tim, we will miss you! Thanks for all the great advice and excellent writeups!!!Scottwax4

RamAirV1

TKDDAD
Aug 19th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Tim, it's been a pleasure having you around the forum. Take care and good luck in the future. I hope you consider hanging around with us car crazy folks in the future. Good luck!!!

SRT84JM
Aug 19th, 2008, 08:58 PM
I'm new here. But when I saw one of our posts I knew I could count on it for accuracy.
I hope you continue to participate, although at a lesser level of involvement.

Jokeman
Aug 20th, 2008, 03:21 AM
Tim, best of luck in your future endeavors!

yalerd
Aug 20th, 2008, 04:32 AM
I've been reading all these posts and now I ask myself "did I miss something?!?!?!"

A lot of people saying goodbye but from what I understand from Mike P post is that he's just not going to be a Super Moderator but he's still a member and I guess we'll still have him around, I hope, maybe not as often as before but those key interventions that he made and amazing reviews I guess we haven't lost those, I HOPE! :)

RDVT4ME
Aug 20th, 2008, 06:29 AM
Say it isn't so! We will definitely miss you Tim. I certainly know I will. You have come to my rescue a number of times. I wish you the best in whatever is next for you! :xyxthumbs

Sal329
Aug 20th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Tim I hope we can still see you here with your great reviews and wonderful help, thanks for all you have done

mcox
Aug 20th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Tim,

All the thanks as others have said. Go relax and enjoy your "free" time. Yes, continue to bless us with your knowledge and expert advice but from my humble position, keep posting some of those wonderful picture you have taken, eh!

kellyinkc
Aug 20th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Tim,
Thanks for all those great write ups! I have learned many things! :xyxthumbs

All the best.

Kelly

lariat
Aug 20th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Tim, thanks for all your help on the forum and also all the fantastic product reviews you have done!.

Lariat

acsuppa
Aug 20th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Does anyone know if he's still visits the forum? I haven't seen anything from him since the announcement. Great guy!

CAShine
Aug 20th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Tim,
Thanks for all your hard work and dedication to MOL. You truly have been an asset. Dont stop posting.

Andy M.
Aug 20th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Does anyone know if he's still visits the forum? I haven't seen anything from him since the announcement. Great guy!

Tim was on earlier. I am sure he will visit frequently. At least I hope he does.:xyxthumbs

Andy

acsuppa
Aug 21st, 2008, 03:56 AM
Tim was on earlier. I am sure he will visit frequently. At least I hope he does.:xyxthumbs

Andy

Oh cool!

Tim Lingor
Aug 27th, 2008, 04:40 AM
Hey everyone,

Just a quick message to say: Thank You! I appreciate all of the kind words. :) I have enjoyed my time as Super Moderator on Meguiar's Online and I am grateful for all of the great friends I have made.

Take care, and thanks again!!! :xyxthumbs

Tim

Superior Shine
Aug 27th, 2008, 05:39 AM
YEA YEA YEA I have heard this before once or twice-

TIM 1 (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8495&highlight=tim+moderator)

TIM 2 (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13212&highlight=tim+moderator)

I see it now - Tim now walking away holding his buffer over his shoulder, he turns to us and in his best Arnold Schwarzenegger accent says - "I'LL BE BACK!" :xyxthumbs

Tim Lingor
Aug 27th, 2008, 06:01 AM

TIM 1 (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8495&highlight=tim+moderator)

TIM 2 (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13212&highlight=tim+moderator)

I see it now - Tim now walking away holding his buffer over his shoulder, he turns to us and in his best Arnold Schwarzenegger accent says - "I'LL BE BACK!" :xyxthumbs

Thanks Joe. I really appreciate that.... :rolleyes: I will try hard not to get sick anymore.... :wavey

Tim

Funkster
Aug 27th, 2008, 06:17 AM
I have only been here a short time but I have learned a ton from Tim's writing and reviews. Thank you for taking your time to help everyone here and for always be ready to answer a question or two!

Superior Shine
Aug 27th, 2008, 06:21 AM
At the very least check in with us time to time just to tease us. :furious1

Tim Lingor
Aug 27th, 2008, 06:33 AM
a...

Joe's detailing
Aug 27th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Being a mod is a difficult job behind the scenes, not even I would want the job to many ''KEYBOARD'' Commando's to handle ...:D
Thanks, Tim for keeping things neat and making this place family friendly best luck in your endeavors...Joe

Andy M.
Aug 27th, 2008, 07:38 AM

Joe,

Maybe you could give MOL 100 hours a month on top of doing your job and running your business. 4+ years is a long time to do anything at as high a level as Tim did for FREE besides everything else he does. Unfortunately, it was time to go and move on for Tim. He will be missed. I certainly hope he visits frequently and still does the reviews as only he can do them.

Andy

kellyinkc
Aug 27th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Joe,

Maybe you could give MOL 100 hours a month on top of doing your job and running your business. 4+ years is a long time to do anything at as high a level as Tim did for FREE besides everything else he does. Unfortunately, it was time to go and move on for Tim. He will be missed. I certainly hope he visits frequently and still does the reviews as only he can do them.

Andy

+1 Andy!!
Tim has moved on. it is a very hard job to do and for FREE!!
Maybe Joe needs to try it.

Kelly

Ryan L.
Aug 27th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Mr. Lingor (don't laugh this time :)), really shocking news to hear and I know everybody will miss reading all your great posts and right ups. You've done so much for MOL and the people on it.

Check in time to time!

Ryan

RamAirV1
Aug 27th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Joe,

Andy

+2

Maybe Joe would like to try it for awhile!:rolleyes:

Tim will be missed that's for sure!

RamAirV1

J. A. Michaels
Aug 27th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Even after a couple of weeks have passed, iy still has not sunk in yet. You are missed, Tim.

ZoranC
Aug 27th, 2008, 03:43 PM
+2

Maybe Joe would like to try it for awhile!:rolleyes:

Guys, knowing Joe (just a very little) I feel he was just cracking a joke like he always does teasing Tim just like he teases others too so you might be overreacting a teenie bit.

ZoranC
Aug 27th, 2008, 03:44 PM
You are missed, Tim.
+1 Yup, place does not feel the same without him.

Sydster
Aug 27th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Thanks for everything Tim! :xyxthumbs