PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's 2016 New Products Guessing Game

Nick Winn
Oct 22nd, 2015, 03:51 PM
We are less than two weeks away from the announcement of Meguiar's 2016 New Products at SEMA. We invite all MOL users to share their thoughts. Happy Guessing!

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2408/2016products_2.gif

Selectchoice
Oct 22nd, 2015, 04:16 PM
Some of the bottles at the back in the middle look like some of the VERY early Meguiar's bottles from a time long, long ago. And with the colourless image, is Meguiar's going back in time and re-releasing all their original products from the early 1900's? 'New Products for 1916' perhaps? :laughing

Jarhead0754
Oct 22nd, 2015, 04:53 PM
The two in front look like maybe 2 more new air refreshner scents. And then maybe a repellant for ur windshield like rain x. But it's hard with this black and white picture. Really got me wondering and excited.

davey g-force
Oct 22nd, 2015, 05:14 PM
The big bottle in the middle at the back may be a new car wash, or even a rinseless?

The spray bottles at the front right and rear left look the same. Then there's two other bottles that look like refills for those spray bottles.

The Guz
Oct 22nd, 2015, 08:14 PM
Hopefully a coating.

DasBurninator
Oct 23rd, 2015, 06:40 AM
On the left side looks like a wax container

wheckathorn
Oct 23rd, 2015, 12:32 PM
New pads for big throw polishers, since Rupes increased torque. New waterless wash for CA, And a fore ever clean glass cleaner so we can see the behind that blurry picture. lol

evo77
Oct 23rd, 2015, 07:45 PM
Hopefully one of those is a rinseless wash.

luc.who
Oct 24th, 2015, 06:02 PM
As i cleaned my bike after todays ride my rear wheel sure could use the brake dust barrier that Randy mentioned this past week.

Eldorado2k
Oct 24th, 2015, 07:50 PM
That rectangular box on the bottom left looks like it could be some sort of interior fabric protectant. And the tall aerosol next to it might be an upgraded Ultimate Black Tire Coating.

Scott's 62
Oct 25th, 2015, 08:54 AM
There s one bottle in the back that looks like it has a self cleaning tip New pro line product? I love this time of year lol

paulcr39
Oct 25th, 2015, 04:13 PM
Hmmmmm? Wondering if the two bottles in front are a paint cleaner/paint coating combo.

davey g-force
Oct 25th, 2015, 05:08 PM
Hmmmmm? Wondering if the two bottles in front are a paint cleaner/paint coating combo.

:db: :heelclick1.gif

Michael Stoops
Oct 26th, 2015, 12:17 PM
Hopefully one of those is a rinseless wash.
Are you not familiar with D114 Rinse Free Express Wash and/or D115 Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax?

Garage Troll
Oct 26th, 2015, 01:21 PM
Are you not familiar with D114 Rinse Free Express Wash and/or D115 Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax?

Haha! I thought this exact same thing, Mike.

mohebmhanna
Oct 26th, 2015, 04:26 PM
On the left side my guess is a new wax.
Unfortunately, there is NO new DA polisher 12mm (Lol) - which I'm waiting for from Meguiars.

Nick Winn
Oct 27th, 2015, 07:39 AM
Less than a week to go! I wonder if anyone has guessed correctly?

wifpd4
Oct 27th, 2015, 09:23 AM
The aerosol to the left is a changed foam tire cleaner/dressing that won't stain concrete. The aerosol to the right is an improved brake dust barrier spray. How do you improve BDB? The spray bottle just to the left of BDB is a leather cleaner/ protectant.

Ron500
Oct 31st, 2015, 06:30 AM
the blurry photos seems showing a particularly premium looking bottle design, so I guessing a new premium range like gold class, which would be simply superb, also some members have rightly pointed out, reminds one of the earliest designs from Meguiars, such a great touch.....

OhioCarBuff
Nov 1st, 2015, 06:19 PM
I'm thinking the product that looks like a round jar on the front of the left side is a new consumer grade wax, perhaps a new upgraded version of Ultimate Wax? Ultimate Wax 2.0? Or maybe a paste version of protect 365?

