PDA

View Full Version : MOL 10th Anniversary Celebration

Michael Stoops
Jan 9th, 2014, 04:42 PM
UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!!

We are moving the start time up to 5:30PM and we will be providing food for everyone attending! So come on by right after work for dinner, swap some MOL stories, talk detailing with some of the best detailers around.

Barry Meguiar will be with us for the evening so it's a great time for photos, and of course he always great stories to share. If you're in the area, don't miss this! Click the flyer below and sign up to attend!

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2212/MOL_10th_b2.jpg

Time sure flies when you're having fun!!

Join in celebrating 10 years of meguiarsonline.com by either posting your thoughts, experiences, anecdotes, or whatever in this thread. Or, if you're in the area and want to join us in our Training Garage for cake and soda (and some fun raffle prizes!) then mention that you'd like to be added to our sign up list. With limited space we can accommodate 50 people max, so if you plan on attending please let us know! We'll be holding this Open House on Thursday, January 30 from 7:00 to 8:30PM.

Meguiar's own Mike Pennington and Jason Rose will be in attendance, and so will Kevin Brown, Larry Kosilla, Joe Fernandez, Derek Bemiss and who knows who!

We launched MOL on January 19, 2004 to provide a community for detailing enthusiasts and fans of the Meguiar's brand. We consider MOL to be not only an extension of our Customer Care Center, but truly a great community where anyone from a total newbie to the world of detailing to a seasoned pro can come for information on detailing in general and Meguiar's products specifically. We've watched MOL grow into something that we could scarcely imagine a decade ago and as with any community, it's the members that have been so huge in making that happen. Of course, we would be terribly remiss if we failed to mention all the hard work, dedication and passion that Mike Phillips poured into MOL to get it up and running. We also want to single out Tim Lingor, Mark Kleis and Andy Milczarek for acting as Moderators on the forum over the years; a thankless but important part of the forum.

Here's how MOL looked in the days leading up to our formal launch back in 2004:
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2212/2004_01_20a.jpg

Once ready to go we had the basic forum structure set for easy navigation, and on March 29, 2004 we looked like this:http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2212/2004_03_29.jpg

We continued to grow, and after one full year we had a membership roster numbering 2588! And from there we just kept on growing. More posts, discussions about our Detailing Classes, more pictures from our members, and we reached 10,000 members on September 7, 2006. That number grew to 25,000 on November 9, 2009 and today we are over 46,000 members. Together, we've created over 54,000 threads and more than half a million posts!!! There should be a LOT of really shiny cars out there because of this!!

Times change, and we ultimately moved toward a design theme that more closely fit with our other online properties, meguiars.com and carcrazycentral.com. On August 8, 2010 we looked like this:
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2212/2007_08_10.jpg

Things continued to change and evolve, as life always does, and in the summer of 2009 the duties for handling the day to day adminstration of MOL were handed off from Mike Phillips to me. And without a doubt, the very best part of it for me has been all the great new friends I've made here. From teaching our Saturday Classes and Thursday Night Open Garages to working at car shows, doing demos with distributors, etc I've met countless really great car guys. And I look forward to meeting many more of you in the future.

So, what are your fondest memories of your time on MOL? Your greatest lesson learned? Biggest "ah-HA!" moment? Feel free to share them in this thread, and if you plan on attending our January 30th Open House, be sure to specifically mention that as well so we can add you to the list!

Thank you to all our members for helping to make MOL such a huge success, and such an important part of Meguiar's. You guys really are the best!!

