• Currently Active UsersCurrently Active Users

0 members and 210 guests

Most users ever online was 3,882, May 6th, 2016 at 05:36 PM.

• Recent Forum Posts

dbk

Re: Very Cool Project ALERT!

Hi guys - great pics. This isn't a detail question, but I have one of these cars and maintain the website many of the owners go to. I'm keeping track

dbk Jan 22nd, 2018, 01:45 PM Go to last post
    Vettefan

Re: NEW Product - Meguiar's D166 Ultra Polishing Wax

Using the DA Polisher on a car with good paint and light to moderate swirls, which would be the preferred foam pad/disc to use Red, Yellow or Black?

Vettefan Jan 22nd, 2018, 01:28 PM Go to last post
    Blueline

Re: Coin Wash

As few years ago I took my new, then black car to a new "touchless" wash and spent $15 (I think) on the works. The car looked fantastic, however

Blueline Jan 22nd, 2018, 03:02 AM Go to last post
    americanlt

The one I go to is $2.50 for 4 minutes. BUT, if you need extra and put in a quarter it only gives you like 30 seconds. lol

americanlt Jan 21st, 2018, 07:31 PM Go to last post
    Joe Dragon

Yeah once you feed it your four bucks the clock keeps ticking. I hate those kinds of car washes and never use them.

Joe Dragon Jan 21st, 2018, 07:19 PM Go to last post
    mis3

I would not go to hand wash at all. If not too cold, I would use touchless wash. I use points for the car washes and they are free.

mis3 Jan 21st, 2018, 05:43 PM Go to last post
    americanlt

Here in the inner city of Chicago we have limited washing options. At least $13+ for a hand wash and dry. So I'm forced to use the coin op.

americanlt Jan 21st, 2018, 04:59 PM Go to last post
    mis3

I did see the soap option in the dial. It says it’s Turtle Wax. If this is true, it is not as good as Meguiars but still not bad.

mis3 Jan 21st, 2018, 04:49 PM Go to last post
    americanlt

I wouldn't want to use my local coin op's soap. I think it is too abrasive.

americanlt Jan 21st, 2018, 12:26 PM Go to last post
    mis3

My car is a small coupe, maybe I can soap the car quickly in one minute.
    No choice but to waste some spray time.

mis3 Jan 21st, 2018, 11:56 AM Go to last post
    americanlt

Once in a great while I will bring 2 buckets with soap and a bucket of water. I skip the pre-washing and only use the water rinse. I get underneath as

americanlt Jan 21st, 2018, 11:22 AM Go to last post
    mis3

Why do I bring water from home? I am thinking to bring a bucket with GC Wash and it would take 3 seconds to fill the bucket with water.

mis3 Jan 21st, 2018, 10:09 AM Go to last post
    wifpd4

Use a bucket with a screw lid, bring water from home. Add your soap at car wash. I’ve done that in the winter (bring hot water).

wifpd4 Jan 20th, 2018, 05:39 PM Go to last post
    bowlerr

Re: Seminar Schedule - 2018 Barrett Jackson Scottsdale Collector Car Auction

Thank you Nick for the seminars and for taking the time to help me with my form and answering all my questions. It was great getting to meet all you guys.

bowlerr Jan 20th, 2018, 01:38 PM Go to last post
    Patman

Re: Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

Actually it isn't covered at all. I've never understood the need for a car cover personally, it's not as if a little bit of dust is going to harm anything

Patman Jan 20th, 2018, 04:42 AM Go to last post
  • Recent Activity

Nick Winn

NEW Product - Meguiar's D166 Ultra Polishing Wax

Thread Starter: Nick Winn

NEW Product - Meguiar's D166 Ultra Polishing Wax Meguiar's Ultra Polishing Wax is a revolutionary new all-in-one product that allows for considerable defect removal in a single step, while simultaneously leaving our most durable protection yet from a cleaner wax. Developed for...

Last Post By: Vettefan Jan 22nd, 2018, 01:28 PM Go to last post
    Nick Winn

Very Cool Project ALERT!

Thread Starter: Nick Winn

We have been working on a very special project the past couple days! We can't wait to show you more. Stay tuned!

Last Post By: dbk Jan 22nd, 2018, 01:45 PM Go to last post
    mis3

Coin Wash

Thread Starter: mis3

There is a new coin wash near my house. There are many selections in the dial like rinse, pre-soak, soak, soft rinse, de-iconized water, etc. It is $4 CAN for 4 minutes, then $1 per additional minute. It is close to my house so I can theoretically bring my own Gold Class wash and bucket. ...

Last Post By: Blueline Jan 22nd, 2018, 03:02 AM Go to last post
  • Forum Stats

Number of Members: 52,321
    Total Threads: 60,075
    Total Posts: 552,300
    Currently Online: 218

Newest Member: TLCynic240
  • Meguiar's Direct.com revamped & relaunched!

Our on-line brand store has been revamped & relaunched! Visit the new and improved site at www.meguiarsdirect.com for all your car care needs!

• New to MOL?

• Detailing Class Information

• Connect with us through....

Subscribe to me on YouTube      

• Meguiar's Direct