• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Older Meguiar's Products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Older Meguiar's Products

I know these aren't really that old, but can anyone give me some insight to when these products were made?

First I have a bottle of #36. I found this in some back stock from a paint and body store.

Next I have a wash and wax kit that I don't remember buying, but I found in my basement.

I figured if anybody knew about these, this would be the place!

Thanks!

Re: Older Meguiar's Products

I seen about a dozen of those Meguiar's Wash & Wax kit's in the bucket at a store a few weeks ago. The store also had a bunch of Meguiar's discontinued brushes as well. I had never seen the Wash & Wax Kit's before then. I am also curious when those were made?
    Brian

Comment

The M36 Wheel Cleaner was discontinued in the last year, it's another great wheel cleaner but it's sales numbers didn't meet the threshold necessary to rationalize continued production. It was in the Professional Line when I first started working for Meguiar's in 1988 and probably been in the line years before. It's a non-acid wash which makes it completely safe on any wheel.

Don't know anything about the car wash bucket kit except that we usually put together a number of kits for holidays and for spring time as the car washing and waxing starts, it was probably a kit promotion for either the holidays, the season change or a specific request from a store/distributor.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
        The M36 Wheel Cleaner was discontinued in the last year, it's another great wheel cleaner but it's sales numbers didn't meet the threshold necessary to rationalize continued production. It was in the Professional Line when I first started working for Meguiar's in 1988 and probably been in the line years before. It's a non-acid wash which makes it completely safe on any wheel.

Don't know anything about the car wash bucket kit except that we usually put together a number of kits for holidays and for spring time as the car washing and waxing starts, it was probably a kit promotion for either the holidays, the season change or a specific request from a store/distributor.

Which wheel cleaner took its place?

Comment

Originally posted by DanielAcosta View Post
          Which wheel cleaner took its place?
          In the Professional Line nothing, it was just discontinued.

There's a similar product in the Consumer Line,

Hot Rims® Aluminum Wheel Cleaner
          Hot Rims Aluminum Wheel Cleaner is the ultra-safe solution for cleaning uncoated aluminum. The specially designed formula is guaranteed safe for uncoated and polished aluminum wheels as well as anodized and powder-coated wheel surfaces – it’s even safe on all brake components. Our unique formula features Xtreme Cling™ foam technology that grabs vertical surfaces to deliver effective cleaning and gently remove brake dust and grime.

G14324 ..........24 oz. $5.99

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');