Michael Stoops
Jan 9th, 2014, 04:43 PM
January 30 Open House Sign Up List:

1. imz4n
2. RDVT4ME
3. b-rad
4. ajokeman
5. CreamPuff
6. edit*dan
7. EXECMOBILE
8. Detailing by M
9. Matt-erhorn
10. Skippershe
11. Skippershe +1
12. Richard Lin
13. May Lin
14. Mitch Hohimer
15. Theon Campbell
16. PureArt
17. Psynx
18. ClearlyCoated
19. Christopher.Brown
20. paul - the other pc
21. Chris Rappas
22. Andy
23. Morgan
24. MaximusZTS
25. Claude
26. Jackie
27. Eldorado2k

Daniel Kinder
Jan 9th, 2014, 06:00 PM
Congratulations Meguiars and to you Michael Stoops for taking over MOL from a great and talented guy such as Mike Phillips and doing a fantastic job! Both of you two has taught me as well as thousands of OCD MOL junkie's many great techniques and wrote countless post on keeping us up to date on all the new products and how to properly use these products and answered question after question when the new SMAT products came out with page after page of great answers and new techniques to go along as well. And for one of the most IMPORTANT things we as detailer's alike rather your a newbee or season professional is of USING THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCTS TO GET THE JOB DONE!

Thank you MEGUIARS for continuing to keep setting the bar high for the competition to try to keep up with and for all you've done for this great world of polishing and thank you to all the moderators for helping keep MOL family friendly and a great place to come hang out! And I can't forget Mike Pennington, Jason Rose, Kevin Brown, Tim Lingor & Steve Coronado these guys knowledge is second to none! Hope to be here for the next 10 years of MOL and would love to attend the Anniversary but maybe the next one!!!

jfelbab
Jan 10th, 2014, 06:09 AM
I joined MOL in April of 2004. I've never left and can't believe how fast those 10 years have flown by (until I look in the mirror and wonder where all my hair went and how I got all those wrinkles). I bought my first G100 (PC) back then along with literally a garage full of Meguiar's products since. This forum, unlike many other automotive forums, has maintained a very high caliber of membership and moderators. Here a wish for another outstanding decade and a sincere thank you to all involved with creating and maintaining MOL.

RDVT4ME
Jan 10th, 2014, 07:38 AM
Mike,

Maybe I missed something, but what time on the 30th is the open house?

Evan.J
Jan 10th, 2014, 08:30 AM
Mike,

Maybe I missed something, but what time on the 30th is the open house?

January 30 from 7:00 to 8:30PM

imz4n
Jan 10th, 2014, 08:40 AM
I joined in Dec. 2006. Meguiar's has allowed me to be part of the TNOG and both of the Saturday training classes. The magic that happens in these classes are amazing. You never know who will bring what to these events. The troubled look on the faces of the owners when they first arrive and the utter relief that comes on their face when they realize that their baby can be saved is an awesome thing to see happen in person. Taking a first time user of a buffer and showing them that with a bit of training and the correct product they can get that sense of accomplishment of taking care of their baby and achieve their goals. Meguiar's has provided such a unique opportunity for the detailing enthusiasts community like no other company that I have had the pleasure to be around. The staff truly enjoys what they do and it is obvious to all that attend. This passion has taken me from a wash ( dawn dish soap ) and wax guy by hand to a D/A buffer 5 step detail enthusiast that now feels like I have accomplished a true appreciation for detailing and the correct way to make it happen and then share what I have learned with others. If there is room I would love to attend the gala.

greg0303
Jan 10th, 2014, 10:09 AM
Happy Happy Birthday MOL !!! :birthday1

RDVT4ME
Jan 10th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Mike,

Please add me to the list. It will be great to see all the guys I have learned so much from.

-Bob

b-rad
Jan 10th, 2014, 01:15 PM
Mike,

please add me to the list to attend as well. I would not know what I know about detailing with out MOL and all of its members.

Brad

torque
Jan 10th, 2014, 02:13 PM
Congratulation to Meguiars Online for ten years and to the people that makes Meguiars Online what it is today.

ajokeman
Jan 10th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Mike ad me to the list please. You and everyone there has taught me a lot. ajokeman--Alan

wifpd4
Jan 10th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Wow, sure wish I could stop by and hang out with the detailing world celebrities. Sounds like it could be a great time, the wealth of knowledge would be staggering as usually the case when a group of folks are drawn together by a common cause and like interest.

