• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mobile Detailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Detailing

Ok, this is for you all that have vans and trailers. I know you carry like a 250 gallon water tank, but how do you get the water from the tank through the hose? I'm guessing a pump of some sort, but what kind of pump? Thanks in Advance.

Re: Mobile Detailing

I only carry a 90 gallon tank. I have no need for 250 gallons of water

As far as getting the water out....
    My tank has 2 outputs at the bottom. 1st one I just hook a small 6ft section of regular garden hose up to, with a valve on the end of it. I use this side to fill my buckets, wash my hands, drain the tank, etc...
    2nd output is routed to a small 12v water pump. I bought mine from Camping World. This would be the same type water pump that is found in RV's.

Water tank.....to the water pump......out of the water pump.....and into the pressure washer.

You will need some type of toggle switch to activate the pump. And always remember to turn it on before you start the pressure washer

Also, remember that your pressure washer most likely has a minimum "gallons per minute" rating. Make sure the pump that you buy matches or exceedes that #.

Hope this helps,
    Nick
    2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
    2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

I use an old 55-Gallon drum, and gravity
      AeroCleanse, LLC
      Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
      www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Nick, does that pump you use have enough power to just supply a garden hose? The 90 gallon was what i was looking at cause it would fit in the bed of my truck all nice. I'm just looking for a very "value" friendly way to be completely mobile. Right now, I have to require a water and electric hookup on-site. But a 90 gallon tank, plus a small generator I think would do what i need it to do.

Comment

The pumps are available in many flow and pressure ratings, pick the one that best suits the needs of your pressure washer. Any RV, Boat or camping supply should carry them. If you get a 'demand' pump, it will have an internal switch that turns it on and off. If water can flow (open hose, sprayer activated, faucet open) it will kick on, when flow stops, it shuts itself off.

HTH,
          Life isn't about 'weathering the storm', it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');