• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why i hate car dealers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why i hate car dealers.

So today i took my audi a4 into my dealer(which shall remain nameless for their sake) for new front rotors and brake pads. When i get my car back, i notice the ride is awful compared to what it used to be. So i go back to the dealer, and they tell me that the rear struts have seized up. Now, why didnt he tell me this when i first picked up my car? Why didnt he mention this to me when he called me about my car being ready? And this is far from the first problem i have had with this dealership. It seems like i would take my car into the dealer for an oil change and my brake lights would magically be out. To make this worse, they have flags hanging all over the place saying how they have the gold award for service excellence. I know i should change dealers, and i will, but for now i am stuck with this lousy dealer. It should not be such that i take it in with one problem and then come out with another, more expensive problem. Im not saying they do it on purpose, i actually highly doubt it, but the thought has crossed my mind. And finally, they always wash my car when i ask them not to and put in new swirl marks and put some dressing on my tires that flings all over the place and is sticky. Is it so hard to just fix the problem i want fixed and leave it at that. This is the reason i hate car dealers.
    '00 Audi A4 1.8 T
    '09 Audi A4 2.0 T Quattro
    Attention to detail is the key to success
    Steve

Re: Why i hate car dealers.

Sounds like a shady stealership. I obviously don't have a clue as to the dealership you are talking about, but given the mysterious problems you have when you leave, I wouldn't put it past them to be the reason for the problems. I would definitely be changing dealerships as soon as you are able to. Good luck.
    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Wow. Sorry to hear about your problems. I'd say you need to find a new stealership... opps, I mean dealership. Hope it works out better for you.
      Scott

Comment

I am lucky, the dealer I have is excellent. But if I were you I wouldn't take their word for anything. I would take it to another mechanic and have him take a look.

Graeme

Comment

I would change dealership's to. You can take your Audi to any Audi dealership to get it worked on. It doesn't have to be the one you bought the car from.

Comment

It's stories like this that are exactly why I do as much as I possibly can on the car myself. I've had the same type of problems before too. I finally said "no more new cars", at the rate they depreciate and the crappy dealer service it just isn't worth it. The new car feeling is great but you're $$$ ahead to get a car that's a couple years old in excellent condition for a good deal and do your own maintenance, or have some board members hook you up with a trusted mechanic.

Comment

Too bad we can't get the owners of car dealerships to read the forum, painters and detailers for that matter too...
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I take my Subaru to Glanzmann I take my Infiniti to willow grove Infiniti dealer I take my Ford to magarity and I take my Nissan to sloane. If your in Philadelphia take your subaru, infiniti, ford, or nissan to those dealers because they have EXCELLENT SERVICE. By the way my dad has the ford and nissan and my mom has the subaru and infiniti and thay are garage kept.
                Don't forget to rev em high 2005 infiniti fx45, 2005 subaru outback sport se
                2000 ford ranger xlt, 2006 nissan maxima se

Comment

I have never heard of shock absorbers or struts "seizing". They wear out, not seize. Years ago, I purchased a Sachs strut for my VW and didn't realize it was a returned item. The first buyer managed to bend the shaft while trying to install it. When I put it on my car, it blew out. The bent shaft wore out the seals inside the strut within 25 miles and the strut had zero dampning. It didn't seize.

You need to call Audi of America and tell them about your "seized" struts.

Comment

It could be the shocks. I dont remeber if it was shocks or struts.
                    '00 Audi A4 1.8 T
                    '09 Audi A4 2.0 T Quattro
                    Attention to detail is the key to success
                    Steve

Comment

well around here from where Im from the dealers ask u if u want to see ur car being worked on to make sure the guy is working only in one place.... like hes changing the oil not the "wiper fluid". My Ford Dealer is awesome they dont detail there own cars instead they bring in a professional that has a lot of skill. I always trust my dealer even when Ive watched them do their work.

Comment

Originally posted by onnfire View Post
                        It could be the shocks. I dont remeber if it was shocks or struts.
                        It doesn't matter which. Struts have built-in shocks. Mether shocks or struts seize. They wear out.

Comment

I think that every dealership that I have ever been to has a bunch of awards up on the walls. They are meaningless.

Comment

Originally posted by xebola View Post
                            I think that every dealership that I have ever been to has a bunch of awards up on the walls. They are meaningless.
                            Photocopier!

Change dealerships bro. If you paying for the service, you shouldn't be committed to one dealership. I would tell them to bite me and go to another dealer.
                            2016 Focus ST

Comment

anny one read this would be tell dad hes insane
                              cars dad had idf land rover range rover
                              from 1965 til 1973 a volkswagen beetle 1200 1982 a volksagen
                              polo never had anny problems.than and than

volvo 340 1.4 winner automatic color white
                              http://images.google.com/images?svnu...r=&q=volvo+340+
                              was a real volvo was volvo took over and became smallest volvo
                              was in 1988.
                              engine start to vibrate back to the dealer who repair it
                              price was back than in oure own curency no euro yet
                              but engine vibrate evry month evry month went to the dealer came out
                              ren smooth and evry month same problem
                              so in the 10 years of go again to the dealer and see repair bills
                              mom said we could buy second hands car

now we have a opel corsa cdx 1.4 from 1998
                              shes 8 years old.i stil do not want to chnage even if i win jack pot
                              years ago central door lock system got stuck.all door got closed
                              only one at driver side
                              i was working at computer repair shop was a opel dealer close by close to
                              where i work.^-^ now you gonna laugh
                              where clips smal clips need to replace wich was lets 20 or 15 dollar cent
                              labor cost was 150 dollars
                              also see the bills.like part is cost tax than all goes up to huge bill
                              i am absolute non tecnical.i am depend on a dealer
                              with dealer you have garuntee are also maby smal car mechanics do good job
                              alberto gorin
                              known as gorin002

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');