SwunMurrieta
Nov 2nd, 2015, 10:02 AM
Front left, black round box is leather cream.

evo77
Nov 2nd, 2015, 09:53 PM

Quite familiar. Unfortunately I won't commit to a gallon of it just because I like trying new stuff all the time, as most of us do here, and I'd most likely never get a chance to use it all up. And since the Detailer line is not sold in most retail stores I was hoping for a 16 oz concentrate bottle that could easily be found at my local Walmart or Auto Zone.

I guess that won't be the case after all...

Selectchoice
Nov 3rd, 2015, 01:39 AM
Quite familiar. Unfortunately I won't commit to a gallon of it just because I like trying new stuff all the time, as most of us do here, and I'd most likely never get a chance to use it all up. And since the Detailer line is not sold in most retail stores I was hoping for a 16 oz concentrate bottle that could easily be found at my local Walmart or Auto Zone.

I guess that won't be the case after all...

So, in actuality, you're seeking smaller packaging of existing, and spectacular, products Meguiar's currently make rather than requesting a new product as such?

Michael Stoops
Nov 3rd, 2015, 06:57 AM
So, in actuality, you're seeking smaller packaging of existing, and spectacular, products Meguiar's currently make rather than requesting a new product as such?
Yes he is, and that's perfectly fine. If enough people voiced this same opinion it may well lead us to releasing a consumer packaged version of D114 (we already have a consumer version of D115 - Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere). But waterless and rinseless washing is still very new to the average consumer, and mass market retailers really need product that moves off the shelf quickly. It took UWWA a couple of years to really be understood in the consumer space and gain traction, and a rinseless wash would likely be even more difficult for the average guy to fully understand. That doesn't mean we're giving up on such a thing, but we know it would be extremely difficult to rationalize.

SwunMurrieta
Nov 3rd, 2015, 12:31 PM
Hey I was right about the Leather Balm. Well I said leather cream but pretty close.

Nick Winn
Nov 3rd, 2015, 01:25 PM
Hey I was right about the Leather Balm. Well I said leather cream but pretty close.

Now that was a good guess!

DasBurninator
Nov 3rd, 2015, 01:25 PM
Gotta say I am a little disappointed that there were no new Detailer or Mirror Glaze line products this year. I keep holding out for Meguiar's to bring an iron dissolving wheel cleaner in gallons.

Nick Winn
Nov 3rd, 2015, 01:32 PM
Gotta say I am a little disappointed that there were no new Detailer or Mirror Glaze line products this year. I keep holding out for Meguiar's to bring an iron dissolving wheel cleaner in gallons.

Keep in mind new Mirror Glaze & Detailer products can be announced & released anytime throughout the year.

DasBurninator
Nov 3rd, 2015, 01:38 PM
Keep in mind new Mirror Glaze & Detailer products can be announced & released anytime throughout the year.

http://i.imgur.com/S6HAKVZ.gif

davey g-force
Nov 3rd, 2015, 02:04 PM

Is that a hint? :D

Eldorado2k
Nov 6th, 2015, 12:22 AM
@DasBurninator. Lmao:)

wifpd4
Nov 6th, 2015, 08:36 AM
Okay, I want to collect my winner's prize. Where is the high resolution, "de-blurred" picture of the first post in this thread ?? I've seen some other new products photos, but I must have overlooked the high res version of the photo from this thread. Thanks,

JG_Detailing
Nov 7th, 2015, 03:44 PM
Here you go!
http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t478/shinycarz/671664E0-D83F-4E22-905F-60D61371EA93_zpswscnzsvd.jpg (http://s1061.photobucket.com/user/shinycarz/media/671664E0-D83F-4E22-905F-60D61371EA93_zpswscnzsvd.jpg.html)

wifpd4
Nov 8th, 2015, 04:42 AM
Thanks JG,
I kinda got one correctly guessed. Can't wait to try the Mirror Bright line of products.