• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water Magnet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Magnet

Can anyone help? I have been using my water magnet now for some months and it worked excellent. However it has now stopped removing water effectivly from the car. I have tried washing it with wash powder only at 30, 40 and 90 deg but it still does not work any different. What am I missing?

Re: Water Magnet

In the rinse cycle of the wash, add some vineger. Seems to rejuvenate the cloth. A friendly reminder no fabric softener or sheets at anytime. Hope this helps.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

I find that the liquid version of the detergents seem to work better than the powdered and agree with 23jam on the rinse. My machine has a setting that allows for a rinse and spin cycle only. After the regular wash and rinse, if I run MF towels and the like through another rinse (with vinegar) they come out extra nice. Into the dryer on extra low with a couple of dryer balls (as seen on TV) and they're super soft and work like new.

Mort

Comment

About how much vinegar do you guys use?

Comment

Originally posted by Andysgo View Post
          About how much vinegar do you guys use?
          I'm wondering the same. I've noticed the same problem you're having. I've been wondering what to do.
          A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Has your car been waxed recently? Maybe it's not the water magnet but the paint.
            1988 Toyota Tercel 1.5l I4 - AKA the BEAST
            1994 BMW 325CI
            2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L
            SR Detailing

Comment

With our front loading washer I dont use more than a 1/4 cup on vinegar.
              Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
              Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

I have the same problems. I spray both sides with some QD before starting and it makes it pick the water up. I have washed it many ways, and none have worked yet.

Comment

I use the Absorber, and it performs nonstop.

Comment

Liquid Detergent and I fill up the little cup on the bigger cup for the detergent with vinegar and do a second rinse. I wash on hot water and for the 15 minute on regular. The vinegar seemed to rejuvenate the towels.

Aaron
                    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Originally posted by 94BMW325CIS View Post
                      Has your car been waxed recently? Maybe it's not the water magnet but the paint.

Hi the car has not been waxed for about 6 - 8 weeks. Does the water magnet not work then if the wax content is low??

Comment

The water magnet will still work, but any drying method will be less effective as the wax wears off.
                        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I am having the same problem. I have been using them for close to one year and have been very happy with them, until recently. The last time I used them, the car had 2 weeks old wax on it. I have tried the vinegar method but that did not help.
                          It seems like they run their life cycle and need to be replaced.

Comment

Hmm... mine are older than that, though I do have a bunch, never know which I'm grabbing. It would seem odd for the fibers in a towel to just give out...
                            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Ive noticed the same thing. I suppose the fibers in the towels just wear out over time.

I suggest trying some other drying towels. Try some different ones and see if they do better/last any longer.
                              Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                              Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');