PDA

View Full Version : spray bottles

coffeesnob
Dec 8th, 2010, 03:14 AM
Has anyone had any trouble with the spray bottle sprayers the products come in? I have bought two hot tire shine bottles and both of those trigger sprayers quit after a few squirts. I call meguiars and they sent me a new bottle and darn if that thing didn't quit after a few squeezes.

Mister B
Dec 8th, 2010, 05:56 AM
I don't use hot shine, but a buddy of mine has and he has had problems with the sprayers on several bottles of hot shine tire spray.

Flash Gordon
Dec 8th, 2010, 06:22 AM
Has anyone had any trouble with the spray bottle sprayers the products come in? I have bought two hot tire shine bottles and both of those trigger sprayers quit after a few squirts. I call meguiars and they sent me a new bottle and darn if that thing didn't quit after a few squeezes.

www.meguiars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46763 (http://www.meguiars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46763)

Check it ^ Its a crying shame how terrible these sprayers perform. I had close to a dozen bottles in a row do the exact same thing

Heres the kicker....A couple weeks ago I went to pick up a couple of bottles of HS, and before I did, I thought man these are a pain in the @@@. So instead I picked up a bottle of Armor-All tire dressing, it looks amazing on tires and doesn't sling. I am on my 3rd bottle already

I'm not posting this to be a pain, but just goes to show you how easily you can loose a customer. I seriously doubt I'll ever purchase Hot Shine again

J. A. Michaels
Dec 8th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Well if you are continuing to have problems. Buy yourself a heavy duty spray bottle and trigger. Then just transfer the product to the secondary bottle. Problem solved.

Flash Gordon
Dec 8th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Well if you are continuing to have problems. Buy yourself a heavy duty spray bottle and trigger. Then just transfer the product to the secondary bottle. Problem solved.

If I wanted to supply my on bottles and sprayers I would purchase the blue stuff from my local distributor. The average consumer will either return the item or set it on a shelf and forget it

Blue Apollo IV
Dec 8th, 2010, 05:51 PM
I find that the sprayers break too...pretty much every bottle I got. I never made it through a whole bottle without it breaking.

So I just bought some nice durable sprayers and replace the original ones on my Ultimate Quik Wax/Ultimate Detailer as needed. They also do a better job of creating a large fine mist.

rqk
Dec 8th, 2010, 08:02 PM
I too have had a lot of sprayers break. So now when I have one that doesn't, I save it after the bottle is empty and wash it out so if another breaks, I have a replacement.
As great as Meguiar's stuff is, it looks like they cheaped out when it came to sprayers.

Marine Toys
Dec 8th, 2010, 08:37 PM
I have had many problems with all of the sprayers, I would normally just take the product back, but when you live in Canada and buy the product in the USA it makes it a little harder, So yes I do now save all my old sprayers and use them or transfer to another no name bottle, so it never really is to much of a issue,

On the same note -- our house hold has the same issue with windex and other products, there is always one around that stops working, so I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you look hard enough there is always a spare around the house that you can use

STRIFE
Dec 8th, 2010, 10:34 PM
^I bought a few from the dollar stores....works great!
I bought mines from the dollar store on Kingsway & Knight...if youre interested

Waiting for wax to dry
May 9th, 2011, 07:19 AM
I replaced my defective bottles with spray bottles from Canadian Tires indoor gardening section... about $ 2.49 + GST

Nappers
Jul 2nd, 2011, 03:04 AM
I learned real fast to give slow steady sprays, not spray the heck out of it like you are putting out a fire, works for me and they quit breaking, plus with the wind, I get more product where I want it, not all over me or paint.....

skipper1
Jul 3rd, 2011, 05:46 PM
I never have had a Hot Shine bottle spray, period. So, I bought the cheapest spray bottle Walmart carries and poured my Hot Shine in there, works perfect.