• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Wax gives you the best Gloss and Reflection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which Wax gives you the best Gloss and Reflection?

Originally posted by RamAirV1 View Post
    I hope you didn't use a 1/3 of a bottle on a single vehicle. That would streak like crazy. Either that or you must live where there is zero humidity! The NXT Spray Booster Wax gives a great look, but if you apply too much it streaks really bad and this will happen in high humidity even if you apply a thin layer.

RamAirV1
    Normal humidity and no streaks although if you don't let it dry it's going to be harder to take off.

I've also used that much in a heated hand wash indoor garage with super high humidity and while it did require a bit more rubbing as I didn't want to spend a bunch more money on the extra time it would take to dry the finish was absolutely gorgeous it was all buffed off.

Having said all that I don't think you'd want to try that on a car which wassn't extremely well waxed as your paint may grab the stuff more. I've never had a problem with streaks though with Maguires products.

Comment

i have polish
      do not the nummber nxt wax
      Deep Crystal carnauba wax
      liquid Gold Class

i ever tryed tutelwax.was one extreme wax in past form.man you sweat
      as hell to polish it.
      alberto gorin
      known as gorin002

Comment

Well I am happy with Gold Class and Nxt Liquid, I did GC topped with NXT. Next time it was suggested I do it the other way round, So I will see how it turns out.

Comment

one smal note
          we do not have colorX
          alberto gorin
          known as gorin002

Comment

when i first started out detailing my vehicles it was the DC#3 .Now that i picked up a bottle of Gold Class this X-mas ,WOW..........So i have to go with the Meguiars Gold Class.............

Comment

i like #21, "the purple stuff"!

Comment

I'd have to say #26 seems to give the deepest shine (as in it deposits the thickest layer on, probably because it's a pure wax and has to polish and cleaners in it)

If you don't do a pre polish step, then gold class gives the best shine, even better then NXT cuz GC has polish in it. If you do a pre polish step before NXT, then NXT has a better shine then GC

Comment

I have to go with the purple stuff #21. I started out with Gold Class then went to #21 and been a fan since.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

dumb, newbie Q: is the "NXT Liquid" in the poll the "NXT Tech Wax"?

Comment

sure is..
                      "that car is dirty"

Comment

For anyone interested you can get a comparision study we had done of 25 paint sealants and waxes used by detailers all over the USA and Canada, "Comparative Study of Automotive Paint Sealants and Waxes."

The study tested the products for three things:

1. Before and After application to measure reflective shine increase using a Glossometer.

2. Percentage of reflective gloss loss after 12 washings using a Glossometer

3. Corrosion resistence - the test model was salt water which is one of the worst elements to destroy wax/sealant protection.

Contact Sharie to request your copy: [Commercial links or emails are not allowed on MOL. Please refer to the Forum Rules; Thanks, 2hotford]

Regards
                        Bud Abraham

Comment

Thanks Bud! I just emailed Sharie.
                          Scott

Comment

I usually use NXT Paste Wax. But sometimes I'll use Gold Class liquid wax.

Comment

Originally posted by buda View Post
                              For anyone interested you can get a comparision study we had done of 25 paint sealants and waxes used by detailers all over the USA and Canada, "Comparative Study of Automotive Paint Sealants and Waxes."

The study tested the products for three things:

1. Before and After application to measure reflective shine increase using a Glossometer.

2. Percentage of reflective gloss loss after 12 washings using a Glossometer

3. Corrosion resistence - the test model was salt water which is one of the worst elements to destroy wax/sealant protection.

Contact Sharie to request your copy:

Regards
                              Bud Abraham
                              Bud:
                              am I reading that report correctly? This study was done in 1990 - which is several generations ago as far as product lines available today...

Comment

No, you are not reading it correctly. A similiar test was done in 1990, but the lab had used a number of "off-the-shelf" retail products.

We had the lab do another test and we obtained samples of products from detailers all over the USA and Canada, including our DIAMOND PLUS.

This test was done about 3 years ago.

Bud Abraham

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');