When I purchased a car a few years ago, my wife said, "take care of it or else...". Not sure what "or else" meant, but I knew I didn't want to find out and I also knew I knew zero, zip, zilch about concerned car care. I stumbled onto MOL and purchased a buffer on sale and started using it with a certain amount of bravado turning my car into a canvas of trial and error of least aggressive methods. I read the thread about the Saturday classes and decided I would go and learn from the best. Those of you that haven't visited Meguiar's, it is so convenient. There is a motel across the street from the airport and Meguiar's offices are just a few blocks away. So I booked a flight, a room, a rental car and had my name put on the class list.

The Saturday class was split into to two segments, the classroom segment and the hands-on segment in the garage. Mr. Stoops asked everyone to rate their confidence or experience with a buffer. I perhaps rated myself a bit higher than appropriate, okay way higher than appropriate. When we went to the garage and after a brief bit of instruction I took a buffer and started in. After a short bit of time I heard a firm but gentle voice of Mr. Stoops in my ear say, "...you're violating rule number one...". After letting the red glow dissipate from my face, I put the cord over my shoulder. So that was ground zero of my concerned car care education. Now nearly four years later, I'm finally at the level of competency I thought I was at four years ago.

Thanks to Mr. Stoops, the many staff members of the Meguiar's extended family, the esteemed individual members of MOL and even a chance encounter with Mike Philips I have a much better appreciation of the skill, expertise and quality products needed for concerned car care. Thanks too to the tech support staff that keep all the Meguiar's web pages up and running.

Congratulations for the completion of the first ten years of Meguiar's On Line and continued success to the thousands of folks MOL has assisted over the years.

CreamPuff
Jan 10th, 2014, 04:25 PM
I joined in Feb of 2008 and back then I had a 2005 Acura TL in White Diamond Pearl. It was a nice car and I enjoyed it, but the clean paint always looked…white.

Now, I have a color that I love to show off and thanks to Meguiars, after having my car for 5 years and a few months, people are amazed when I tell them my car is a 2008, and it's got 115k miles on it, and she still looks as good as she does thanks to what I've learned to do with Meguiar's products!

I'll be there! Gonna put this on my calendar now!

BillyJack
Jan 10th, 2014, 04:31 PM
Congratulations on another milestone in Meguiar's rich history! Wish I could be there!
My Meguiar's story:
Back in '71 I rebuilt a totaled '67 Malibu. After having it painted, I color-sanded it and rubbed it out by hand (whew!). My local paint supplier recommended M07 (then called Sealer and Reseal Glaze)as a polish, and the relationship began.
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee388/kaminokids/67MalibuLRcropped.jpg
A few years after, I entered the retail car business and A6 Cleaner Wax was the product I recommended to my customers. I still have a few of the old bottles and jugs from the 70's and 80's.
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee388/kaminokids/Detail%20Forum%20Pics/Meguiars.jpg

Fast forward to 2009. The "Detail to Retail" skills I learned in the business were no longer adequate to maintain the original finish on my '87 El Camino. Searching the web for help, I wound up here and started soaking up the teachings of all the "Mikes" on staff as well as the many qualified contributors, bringing my old girl to a level it hadn't seen since the 80's.
Thanks to the Meguiar's organization for hosting such a valuable venue as MOL. I certainly hope to be around for the 20th anniversary as well. And if you ever revive the roadshow tours in or around the PA, Ohio area, sign me up!
Once again congrats on the 10th and best wishes for many, many more anniversaries!

Bill

edit*dan
Jan 10th, 2014, 04:45 PM
I was only casually interested in detailing my car until I took the beginners detailing class at Meguiar's several years back. Ever since that day detailing has been a huge part of my life. Through going to Meguiar's TNOG (when I can get away from work early enough) I have made a great friend who I have bonded with, and not just over cars. Thanks Meguiar's for not just making great products but for bringing people with common interests together.

Please sign me up for the celebration, I'll be there.

EXECMOBILE
Jan 10th, 2014, 08:36 PM
Would love to attend. Ryan Rehart - Executive Mobile Detail

Detailing by M
Jan 10th, 2014, 08:41 PM
Yes I'll attend.

