• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Date stamping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date stamping?

One thing I hate about buying Meg's pro products from my local PBE is that some of the stuff has been there for ages. So with products currently in production, I don't want to get a bottle that's been on their shelf 3-4 years, and will only last on my shelf a couple more.

A date stamping on the bottle would really help me as an end-customer, though I suspect the vendor might not like it as it will make their stuff that languishes on the shelf even harder to move.
    1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
    2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
    1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

I know *exactly* what you mean. I was in my local PBE store yesterday and they had a bottle of #52???? I think it was called rubber treatment, or something along those lines. The label on that sucker had to have been circa 1970's.

I always go by the labels, or I just oreder it directly through Meguiars--seems to always be "fresh" that way.

I did pick up a 64oz container of #21 though, I *knew* that it is was new.

Comment

My supplier had a bottle that was so old that I sent it to a wax and polish musuem!! REALLY-NO JOKE!
      Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

This topic comes up from time to time, I can assure you, there are people that read this forum and take seriously the ideas and recommendations posted here.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

lol i am still buying the old DCs accept for DC2.. people that shop at canadian tire must only buy DC2 because DC1, DC3 is always in old bottle

also if you go to the right store you can find the ultra old spary bottle of QD in the clay kits

like the bottles used for DCs and A12 but with a sprayer on the top
          Patrick Yu
          2003 Honda Accord
          2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Originally posted by ebpcivicsi
            I know *exactly* what you mean. I was in my local PBE store yesterday and they had a bottle of #52???? I think it was called rubber treatment, or something along those lines. The label on that sucker had to have been circa 1970's.

I always go by the labels, or I just oreder it directly through Meguiars--seems to always be "fresh" that way.

I did pick up a 64oz container of #21 though, I *knew* that it is was new.

I too have seen some very old stuff on the shelf and not just Meguairs. Might help with new formulas as well, bottles may still be the same but new mix inside.
            Last edited by gb387; Mar 3, 2006, 03:30 PM.
            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Just a month or so ago, I read on the forum that M66 Quick Detailer is now a greenish color. Mine is still purple. Apparently, the formula change was made several years ago and my supplier has some old stock.

This same supplier has new pink foam cutting pads, backing plates without the centering button, and M01 so old that the bottles have collapsed in on themselves and the product is similar to cement. I returned and ordered a fresh bottle online.

They didn't have or even know about W8000 pads. The only one I've ever been able to buy from them was the W1000.

FILO inventory or something
              See the big picture, enjoy the details

Comment

I have also pased on some products because of this.

When the bottle next to it is quite a few shades lighter I grab the darker bottle!

Some of the labels are also completely different!

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');