• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1933 Plymouth Pickup truck?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1933 Plymouth Pickup truck?????

Hi, I'm from the UK, on searching for information on early Plymouth Pick-ups I came across this thread. I think I have recently purchased the truck that PC Plymouth refers to in the Allpar article by Jim B of the Plymouth Owners Club, being a member of the club I contacted Jim when the truck came up for sale. It had been owned for 28 yrs by it's previous owner who sadly passed last fall, the title states 1934 Ply PU but the serial No. is incorrect as it looks like an engine No. with 34 tacked on the end.
    Once I have it home my intentions are to check the frame for the serial No. although on my PD the frame stamping is incomplete so we will see what we see, I don't think Chrysler Historical can supply a build card from an engine No. Look forward to replies although this thread has been dormant for almost 4 yrs.

Follow the Dream
    1995 TVR Chimaera 4.0
    1933 Plymouth PD R/S Coupe RHD
    1934 Plymouth PE/PU LHD Arriving 12/08/14

Comment

Let's try and add a couple of photos, the first is when leaving the sellers property bound for the dock. The second is of great interest to me because it's not a known dash to me or of what I have seen on other Chrysler products, there was a dash of this style used on a 34/34 Buick but without my imagination running away with me they look the same gauges as the 34 Dodge PU but swapped top for bottom, can't wait to get it back to my shop and start investigating.
      By the way the cross beam which supports the tranny is out I wonder if somebody had thoughts about a bigger engine unit ?? I am lucky to have the PD to compare what things should look like although the were differences between the 2 years and I have not been able to find out what the wheel base is, 112" on the PD, 114" on the standard PE, time will tell. I have started an album should you be interested.

Thanks for looking. Tom
      Follow the Dream
      1995 TVR Chimaera 4.0

Comment

I have been looking for information online for my father, because he is currently restoring what he believes to be a 1933 Plymouth truck. Hopefully I can get some pics of it up here sometime, but I don't have access right now. I did run across some interesting pictures on Flickr of another supposed 33: http://www.flickr.com/photos/carphot...n/photostream/

Comment

Thanks for the link, looks like a PC. Look forward to seeing what your dad's working on, mines still stuck in Houston waiting for a ship.
          Follow the Dream
          1995 TVR Chimaera 4.0

Comment

Congratulations on the very rare Plymouth truck...

It's intersting how a thread this old just keeps coming back. I'm subscribed so each time someone posts to it I get an e-mail notification.

Hope you're able to get that truck back on the road some day....

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Really looking forward to getting in my workshop and investigating what it actually is, 1st thing after taking photos will be to take the cab off checking if there is a serial No. anywhere, I know where it should be but for some reason they get removed. Chrysler Historical have advised me that I should find a 7 digit No. starting with an 8, that would identify it as a truck, also I have got to get my head under the dash to find if that unusual dash panel is correct, once the cab has been checked out it will go up on my mezzanine for storage with all the other tinwork.
              Stripping of the frame will come next, an engine No. and serial No. should be stamped onto the frame side rails, think I'm right in saying that it's always the L/H rail the No. were put on, the engine No. just behind the front wheel but the serial is in a random position. Can't believe I first contacted the seller 31/05/14.
              Follow the Dream
              1995 TVR Chimaera 4.0

Comment

Arrived safe and sound apart from the history file which got sent to Germany by mistake but I am assured it will turn up, information in that file which goes back pre 1980, in the days of letter writing, celluloid film and magazine articles.

Follow the Dream
                1995 TVR Chimaera 4.0

Comment

Comment

Long time since I've posted anything here, not sure if I had advised you the this truck is in fact a 1934 PE, has independent front suspension and sits on 114 " wheelbase. Presently it is a stalled project, the frame has been completely strip, shotblasted followed holding primer and 2 coats of chassis enamel. Lots of welding has been carried out on the cab with new panels being added where required. This first stage of the restoration was documented and published in the Plymouth Bulletin possibly October 2018.

Thanks for your interest. Tom
                    Last edited by Z5Roadster; May 29, 2020, 03:01 PM.
                    Follow the Dream
                    1995 TVR Chimaera 4.0

Comment

Originally posted by PC Plymouth View Post
                      There is no such thing as a 1933 plymouth pickup or truck of any kind. Plymouth did not start making pickups until model year 1937 with the 1/2 ton Model PT-50. The reason I say 'model year' is because they were released for sale in November 1936 but are considered 1937s. I have seen several 1933 Plymouth pickups over the years but they are all, of course, made out of sedans. The center of the car cut out and the 'tub' moved forward and welded on at the front seat. Because the car is 'square' ,the fit is exact. I think that's why so many have be made up. The boxes I've been told are usually Chevs.
                      ​Do you not think there might be pre-production concept vehicles back in the day.
                      Last edited by Z5Roadster; May 29, 2020, 03:02 PM.
                      Follow the Dream
                      1995 TVR Chimaera 4.0

Comment

Just a couple of photos while it stood in Houston waiting for the large crate (on the transporter) to come down from Nashville full of parts for this build and my PD Rumble seat Coupe. That didn't work, used to use photobucket?

Follow the Dream
                        1995 TVR Chimaera 4.0

Comment

This article by RoushStage2 will help you upload images from your PC to your Gallery on the Meguiars Online Forums servers.
                          It also will show you how to add images to your posts.
                          https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sh...ghlight=images

Comment

Originally posted by Z5Roadster View Post
                            Just a couple of photos while it stood in Houston waiting for the large crate (on the transporter) to come down from Nashville full of parts for this build and my PD Rumble seat Coupe. That didn't work, used to use photobucket?
                            Follow the Dream
                            1995 TVR Chimaera 4.0

Comment

Just a few photos to let you know this truck is still going forward.
                              Follow the Dream
                              1995 TVR Chimaera 4.0

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');