PDA

View Full Version : G-100 Holiday Offer Extended Until Dec. 7th!

Lynn Matthews
Dec 13th, 2004, 07:17 AM
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/3holly1.gif Porter Cable Promotion for Meguiar's Online Members! http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/3holly1.gif

http://www.meguiars.com/store_meguiars/images/product_g100.gif

UPDATE!
This Holiday Offer Has Been Extended Until Closing on Friday, January 7, 2005!

Customer Care: 1-800-347-5700
Hours: M-F 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Pacific)
Saturday 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. (Pacific)

Meguiar's G-100a Porter Cable Dual Action Polisher Kit for $149.99!

Members Save $75.96!

DA Polisher Kit Includes: (http://www.meguiars.com/store_meguiars/product_detail.cfm?sku=G-100)
* Meguiar's Porter Cable Dual Action Polisher - G-100
* Velcro Backing Plate - W-64DA
* Foam Polishing Pad - W-8006
* Lifetime Warranty!
* FREE SHIPPING* when you add an additional $50 in product to your order!
(*Continental US and Canada Only)

Details:
For the month of December, Forum Members of Meguiar's Online can call our Customer Care Hotline and purchase the Meguiar's DA Polisher for $149.99!

Requirements:
You must be a registered member to take advantage of this deal. You will need to give the Customer Care Representative your Meguiar's Online Forum Name, which will be checked against the forum member list.

Click here to learn how to become a Meguiar's Online Member! (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2551)

bkarma
Dec 13th, 2004, 07:37 AM
Just what I was waiting for. I ordered this and the The Essentials Kit for Meguiar's G100 Holiday Package Deal.

jetta18T
Dec 13th, 2004, 11:22 AM
Mike,
This is my first post and I"m a new member to the forum....just curious as to some details about the G100 because I have been researching it a little before I decided to join. I was thinking about taking advantage of the holiday offer for the G100 DACP but wasn't sure if it would be of much help to me. I drive a 2004 Jetta with Galactic (Dark) Blue paint. It's been well maintained and clayed several times so the paint is in great condition. Just wasn't sure if the G100 would be very helpful for things like applying tech wax because I probably wouldn't need to use it for polishing right away.

Thanks,
Jason

rs200
Dec 13th, 2004, 02:27 PM
Mike,

Finally it's up for sale :D . Was waiting on this since late oct. after you mentioned it during the clinic. I'll order this asap w/ other meguiar goodies :db:

Joseph

Mike Phillips
Dec 13th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by jetta18T
Mike,
This is my first post and I"m a new member to the forum....just curious as to some details about the G100 because I have been researching it a little before I decided to join. I was thinking about taking advantage of the holiday offer for the G100 DACP but wasn't sure if it would be of much help to me. I drive a 2004 Jetta with Galactic (Dark) Blue paint. It's been well maintained and clayed several times so the paint is in great condition. Just wasn't sure if the G100 would be very helpful for things like applying tech wax because I probably wouldn't need to use it for polishing right away.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi Jason,

The advantage the G-100 offers is it's faster than working by hand, it creates show car results that you cannot obtain by hand and best of all, it takes all the work out of applying and removing your products.

I have never met anyone who regretted purchasing a dual action polisher, even when their car's finish was in excellent condition.

As for applying wax, the dual action polishing action thoroughly applies your wax and lays down and even and uniform coating which creates a uniform appearance with uniform coverage and makes removal incredibly easy.

Meguiar's Lifetime Warranty on this unit makes is a great value at at a great price, plus we support our customers with our 1-800 347-5700 Customer Care Hotline and even this discussion forum where you can post questions, offer you suggestions and share your passion with like minded friends, something Lowe's and other discount stores don't offer.

Hope this helps...

Mike

xjdmb16a2six
Dec 13th, 2004, 05:27 PM
it only comes with 1 pad???

jetta18T
Dec 13th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Mike,
Thanks a lot for the input and getting back to me so quickly... I appreciate your advice and I'm seriously considering taking advantage of the offer because I know it probably won't come around soon again, if at all. Even though I don't have any major repair work to do with it, I think I could still benefit from having it and I think it will be extremely helpful now and in the years to come. I'll also consider using the crystal polish that you recommended along with the tech wax. Thanks again. :coolgleam

-Jason

Mike Phillips
Dec 13th, 2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by xjdmb16a2six
it only comes with 1 pad???

