• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In praise of... CLEANER WAX!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving. I work part time at an auto parts store. 3-4 days a week. We have 3 delivery vehicles. Chevy Colorado, Nissan kicks, and my ride a dodge little van. They get zero love in the cleaning/detailing department. Plus they are white. I convinced my boss to let me take them home on my days off to detail them. Besides the usual interior work, all I do is wash them with gold class and wax them with cleaner wax A12. Awesome. It makes the white paint “pop”. They’ll get waxed at least 6 times a year. Too many times per year?

Comment

Unless you are in super aggressive environment, I wouldnt see much need for that. Maybe 2 -3 waxes, and 2 -3 spray wax touch ups after...
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Dedication and pride right there. And if doing it is more hobby/fun, it isn't work, but what you enjoy doing. The company will never see their vehicles look this good while your taking care of them.

Comment

Thanks guys. I think my post is now moot. The university I retired from reached out and offered me a part time position. Kinda like going home. Murr , I think you’re right about 2-3 times a year. I was just curious about cleaner wax’s abrasive properties. Buddy my friend, it’s always good to hear from you!! Hope you’re doing well.

Comment

Oh, the A12 is mild enough to use every week... but really wasting time at that point....
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks Murr. I’ve decided to stay at the auto parts shop. I’ll keep on taking care of the delivery vehicles. I’ll be using A12 four times a year on them. Any recommendations for a spray wax ? The store is supplying the products. Meguiars of course.

Comment

Megs Ultimate spray wax. So easy to use, nice results, and your store is supplying, so free. Thats a win.

Comment

Hey Buddy! Ultimate spray wax it is.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');