• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After testing a section of the car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After testing a section of the car...

If I've taped-off a section to test my process/product selection (clean/polish/wax), & I've decided to move forward can I just do the whole car, test spot & all, or should I retape the test spot so I don't do it again?
    I want to make sure the car looks uniform. I don't want that test spot to look any different from the rest of the car.

Also, would I do anything different if I did 2 test spots, testing 2 diff. products?
    "All the sweetest winds they blow across the South." - Ryan Adams

Re: After testing a section of the car...

Just remove the tape and do the entire car, if you can remember where the test spot is approximately, then you can put more focus on the neighboring areas and less on the exact area of test spot and you should have uniform results.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

If you did 2 spots with different combos, then you would probably want to pick your favorite, and be sure to do the other area with that combo.... Though just how different it would look is hard to say, as long as the defects, etc were removed.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I figured it'd be ok to just go over the whole car again, I just haven't done this before.
        I wasn't sure if I did the whole process again over that test area, that it would look different (cleaner, shinier, etc.) than the rest of the car...which would just be weird.
        "All the sweetest winds they blow across the South." - Ryan Adams

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');