• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what to use on a vinyl top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to use on a vinyl top

I have a 67 firebird and was wondering what to use to protect and deepen the color of the black vinyl top.

Re: what to use on a vinyl top

mdkrusemark, the #40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner would be a great choice. It will gently (and lightly) clean the surface while putting down a durable protection on that surface that has UVA and UVB inhibitors in it as well. Also, it will leave that vinyl surface looking rich and natural, not greasy. Do you have any pictures of the Firebird? Would love to see some if you did...
    Rick McDonough
    Customer Engagement - Digital Content Editor
    Meguiar's Inc.
    1.800.854.8073 * 3853
    rmcdonough@meguiars.com

Comment

this safe on Bikini Tops on a Jeep as well. i'm assuming so since its a vinyl cover.

are there any other products you'd recommend for this.

i know M40 and M39. but what if you want that deep rich shine? two coats of natural shine on top of m40?

Comment

Natural Shine leaves a nice black shine on exterior materials. However, if you let water hit the Natural Shine soon after an application, it will streak badly.

Although I have never used it, others might suggest Hyper Dressing.
        Chris
        Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

yes. i never even thought of HD. stupid me. thanks for making me think about that.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');