And this should say all I need to say about how I feel about Meguiar's.
My customers love you too!
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll43/MaseratiMario/My%20Ford%20van/6a5ed616-36f9-4c0e-8c14-e06d33db8213_zps1a0bc355.jpg

Superior Shine
Jan 10th, 2014, 10:06 PM
Man 10 years already. Darn I haven't amounted to much. I was driving around in a van wash washing cars back then and ten years later I am doing the exact same thing!

Matt-erhorn
Jan 11th, 2014, 10:01 AM
I'll attend.

Even though I haven't been around that long I had that many post. I've read so many things that have helped me greatly. Without MOL I don't know if I'd be as crazy about detailing as I am right now.

Skippershe
Jan 11th, 2014, 05:43 PM
Please add Ron and Dawn to attend! We are so grateful for all of the help we have received during last years TNOG's. Looking forward to another year and seeing all of our new found friends there!

davey g-force
Jan 12th, 2014, 02:22 PM
Wow, 10 years already!

I've been around for 9 of them, and MOL is my favourite forum. I've learned so much and really enjoy hanging out here. :)

Mike Phillips
Jan 13th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Time sure flies when you're having fun!!

Incredible and almost impossible to believe it's been 10 years!

Join in celebrating 10 years of MeguiarsOnline.com by either posting your thoughts, experiences, anecdotes, or whatever in this thread.

I could probably share hundreds of "car guy" stories from the past classes, TNOG's (which started out on Wednesday nights so that would be WNOG's), Extreme Makeovers, and Roadshow classes but here's just one... If you go to the URL Address for any "thread" on the forum and start at the end and delete all the letters and numbers till you get down to the number 5 after the question mark, you will get the first and oldest remaining thread on this forum.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?5

Here's a screenshot...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/722/First_Thread_on_MOL.jpg

If you try deleting the number "5" and inserting 1 through 4, which would signify posts 1, 2, 3, and 4 nothing comes up and the reason for that is because these posts read,

Test Post

And after testing the functionality of the forum I deleted them. Then the next post was the thread for the Mini Coopers at Meguiar's Saturday class.

Or, if you're in the area and want to join us in our Training Garage for cake and soda (and some fun raffle prizes!) then mention that you'd like to be added to our sign up list. With limited space we can accommodate 50 people max, so if you plan on attending please let us know! We'll be holding this Open House on Thursday, January 30 from 7:00 to 8:30PM.

Meguiar's own Mike Pennington and Jason Rose will be in attendance, and so will Kevin Brown, Larry Kosilla, Joe Fernandez, Derek Bemiss and who knows who!

Ding dang!

Now that's an all-star line-up!

Things continued to change and evolve, as life always does, and in the summer of 2009 the duties for handling the day to day administration of MOL were handed off from Mike Phillips to me.

And Mike you've done a stellar job since then and I'm confident the future is even brighter!

:doublethumbsup2 :doublethumbsup2 :doublethumbsup2

Mike Phillips
Jan 13th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Just to add... out of all the cars we worked on here as a team over the years, one of the most interesting and unique was the antique pedal car brought in by forum member Mark Cummins...

Just to add... out of all the cars we worked on here as a team over the years, one of the most interesting and unique was the antique pedal car brought in by forum member Mark Cummins...

Open Class for Members of Meguiar's Online! - November 4th, 2006! (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?16740-Open-Class-for-Members-of-Meguiar-s-Online!/page2)

Mark Cummins brought the Pedal Car he drove as a little boy to Meguiar's Garage for some repair and then polishing. It has been restored and repainted using an Imron paint, (leftover from an Airplane Project), and it's a wonderful example of a classic pedal car except right out in the front, middle of the hood were some splotches of Epoxy Glue that had somehow landed and then bonded to the paint.

Mark brought the Pedal Car to a previous "Open Garage" and we threw everything in the book at it but to no avail. It was recommended that he try using a heat gun to carefully heat the Epoxy Glue and then chip or scrape it off after it was heated, but to do this in a way that the paint wasn't overheated and altered.

