One Step Compound VS. Heavy Duty Oxidation Remover

Thread: One Step Compound VS. Heavy Duty Oxidation Remover

One Step Compound VS. Heavy Duty Oxidation Remover

Having only really used Heavy Duty Oxidation Remover in the marine line.... can someone compare One-Step Compound to Heavy Duty Oxidation Remover? Is one more aggressive than the other, is the 'one-step' title mean there is wax in the product? Any help would be great!
    Brandon
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Yes, it is supose to be more aggressive then Heavy Duty Oxidation Remover. I used it on the top of open bow on my boat where the sun really beats on it in the summer and it pulled the oxidation right off. I used #49 on that area 3 times, then stepped it up to #67 and did a excellent job after 2 passes.

Funny thing is with the product (just tried this, because I meant to do it when I was using it and forgot) but I put some #49 and #67 on a finger in each hand and rubbed them together. #49 seemed more abrasive then #67, but #67 was a thicker product. I followed with the Flagship premium wax and I prefer the over the #56.

Front of the #67 bottle...

-Aggressive Compound Cleaner Plus Polish

-Effectively removes severe surface degradation and restores shine and luster to all gel coat and fiberglass surfaces

- Excellent results by hand of machine... That is no lie!!!

Back of the #67 bottle.....

"Meguiars now introduces a more aggressive, cutting compound to remove heavy oxidation from high solid gel coats!! This one-step compound is specially designed to both clean the gel coat surface and leave behind a high gloss finish. It will remove moderate to heavy oxidation, tough hard water spots, stains, and light to medium scratches. Thus restoring the color and leaving a rich gloss on the treated surface. Excellent results by hand or machine. Aggressive, yet safe, Meguiars new compound reduces the steps to treating neglected surfaces, by creating a compound and polish in one."

At the bottom of the lable..

Tips: Meguiars No. 67 One-Step Compound will feed the gel coat with valuable oils and will generate a rich gloss. For Long lasting protection, follow with Meguiars No. 56 Boat/RV Pure Wax.

Nick

Has anyone used 44? What is it like? I'M fixing to do a buddy's boat thats in good cond. Was thinking of 44 and then 63. I want
    to sell him on MEGUIAR'S, HE has been a brand X guy. I think there prod. are hard to use and with poor results.
    THANKS

See this thread... Oxidation Removal I have never used it, but if the boat is in good condition give it a try.. If you need a little more bite jump up to #49. I like to apply a pure polish before my LSP and my choice on that is M03 then I will use #63 which is the way to go!! I have NEVER seen a wax come off so easy. Great protection aswell.

Nick

Originally posted by SD DIESEL
    Has anyone used 44? What is it like? I'M fixing to do a buddy's boat thats in good cond. Was thinking of 44 and then 63. I want
    to sell him on MEGUIAR'S, HE has been a brand X guy. I think there prod. are hard to use and with poor results.
    THANKS

Thread Information