• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

orbital buffer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• orbital buffer

I got an orbital buffer or christmas. Anyone have any advice on the proper use. I hate to learn by "trial and error" on my car's finish. Is a buffer really easier than hand application? I'm 58 years old with arthritis in one hand. I can't do the job I used to do when I was in my 20's, 30's or even 40's. Do you use more wax with a buffer? Any help will be appreciated.

The orbital buffer is easy to use especially w/ arthritus in one hand. It uses less wax & applies it evenly if kept moving on the panel you're working on. You won't do any damage to the paint. Also if you get a microfiber bonnet you can buff the wax off when dry. The even thin coat application principle still applies with any buffer used just as it does if doing it by hand. Just take your time & you'll enjoy the results, though not like a dual action or rotary, it's still easier on your hand. Good luck & have fun.
    Death Before Dishonor

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');