PDA

View Full Version : Proper pad use for G-100

Foxyone
Jun 20th, 2005, 06:36 AM
I am about to take the leap and purchase the G-100.
The WDAV99 kit has 2 polish and 1 finish pad.
Is this all I will need to apply and remove Deep Crystal Polish and NXT Wax? Or do you suggest additional pads?

Mike Phillips
Jun 20th, 2005, 06:42 AM
The G100 and the pad kit are you'll need to apply any products in our Consumer Line, as well as any products we recommend in our Professional Line. :xyxthumbs

soonercivic
Jun 20th, 2005, 06:42 AM
Its always good to have a few extra pads just in case something happens. If you have a lapse in memory and set it on the ground and get something on the pad, then you have to wash and let it dry before you use it again or you will just get **** on it. Also, they dont last forever. You should use one polishing pad for the DC#2 and then use the finishing pad for the NXT.

the other pc
Jun 20th, 2005, 07:02 AM
If you want to use bonnets for removing products (as I highly recommend) keep a clean, dry pad dedicated for bonnets.

(A W-7006 maroon cutting pad is a good choice because it's easy to keep track of, you shouldn't be tempted to use it for anything else and its stiffer foam works well for removal.)

PC.

soonercivic
Jun 20th, 2005, 07:59 AM
When you get the pads, use a sharpie to write what product you use them for on the back. This way you will never get them mixed up.

Lanevoboi757
Aug 4th, 2005, 05:46 PM
Say if I were to polish a whole car. Would one pad be good enough?

gb387
Aug 4th, 2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Lanevoboi757
Say if I were to polish a whole car. Would one pad be good enough?

One pad would be fine if you only use one product, say a wax...

If you use more than one product, say a cleaner and a polish and a wax then you will need a pad for each product you apply. :xyxthumbs

Mike Phillips
Aug 5th, 2005, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by gb387
One pad would be fine if you only use one product, say a wax...

If you use more than one product, say a cleaner and a polish and a wax then you will need a pad for each product you apply. :xyxthumbs

This is correct. Always dedicate a pad to a product. Don't use different products on one pad.