Yes. One W-8006 foam polishing pad which is very high quality and pretty much the workhorse of the industry as it is very versatile.

Mike

mustangless
Dec 14th, 2004, 04:55 PM
I think I am going to have to order this :)

kaze81
Dec 15th, 2004, 08:23 AM
Me too..I am gonna order it soon

Mike Phillips
Dec 15th, 2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by kaze81
Me too..I am gonna order it soon

Hi Kaze81,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online! :wavey

Just to let you know, and anyone else interested in the forum promotion, Customer Care at Meguiar's will be closed for Christmas starting December 23 at 6:00pm and will not be open again until Monday, December 27th. Customer Care will also be closed on Friday December 31st.

Mike

kaze81
Dec 15th, 2004, 09:18 AM
Hi Mike,

I just ordered the G100 and the essential kit an hour ago. Talked with Jeff and he said the stuff will arrive at my place about 5-7 days. Can't wait to detail my car during school break.

Thanks

Moody Blue
Dec 16th, 2004, 12:18 PM
WOO HOO!

I must alert the wife immediately!:bow

m2mazda6
Dec 16th, 2004, 02:07 PM
whats the difference between this G-100 and the porter cable 7336

Mike Phillips
Dec 16th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by m2mazda6
whats the difference between this G-100 and the porter cable 7336

The PC 7336 comes with a counterweight for a 6" backing plate and Meguiar's G-100a comes with a counterweight for a 5" backing plate.

The G-100a comes with a Lifetime Warranty, the PC comes with a limited warranty that lasts for a year (I think). Meguiar's G-100a comes with a Velcro Backing Plate and one W-8006 Foam Polishing Pad.

As far as the counterweight goes, one of our members and a very respected professional detailer did an experiment and posted his results here,

Dual Action Counterweight 'Controversy' (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3330)

Of course Meguiar's also offers excellent Customer Support through our Customer Care Hotline and our Discussion forum where you're at now hopefully getting the answer you're looking for! :xyxthumbs

Mike

m2mazda6
Dec 16th, 2004, 03:18 PM
Thanks Mike

Rob's Garage
Dec 18th, 2004, 04:03 AM
Hi everyone....

I am new here, and I just bought an 85 corvette. I will be doing a complete transformation on it, but in the meantime I want to revive the old paint as much as I can. I will be ordering the G100 today (just waiting for them to open). It looks like it will be just the thing I need....

Thanks for all the helpful info on this site about how to use the products too. They will be very helpful, as this will be the first time I will attempt this. Any pointers for a first timer??? Wish me luck!

Rob

Mike Phillips
Dec 18th, 2004, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by Rob's Garage
Thanks for all the helpful info on this site about how to use the products too. They will be very helpful, as this will be the first time I will attempt this. Any pointers for a first timer??? Wish me luck!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online! :welcome

As far as pointers go, take your time and focus on the task at hand. Tis always better t do it right the first time then to have to do it a second time.

Washing
Before detailing your Corvette, first do an extremely good job of washing it. Remove all the dirt from all the nooks and crannies. This prevents any small abrasive dirt particle from entering into the machine polishing process and potentially instilling a swirl. Get the Car Sparkling Clean to start with and everything will be downhill after that.

Claying
After that clay the car, at least the horizontal surfaces. Again, do a good job of claying to insure you remove all above surface contaminants. The level of gloss you can achieve from your car's finish is mostly determined by how smooth you can make your paint. Claying will make your car's finish as smooth as glass.

Cleaning
Cleaning is different than washing. Cleaning is removing both above surface defects like oxidation and below surface defects like swirls, scratches, etchings, and dirt that has embedded itself under the surface. Choose the appropriate paint cleaner for the condition of your car's finish and your application process. If you're unsure of which paint cleaner or cleaner/polish is right for your car, describe your car and if possible post a picture and we'll be glad to make some recommendations.

Polishing
Polishing after removing the defects is typically using a pure polish that is non-abrasive to restore brilliant high gloss and deep, dark reflections. This is an optional step and one best used on medium to dark colored car.

Protecting
This is where you apply your choice of wax or paint protectant. Adding a layer or two of wax creates a sacrificial-barrier on your car's paint to protect it and also add shine and gloss. Generally, two thin coats will insure even coverage with a uniform appearance.

Maintaining
Maintaining is the use of products like a quick detailer or a spray wax to maintain that "Just detailed look" in-between regular washings, and the regular application of a normal coat of wax.

