• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Van Detailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van Detailing

guys can you suggest a systematic way of detailing a van? will i start with the roof first? please advise

Re: Van Detailing

for exterior, i always start at the top and go down so i'm not rinsing dirty water onto clean panels. if you're doing the engine too i would start there.

Comment

I will usually wash the wheels and tires (and wheel well) first then the roof followed by the rest of the body.

As far as applying polish/wax, I will do the roof first then the rest of the body.

Comment

Originally posted by gasti_ako View Post
        guys can you suggest a systematic way of detailing a van? will i start with the roof first? please advise
        I would start at the top work my way down, do the wheels last (personal preference).
        AeroCleanse, LLC
        Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
        www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

I would also start at the top and work my way down. Then I would do the wheels.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Like everyone else said, when it comes to detailing the paint itself you always start with a thorough RINSE top to bottom. Try and think of the most efficient way to use the water to push whatever is on the paint (the inty particles etc) DOWN and off of the vehicle.

That is why you want to go from the top to the bottom. The same goes for your actual washing- do it in small sections starting at the top, and rinse as you go down. Put the same effort into making sure you actually push the soap and debris downward as you go.

Aside from that, nothing special about a van other than working in small sections to avoid spotting.

Comment

Top down. Do wheels and engine first.

Comment

Wheels and wheel well first.
                then start from top and work down.
                I would then touch up the wheels again and call it a day. (It is a weird method)

Best of luck, and keep us updated

-Nick
                Luck is probability taken personally!

Comment

thanks for your suggestions =)

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');