So... Mark brings his trusty, but dusty heat gun and we give it try and with a little heat and a little scraping with our thumbnail we get the epoxy glue off the paint. The Epoxy glue did however leave sub-surface imprints in the paint so to remove these we wet-sanded the paint down using some #2000 Nikken Finishing papers and then removed our sanding marks to restore a beautiful, glue-free finish!

Thank you Mark for bringing us your family heirloom to work on... :xyxthumbs

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/OC4Nov016.jpg

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/OC4Nov017.jpg

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/OC4Nov019.jpg

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/OC4Nov021.jpg

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/OC4Nov022.jpg

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/OC4Nov023.jpg

Then in keeping with the normal protocol of taking the beauty shots, we parked the pedal car in the usual place to take pictures and it was just so cute parked there far below the neon Meguiar's sign...

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/OC4Nov024.jpg

Kind of cool in its own way....

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/OC4Nov029.jpg

Good times....

:)

OctaneGuy
Jan 13th, 2014, 09:56 AM
MOL played a very important part in my career. Today I am a respected detailer and it all began with the NXT clinics and Mike Phillips who provided me with a solid foundation as well as quality Meguiar's products to learn the trade. Count me in on this clinic. I will be bringing my wife, and my two employees with me, Mitch Hohimer and Theon Campbell.

Some pics from my archives
http://showcardetailing.com/img/500_nxtoverzaino201.jpg
http://showcardetailing.com/img/DSCN9139202.jpg
http://showcardetailing.com/img/DSCN916003.jpg
http://showcardetailing.com/img/DSCN91604.jpg
http://showcardetailing.com/img/DSCN918005.jpg
http://showcardetailing.com/img/DSCN918506.jpg
http://showcardetailing.com/img/DSCN918607.jpg
http://showcardetailing.com/img/DSCN918708.jpg
http://showcardetailing.com/img/DSCN919209.jpg
http://showcardetailing.com/img/DSCN919710.jpg

davey g-force
Jan 13th, 2014, 11:59 AM
That pedal car is the coolest! The pic of Mike standing there buffing the hood on it with a DA is priceless!

PureArt
Jan 13th, 2014, 01:26 PM
I am glad I found this place and that Meguiar's is pretty close by. I'd like to attend on the 30th. Sign me up.

Thanks a lot everyone that has helped me on my Detailing journey. I have learned the difference between body shop detailing and detailing Detailing.

Thanks again,

Art

Michael Stoops
Jan 13th, 2014, 03:57 PM
And Mike you've done a stellar job since then and I'm confident the future is even brighter!

:doublethumbsup2 :doublethumbsup2 :doublethumbsup2

Thanks, Mike, I really appreciate that. Goodness knows I've had some big shoes to fill!

Count me in on this clinic. I will be bringing my wife, and my two employees with me, Mitch Hohimer and Theon Campbell.

You're definitely in, Richard, and we're thrilled to have you! Just a reminder though, this isn't really a clinic, just an open-house-come-and-hang-out-with-the-gang kinda thing.

rusty bumper
Jan 13th, 2014, 04:54 PM
My, how time flies! I can't believe it's been 10 years already!

I'm proud to be a founding member of them forum, and I have learned much to further my craft over the years from the likes of Mike Phillips, 2hotford, and a host of other long-time members like Superior Shine, Murr1525, the other pc, and many, many, more. :xyxthumbs:xyxthumbs:xyxthumbs

Hats off to Michael Stoops and company for doing a great job too!

Christopher.Brown
Jan 13th, 2014, 05:05 PM
You KNOW im going.. gotta give everyone some love... and some grief :doublethumbsup2:furious1

EVERYTIME i was trying to meet Senior Fernandez at SEMA, he was having too good a time chummin it up with buffdaddy and Bemiss!

Senior Stoops, why you gotta make it on a School Night?

BUt im guessing the regulars wont mind to get their faux "cold season" -TNOG fix!

this is a great thing, as TNOG literally gives anyone who can drive to it, a hands on way of getting up close and dirty to learn about products, equipment, and techniques in a safe, fun, and FRIENDLY environment...