Hope this helps...

Post any more specific questions and our members or myself will be happy to offer our help and suggestions.

Mike

Stealth97
Dec 18th, 2004, 07:33 AM
w00t! got my g100 today:db:

Expect before/after pics of my dad's vette, my miata, my truck and my bike!:bounce

Mike Phillips
Dec 18th, 2004, 07:37 AM
Enjoy!

:xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

Mike

electricgreen
Dec 18th, 2004, 01:49 PM
Hmmmm.....*leaves computer open to info on deal and hopes husband gets hint*.......................:bounce

ftboomer
Dec 25th, 2004, 04:14 AM
WOOOHOOOO!

Just got a PC for Christmas. Guess I need to order the Essentials kit on Monday.:db: :bounce :db: :bounce

kaze81
Dec 27th, 2004, 01:51 PM
Got the G100 and the essential kit on dec 21. Then on Dec 23, I washed the car and used the clay, G100 with #83 and step3 of Deep Crystal Wax. The result is :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs
I am fully satisfy with the result.

When I met w/ my friends over the xmas party, they said my car is really smooth...feel like I got a brand new car on the xmas day :D

So, I think my purchase is worth it. Fully recommended for those of you who havent taken this opportunity.

kuhlguy71
Dec 28th, 2004, 04:01 AM
I ordered mine yesterday!! Now I might be able to get the swirl marks out of our Black Blazer!!

jetta18T
Dec 28th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Just ordered mine this afternoon... it should take about a week to get here so I'll be jumping off the wall until then. Can't wait til I finally get to use it and see how everything turns out (Hopefully very well) :)

jetta18T
Dec 28th, 2004, 04:32 PM
Forgot to add that I ordered 3 ultimate bonnets, the set of 3 pads with 1 finishing and 2 buffing, and also a 32 oz. bottle of speed glaze

rs200
Dec 30th, 2004, 09:25 AM
:bounce ... just got mine... hopefully I'll get to use it once the rains in socal letup...

Spincykle
Dec 30th, 2004, 08:21 PM
Bah! how can I order one and the essentials kit on the 31rst if they aren't available to speak to?! Lynn, Mike?...

It says the offers available to the 31rst, but the 31rst no one is available to talk to...

too little too late maybe?...

edit: I do realize that it was posted the times they had modified for the hours of holiday season, i just worked all day on the 30th' ;) oh well. one way or another im getting one!

Lynn Matthews
Dec 31st, 2004, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Spincykle
Bah! how can I order one and the essentials kit on the 31rst if they aren't available to speak to?! Lynn, Mike?...

It says the offers available to the 31rst, but the 31rst no one is available to talk to...

too little too late maybe?...

edit: I do realize that it was posted the times they had modified for the hours of holiday season, i just worked all day on the 30th' ;) oh well. one way or another im getting one!

I have already sent an email to see if we can get an extension on the offer and will post the information as soon as I hear back. ;)

jetta18T
Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:36 AM
I JUST GOT MINE TODAY!!! I'm so excited to try it out...except the only problem is that I think it's supposed to rain all week. I guess I'll just have to wait until Saturday. No problems with the order and everything that I ordered was in the box, including #80, 3 ultimate bonnets and the set of 3 pads. I'm so happy it's finally here and can't wait to give it a try for the first time.

Lynn Matthews
Jan 4th, 2005, 12:02 PM
UPDATE!
This Holiday Offer Has Been Extended Until Closing on Friday, January 7, 2005!

Customer Care: 1-800-347-5700
Hours: M-F 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Pacific)
Saturday 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. (Pacific)

electricgreen
Jan 4th, 2005, 12:21 PM
:( I want one :( Stupid bad timing, just had to pay the taxes on our new DD :(

OrangeRcode
Jan 7th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Wooo hoooo, I just ordered the G100 and essentials kit. I had not been on the site for a while and almost missed out on it. :bounce

nitro71455
Jan 15th, 2005, 11:43 AM
First post on here....

I just ordered the G100 they let me have at special price still :). I also ordered enough pad's and micro fibers to up the order 50 bucks to take advantage of the free shipping.!!!!

MLTTASK
Feb 13th, 2005, 09:00 PM
Dang, I missed it. I'll have to patiently wait for another offer to roll around :(

nitro71455
Feb 14th, 2005, 06:19 AM
Give them a call... they may still honor the discount.