View Full Version : New iPad App Now Available

Michael Stoops
Apr 21st, 2011, 02:46 PM
Got an iPad?

Want a Meguiar's app for it?

Done.

You're welcome.:woot2

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/1799/iPad-grab.gif

Quik Tips Videos, How to Videos, descriptions of every product used in each video, and a link to purchase the correct product. All at your finger tips. And the app is free. Of course.

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/1799/appstore.gif

Through iTunes or the App Store on your iPad, just type Meguiar's in the search box and there it is.

You can also check it out the iTunes Preview Page. (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/meguiars-car-care-video-guide/id431890141)

Download it, check it out, and let us know what you think.

wifpd4
Apr 21st, 2011, 03:57 PM
:worship

Let you know after bit!!

wifpd4
Apr 21st, 2011, 04:39 PM
Nicely Done!!

Really like the way you've included your home phone number on the "Help Page".

(made ya look)

My only request would be when I scroll down to look at the products, would really like to be able to tap on the image and get a full or at least half screen image of the product. However, going to the MegDirect page works fine. Everything seems to work nicely. Search seems to work best with a single word, such as Clay rather than Clay Bar or Clay Kit.

Now if every MOL'er would download it and get it on the top 25 chart!!!

I hadn't seen the commercials, very nice!!
:xyxthumbs

rcktpwrd
Apr 21st, 2011, 04:51 PM
Any chance there will be an Android app?

MirandaAutoSpa
Apr 21st, 2011, 04:53 PM
very cool.....i wish i still had my iPod Touch. will this app be available for Android?

Innovative Detailing
Apr 21st, 2011, 11:01 PM
Very nice......going to download it right now, let you know how she goes!

Thanks for the support Mike!

TKDDAD
Apr 22nd, 2011, 04:25 AM
AWESOME !!!....love it...thanks Mike !!!

Marc08EX
Apr 24th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Mike, why is it only for the ipad? Why can't I use it for the Itouch?

Marc Hufnagel
Apr 25th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Nicely Done!!

Really like the way you've included your home phone number on the "Help Page".

(made ya look)

My only request would be when I scroll down to look at the products, would really like to be able to tap on the image and get a full or at least half screen image of the product. However, going to the MegDirect page works fine. Everything seems to work nicely. Search seems to work best with a single word, such as Clay rather than Clay Bar or Clay Kit.

Now if every MOL'er would download it and get it on the top 25 chart!!!

I hadn't seen the commercials, very nice!!
:xyxthumbs

some MOL'ers have the superior platform, ANDROID. :chuckle1

wifpd4
Apr 25th, 2011, 07:44 AM
some MOL'ers have the superior platform, ANDROID. :chuckle1

And some day the subject line of a thread will say, "Android app planned".

Some day...

Michael Stoops
Apr 25th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Mike, why is it only for the ipad? Why can't I use it for the Itouch?

It has to do with the fact that iPad apps use the whole screen and they won't shrink down properly. iPhone apps installed on an iPad can be doubled in viewable size, usually with some pixelation, but they do work. While in theory the iPad app should work on a smaller device, it won't display right. There are workarounds for this, usually involving the jailbraking of your device, but they're usually spotty and don't always work on all apps.

Android users, we're listening.

Marc08EX
Apr 25th, 2011, 01:36 PM
It has to do with the fact that iPad apps use the whole screen and they won't shrink down properly. iPhone apps installed on an iPad can be doubled in viewable size, usually with some pixelation, but they do work. While in theory the iPad app should work on a smaller device, it won't display right. There are workarounds for this, usually involving the jailbraking of your device, but they're usually spotty and don't always work on all apps.

Thanks for the response Mike!! I was hoping I could get this on my ipod touch!

MandarinaRacing
Apr 26th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Thanks Meguiar's for the cool app!

http://moby.to/mp5gs4

2010_Challenger
May 19th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Nice. Getting it now.