OctaneGuy
Jan 13th, 2014, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the reminder! I'm in for any kind of fun at Meguiar's lol. =)

You're definitely in, Richard, and we're thrilled to have you! Just a reminder though, this isn't really a clinic, just an open-house-come-and-hang-out-with-the-gang kinda thing.

Daniel Kinder
Jan 13th, 2014, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the reminder! I'm in for any kind of fun at Meguiar's lol. =)
I'd like to be there with ya buddy! Going to be a great place to hang out!

Psynx
Jan 13th, 2014, 08:18 PM
I'll stop by
Meguiar's is at fault for giving me ocd and cursing me for not looking at paint the same.
Started with their 101 class.
Then took the advance course and finally the nxt course with senseis stoops, joe, Jason rose, Kevin brown.
And on the 16th Diaz will be my interior instructor.
Because of mol I met some great people in person and over txt, became friends with Mario, John, Christopher brown
And kris had the best sales :)

juho
Jan 13th, 2014, 10:14 PM
축하합니다. Congratulations! Herzlichen Glueckwusch!

ClearlyCoated
Jan 13th, 2014, 11:20 PM
Please add me to the list - John (ClearlyCoated)

ClearlyCoated
Jan 14th, 2014, 12:22 PM
I joined MOL five years ago when my (then) new Honda Accord was attacked by a paint and body lot guy who "dry-washed" my car (the car was there to have the bumper cover repaired). The scratches were pretty horrific and I, still uninitiated to the addiction of detailing, thought I was going to have to have my car repainted. I found MOL after Googling a search on how to fix the paint, and found Meguiars's customer care number. After speaking with Rick McDonough and receiving a referral to a detailer in my area who could help, I had my Accord fully corrected and was so impressed with the process, I joined MOL to learn how to do it myself. Over the years, I have completed both Meguiars free detailing classes (beginning and advanced) attended TNOG's, helped out with wiping down cars at the Barrett-Jackson and Russo-Steele car auctions (helps to live within driving distance of Meguiars HQ in Irvine) and made a whole lot of good friends online and at the TNOG's.

Ironically, that initial paint correction proved to be the cheapest element of my new-found detailing addiction. To this day I still enjoy detailing my own cars and being able to help friends and family with correcting and caring for their own paint and finish issues.

the other pc
Jan 14th, 2014, 03:08 PM
Holy guacamole, 10 years!

I wouldn't know where to begin. MOL has introduced me to too many great friends and great times to count.

Thanks, Meguiar's.

No way I'm missing out on this party. Count me in!

paul - the other pc

Narkissos Detailing
Jan 14th, 2014, 09:19 PM
Happy 10th Anniversary MOL!

I have made many new friends on MOL and at TNOG in the last 2 years, even a couple of new buddies. Amazing how many gear heads are in this community. Thank you Meguiar's, Mike stoops, Mike Phillips, Mike Pennington and Jason Rose for building such a special community! Also, a very special thank you to Mike Stoops, Nick, Paul (the other pc), Andy (bmrfan), Bob (imz4n), Tommy (CreamPuff), and anyone else who may have slipped my mind at this late hour for helping me get my detailing to the next magnitude! I appreciate your fellowship, friendship, knowledge, skill and generosity more than you know!

Mike, if people are traveling from other states to attend this event, I'd better drive 2 exits down the 405 freeway! lol :steeringPlease add me to the Open House Sign Up List.

bmrfan
Jan 15th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Wow! Ten years already?

Please sign me up - Andy aka bmrfan

Andy M.
Jan 15th, 2014, 09:16 PM
Happy Birthday MOL! I'm Back!!!! Sorry it took so long! Some of you know the details and some not. But I'll be seeing you!

Andy

greg0303
Jan 16th, 2014, 06:33 AM
^ Good to see You back, Andy. ^ :)

Daniel Kinder
Jan 16th, 2014, 07:51 AM
Happy Birthday MOL! I'm Back!!!! Sorry it took so long! Some of you know the details and some not. But I'll be seeing you!

