• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slide Lock: when to remove wax from edges, crevices, emblems, trims, etc.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide Lock: when to remove wax from edges, crevices, emblems, trims, etc.?

Suppose I waxed, waited, and removed wax from paint surface with microfiber (or 100% cotton) towel.

Now, when shall I remove wax from edges, crevices,emblems, trims, etc. with Slide Lock? Right after towel wiping? Or after 2 hours, or 12 hours?

If I wait more, the wax on paint cures more. So I do not degrade protective wax coating on paint near edges, crevices, emblems, trims, etc.

However, if I wait more, wax becomes more difficult to remove from edges, crevices, emblems, trims, etc.

When I remove wax with Slide Lock, is it better to use some liquid (Quick Detailer, NXT Tech Protectant, etc.)?
    How many hours should I let the wax on paint cure before I use such liquid aid?

ps
    As a toy test, I applied NXT liquid wax on the crevices on the side cap of wax bottle. After 3 hours, the wax could be removed with Slide Lock without any liquid help. But this was done in my room. On cars sitting outside, the wax would have become harder in 3 hours due to wind.

ps
    Could anyone tell me the differences between Triple Duty Detail Brush and Slide Lock?

i find it easier to take a little more time making sure i wax up to trims and badges , but not on them

often theres trims, badges that come easily..i sometimes pop em off so i can wax under them and detail the trim

Comment

Wiping off the wax when its dry is definiely easier. I would wait an hour after waxing to brush off the dried wax. If it gets a little hard spray some Quik Detailer to soften it up. Try using the Triple Duty Detail brush instead. The short stiff bristles flick off the wax easier. The Slide Lock Detail brush is more for wiping off dust or dirt from a surface.
      Last edited by Jorge Sanchez; May 15, 2006, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');