Juan Manuel Garcia Villarreal
Jul 8th, 2011, 04:32 PM
The App For Ipad Is Not on the App Store

Pats300zx
Jul 9th, 2011, 03:49 AM
How about getting Taptalk for the MOL forum???

fer14
Jul 10th, 2011, 04:22 PM

Yes it is. 166mb downloading in my iphone

Michael Stoops
Jul 11th, 2011, 02:27 PM

Are you sure you're typing our name in correctly? Type in Meguiar's and it brings up both the iPad and iPhone apps (as shown here on my iPad just now :D)

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/IMG00338-20110711-1521.jpg

PhantomMagician
Jul 16th, 2011, 01:12 PM
i really want this app, but can't download it for indonesian store...what should i do ? >.<

Krieg
Jul 29th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Just dled the app and noticed I couldn't play any of the demos. Is this because Apple doesn't support flash and the videos are ported through youtube. If so, big mistake.

Iskandarmh
Oct 14th, 2011, 03:15 PM
I tried to find in the apple store but in vain. Why?

Michael Stoops
Oct 17th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Just dled the app and noticed I couldn't play any of the demos. Is this because Apple doesn't support flash and the videos are ported through youtube. If so, big mistake.
Not sure why that's happening for you - they all play fine on my iPad. I've watched them play on iPhones, iPad, iPad2, with every variation of the OS since we released the app.

I tried to find in the apple store but in vain. Why?Give us a bit to double check with the guys in charge of the program, but it may well be that the apps are available in North America only. Not sure why that would be exactly, but we'll double check and get back to you on that.

rbottis
Feb 13th, 2012, 08:16 PM
I downloaded the app and it doesn't apear to work, all I get is the Menu, logo and search. THe rest of the screen is black. when I select the menu and any of the option the application quits.

I have an iPad 1 and am running iS 5.0.1

bmgamble
Feb 13th, 2012, 11:18 PM
I downloaded the app and it doesn't apear to work, all I get is the Menu, logo and search. THe rest of the screen is black. when I select the menu and any of the option the application quits.

Same goes for me except I'm on the ipad2.

Michael Stoops
Feb 15th, 2012, 08:56 AM

Same goes for me except I'm on the ipad2.

Not sure what to tell you guys - it's working fine on my gen 1 iPad and on the iPad 2 and iPhones that others here have. And we all got if from the same place you would have; downloaded from the AppStore.

Ryan Dodd
Jun 9th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Same with me. I'm running iOS 5.1.1

mrdj
Aug 6th, 2012, 09:52 PM
On my iPad with 5.1.1 if I click on any of the yellow bars to the left of the app page such as videos, solutions, products or support, the app instantly quits. I first installed it several months ago. It didn't seem to work so I uninstalled. Tried again tonight with same results. The comments from users in app store seem to be either it's great or doesn't work. I can however view videos by clicking on them from list in center of page that takes me to the YouTube page. Something about the left side selector bars seems to be bad.

ca_999
Dec 7th, 2012, 04:19 AM
New IPad iOS v.5.11 Application crash while opening the left yellow menu. I wonder why the app only available in the AppSore on US region?

tapp1
Apr 10th, 2013, 07:34 PM
I second the crashing upon opening the app...

stephendavion
May 2nd, 2013, 10:00 PM
what about an android app???

jfelbab
Nov 18th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Not sure why that's happening for you - they all play fine on my iPad. I've watched them play on iPhones, iPad, iPad2, with every variation of the OS since we released the app.
Give us a bit to double check with the guys in charge of the program, but it may well be that the apps are available in North America only. Not sure why that would be exactly, but we'll double check and get back to you on that.

It is now November 18th, a month since we've heard from you on this, and the app still quits when I try to open a forum thread on my iPhone5 running IOS 7.0.4. Any progress on this issue?
Thanks

jfelbab
Nov 18th, 2013, 08:56 AM
It is now November 18th, a month since we've heard from you on this, and the app still quits when I try to open a forum thread on my iPhone5 running IOS 7.0.4. Any progress on this issue?
Thanks

Never mind. I deleted the app and re-downloaded it and it is now working.

Thanks,