Andy Glad to see ya back buddy!!!

Tim Lingor
Jan 18th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Hey everyone!

Congratulations to MOL for 10 years of serving the detailing enthusiast!!!! :) :) :)

I just want to thank Mike Phillips for all of his effort in starting Meguiar's Online!! Being there from day one, I can personally attest to his hard work and dedication to the goal of providing the detailing enthusiast a place to go that would answer any level of detailing question in a friendly and helpful manner. The goal from day one was to provide a friendly atmosphere so that any level of detailer would feel welcome amongst friends! :)

I would also like to thank: Mike Pennington, Jason Rose, Mike Stoops, Andy and Mark for keeping the vision growing!! It takes a tremendous amount of work and diligence to keep a forum running smoothly and you guys have done an excellent job doing just that! Congrats guys!

And I would be remiss for not thanking the most important people, the MOL community! Thank You for the many years of enjoyment I shared on the site! From answering questions to doing reviews, I never lost my desire to help anyone who asked for help! :) :) :)
 
Congratulations Meguiar’s in keeping the tradition of excellence going with Meguiar’s Online!!!

Tim

Tim Lingor
Jan 18th, 2014, 09:53 AM

Andy

Hey my friend!! I am glad to see you are back! I hope you are doing well!!! :) :) :)

Tim

greg0303
Jan 18th, 2014, 03:08 PM
^ Tim is back for MOL's 10-Year Anniversary :heelclick1.gif ^

Now it's officially VIP thread.

Jackaayy
Jan 18th, 2014, 05:42 PM
Count me IN!!!!

Tim Lingor
Jan 18th, 2014, 06:59 PM
^ Tim is back for MOL's 10-Year Anniversary :heelclick1.gif ^

Now it's officially VIP thread.

Thanks Greg!! You are a great friend with a LOT of detailing talent!!!! I have followed your work and frankly, it is awesome!!! :doublethumbsup2

Tim

greg0303
Jan 19th, 2014, 09:39 AM
Thanks Greg!! You are a great friend with a LOT of detailing talent!!!! I have followed your work and frankly, it is awesome!!! :doublethumbsup2
Tim

Thank you very much, Tim.

I learned from The Best of The Best. :notworthy

morganneuland
Jan 19th, 2014, 10:06 AM
Please add me to the open house list. I have been meaning to get to an open Thursday and will be attending the Saturday class a few days before. Looking forward to meeting new friends.

Thanks, Morgan

PorscheGuy997
Jan 19th, 2014, 10:13 PM
I don't think I can make it out there on such a short notice; I'm actually in NYC right now...

Has it really been five years since I made it over to the garage?

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/832/medium/173.JPG

It's always been a lot fun to join in the forum.

Cheers,

Nick Chapman
Jan 20th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Man, time sure does fly! Happy birthday MOL!

Tuck91
Jan 21st, 2014, 05:02 PM
Happy 10th Birthday MOL!!!

Glad to see everyone stopping by.

Hemin8r
Jan 23rd, 2014, 03:39 PM
Congratulations MOL!!! This forum definitely was a big inspiration for me in the detailing world!!! Everyone there are all amazing and great to be around with. Thank you Meguiar's once again & Congratulations!!!

MaximusZTS
Jan 24th, 2014, 10:00 AM
I will be there. :steering

MaximusZTS
Jan 24th, 2014, 04:59 PM
I may be bringing a special guest. :chuckle1

MagicHands
Jan 24th, 2014, 11:43 PM
I'm in Mike, congrats to MOL, I personally enjoyed my nights

Michael Stoops
Jan 28th, 2014, 03:14 PM
UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!!

We are moving the start time up to 5:30PM and we will be providing food for everyone attending! So come on by right after work for dinner, swap some MOL stories, talk detailing with some of the best detailers around.

Barry Meguiar will be with us for the evening so it's a great time for photos, and of course he always great stories to share. If you're in the area, don't miss this! Click the flyer below and sign up to attend!

