• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ok, after first full detail i wasn't that satisfied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok, after first full detail i wasn't that satisfied

ok...the process and products i used didn't really satisfied me. my main goal was to remove all the bird, water etchings and all the spiderweb swirls, so a couple people mentioned about meguiars color x, which i bought. i also bought mothers seal and glaze phase 2. well...turn out color x didn't get rid of the bird and water etchings and swirls, so now i have to buy scratch x. this is my normal process:

- wash with meguiars gold car shampoo
    - dry using 100% cotton towels
    - meguiars color x
    - mothers sealant and glaze phase 2
    - final wax with meguiars gold liquid wax

since im gonna buy sratch x, where would that replace in my current process, im guessing it would replace color x. also, some people mentioned to me that using meguiars gold liquid wax is not neccessary when using mothers sealant and glaze...is that true? also at my local autozone, they have meguiars #7 and 27. which of these protects the best and makes the vechicle have a deep wet look, and lasts a while?

ColorX IS a wax (Last Step Product--LSP) with some cleaning ability and a polish. It's designed to be a one step product. You'll see far better results if you work it on the finish, not just wipe on/wipe off. Since it's a wax, it will last far longer than just a polish alone.

If ColorX didn't remove your paint defects, then ScratchX is a good product to try.

Do a search here on ScratchX. It's a great product if you work it well. It is NOT a wipe on/wipe off product either. Unfortunately, with your finish's defects, nothing will remedy them without some extra effort.

With your process, you're duplicating some of your efforts. ColorX and Gold Class are both waxes (LSPs) so those are generally the last product you'd use in a detailing session.

You mention using two different waxes.

The Mothers product has some cleaner in it. Using it after using a wax will remove the wax you applied on the step prior. Now you need to rewax/seal the surface. Their glaze/sealer is designed to get a finish in nice shape ready for a coat of pure wax/sealant (one without any cleaners in it).

After success with ScratchX, you could apply either the Gold Class or the ColorX to polish and seal your finish.

What I've typed is a few answers and comments related to your questions. This should start the discussion and get some other people to post. Depending on the specific condition of your finish, they may or may not remove everything.
    See the big picture, enjoy the details

Comment

Re: ok, after first full detail i wasn't that satisfied

Originally posted by maxima2k2
      also at my local autozone, they have meguiars #7 and 27. which of these protects the best and makes the vechicle have a deep wet look, and lasts a while?
      M07 is a pure polish; that is, it has no cleaning ability. It does, however, give very deep gloss on a properly cleaned surface. It does not last as an LSP; you'll need to coat it with a wax or sealant to keep the paint protected.

With 27, do you mean #26 High-Tech Yellow Wax? If so, this is a great LSP. It has no cleaning ability, so it won't remove M07 or another polish that you use. It has good durability and looks good on all color paints and clear coats.

Comment

Sorry to hear you didn't have the results you expected. Lets see if we can help you out. Pete mentioned ScratchX assuming you are applying all by hand sounds like it may be your best bet. Like Pete mentioned it will take some work.

Here is a post that may help you out: How To Remove Swirls By Hand
        Here is another for you: How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

thanks for your reply guys, it was really confusing at first, but now i think its understandable, so color x is a lsp only right? i guess i will be buying sratch x then. it was a waste of money then since i have 3 lsp (mothers sealant and glaze, mothers gold class wax and color x) i guess ill get M07 since its a pure polish. I guess this will be my new upcoming process if i do buy those 2 products...

- wash, meguiars gold glass shampoo
          - dry, 100% terry towels
          - pure polish, with M07
          - cleaner, scratch x
          - wax, 3 choices (mothers sealant and glaze, mothers gold glass wax or color x)

please someone tell me if this is correct...

also, does color x, mothers sealant and glaze bead or sheet water? and out of these 2 offer the best protection giving the car a deep wet look?

Comment

thanks for your reply guys, it was really confusing at first, but now i think its understandable, so color x is a lsp only right?
            It is an LSP, but it ALSO has cleaning and shining/polishing capabilities. It's truly a one-step for getting all 3 done.

Comment

- wash, meguiars gold glass shampoo
              - dry, 100% terry towels
              - pure polish, with M07
              - cleaner, scratch x
              - wax, 3 choices (mothers sealant and glaze, mothers gold glass wax or color x)

please someone tell me if this is correct...

Since M07 does no cleaning and only adds gloss to whatever surface, use it AFTER your ScratchX and before your LSP choice. In general, cleaners are going to remove polishes.

Also, reverse the order on the cleaner and polish such as:

---Wash
              ---Dry
              ---Cleaner (ScratchX)
              ---Polish/Glaze....M07 OR Mothers Sealant and Glaze
              ---LSP...Gold Class Wax

(I'm sticking with the products you've mentioned.) OR---->

To keep it simpler, at least to start...

Since you already have ColorX, I'd suggest just using the cleaning properties of ScratchX, then the lighter cleaning/polish/LSP(wax) effect of ColorX. Just use those two. See how you like the results.

---wash
              ---dry
              ---ScratchX
              ---ColorX

Comment

Originally posted by Pete-FWA

Since you already have ColorX, I'd suggest just using the cleaning properties of ScratchX, then the lighter cleaning/polish/LSP(wax) effect of ColorX. Just use those two. See how you like the results.

---wash
                ---dry
                ---ScratchX
                ---ColorX
                thanks, ill try that...

Comment

I dont know if you've heard of the 5 steps to detailing,

Wash
                  Evaluate
                  Clay
                  Polish
                  Wax

If you cars are not completely clean your polishes will not be as effective, you need to get all the contaminants out of the paint by claying, after claying you will have a smooth finish to work with and your efforts will show quicker if your doing it by hand.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');