Christopher.Brown
Jan 28th, 2014, 03:59 PM
NOW its a proper Thursday night party:

Eldorado2k
Jan 29th, 2014, 12:49 AM
Can I please be added to the list? I'd love to attend and meet some great people. This sounds awesome!

Ric - Eldorado2k

wifpd4
Jan 29th, 2014, 04:25 AM
Mr. Meguiar showing up, well that and food...I may have to rethink my decision. (Okay, my wife rethink her decision)

:) Isn't there a corporate jet that could swing by Iowa?

Mr. Stoops please provide us frozen detailers some awesome photos of what is going to be a hot event ! ! !

CreamPuff
Jan 29th, 2014, 09:22 PM
I'm surprised that only 25 or so people have signed up!!! Where are all the crazy crazies here in SoCal?!?!?!

Mike Phillips
Jan 30th, 2014, 05:11 AM
Really think this is cool and I wish I could have attended, maybe the 20 year anniversary?

Just to note, while you guys are partying and having all the fun, out on the East Coast we'll be holding our own TNOG and buffing out three cool cars tonight.....

1959 Chevy Impala
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2241/1959_Iimpala_Red_015.jpg

1960 Chevy Stationwagon
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2260/1960_Chevy_Parkwood_001.jpg

And streetrod 1965 Ford F100 Pickup with an oxidized single stage enamel finish. We're going to use Meguiar's M101 Pro Speed Compound with wool pads on Flex PE14's to cut the paint on this project.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2224/1965_Ford_F100_001.jpg

Was thinking maybe we can make a short YouTube video to tell you all "Hi" as we work through our projects.

:)

imz4n
Jan 30th, 2014, 08:55 AM
I'm surprised that only 25 or so people have signed up!!! Where are all the crazy crazies here in SoCal?!?!?!

All the real one will be in Irvine, LOL

Detailing by M
Jan 30th, 2014, 09:54 AM
I'm out

Psynx
Jan 30th, 2014, 01:05 PM
I'm out
you **** mario
why you flaking

ClearlyCoated
Jan 30th, 2014, 03:21 PM
I'm out

Dang! Well, so long as Please Wash Me Detailing is still attending...

biglou468
Jan 30th, 2014, 04:09 PM
sign me up please,i see a great group of pros,looking forward to it. louie

Eldorado2k
Jan 30th, 2014, 04:23 PM
It's time to rock & roll! Hopefully traffic's not a complete nightmare coming from LA. Lol.
Thanks to Michael Stoops & Meguiars 4 the invite, Cya guys there! :)

Daniel Kinder
Jan 30th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Have a great time guys, I would have loved to be there!!!! Be looking foward to all the great pics Michael!

davey g-force
Jan 30th, 2014, 05:11 PM
Dang! Well, so long as Please Wash Me Detailing is still attending...

:chuckle1

CreamPuff
Jan 31st, 2014, 09:49 AM
Holy cow…what an event!

It's one thing to be fans of a company because they make great products, but it's awesome to buy these great products from such great people. The passion and love at Meguiars is pretty amazing. An awesome company, ran by some seriously dedicated car crazy people that are just flat out great human beings.

Thanks for everything guys! Keep doing what you're doing!

PureArt
Jan 31st, 2014, 11:14 AM
I went and it was a really great event. The food was great too.

I didn't know that Barry Meguiar had put in so much foot work in getting Meguiar's known.

The 3M story was a good one too.

I really like how he said making friends is really important (not his exact words btw)

I really hope Larry Kosilla is making a video and puts it up on his YouTube channel for the rest to see.

Either way I am glad I attended and had a nice time.

Thanks Meguiar's

Art

Michael Stoops
Jan 31st, 2014, 03:54 PM
We started a new thread for pictures from the event here (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?60747-Pictures-from-MOL-10th-Anniversary-Celebration&p=543466). We saw plenty of camera phones clicking away so we know you guys have plenty of images to share so feel free to post them in that new thread.

Thanks for making last night, and the past decade, a blast!!!