• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1998 Chrysler LHS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 Chrysler LHS

Hey there,

so here is a 1998 Chrysler LHS I did. my first Full Detail. I did it because they are selling the car, it's my Father in law's and they decided to give me a % of the sale. i was going to do it only for covering costs of material... so bonus for me.

Here is the general process ( details omitted for memory reasons )

- Wash with NXT and dry
    - Tires/wells - cleaned with pow-r-clean 2:1
    - Clay - get rid of all the TAR.... i needed to replace the clay bar anyways.

Interior
    - Vacuum
    - cleaned carpets with Pow-r-clean 20:1 ( local product , all in 1 cleaner)
    - seats - woolite 5:1, then megs leather cleaner/conditioner ( there was gum stuck on the back seat for over a year , i got it off )
    - dash and plastics - dyna-clean ( another all in 1 local product )
    - detailed with #40 and buffed down a bit for less shine.
    - left seats with just the conditioner - for a more mated look.
    - cleaned windows

Exterior
    - fill larger paint chips on hood, doors, etc. there were lots, so i only did the noticeable ones.
    - wet sanded filled areas
    - #83 to remove wet sanding marks and 90% of the scratches and swirls.
    - D151 to finish off and bring out the color of the paint.
    ( no wax... had no time and it was not for long term anyways )
    - headlights were sanded, sanded, polished and then re-polished. you will see why below.

Engine
    - cleaned and degreased with pow-r-clean 2:1 ( great stuff BTW )
    - detailed with Revitalize ( another local product 1:1 )

Here are the shots

Here is my helper:

Here are some befores:

Back seat - see the gum on the seat. all the white stuff.

THIS IS THE HEADLIGHT - the other side was bad, but this was the worst one.

Here is some during shots.

some wet sanding.

a 50/50 shot of the front, one light done, one not...

Some work on the "Bad" light

Here is a before shot of the roof.

Here is a shot of that same spot after i ran it over with the 83 ( d151 was still to follow up )

Now, here are some after shots.

One of the tires

Roof reflection

The back seat ( look , no gum )

Front

Head light... you can actually see light at night now.

a Trunk reflection shot.

Engine

All done

So, there it is.

As this was my first full detail, i learned a few things to go a little faster next time, as well as what works and what does not.

I think for future cars that are keepers i will add a speed glaze step, and either a wax or sealant depending on the car.

thanks for checking it out

Ryan
    Last edited by Override; Oct 24, 2008, 12:06 PM.

Re: 1998 Chrysler LHS

Now that's an incredible makeover that will for sure not only help to sell the car faster but also help to command a premium price...

Nice work on the car and great write-up!

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

that looks incredible, especially for your first full detail! how long did it take you?

Comment

Wow, nice job, that looks like it was a lot of work! You might want to try some cleaning and dressing like you did on the engine, in the wheel wells and grille, to finish it off.

Comment

Awesome transformation. I'm sure they'll have no problem selling it quick & like Mike said at a premium price. Nice write up as well.
          Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
          www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
          Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Good write up and great work.
            Rob A.
            '09 Kia Optima (Bronze Metallic)
            '07 Kia Optima (Gold)

Comment

That is one great result. I bet they will get double the price when selling the car.

Comment

AWESOME!
                The only reason some people get lost in thought... is because it is unfamiliar territory for them.
                --VoicesInMyHead--
                0101011101100101001000000100000101110010011001010010000001000111011001010110010101101011

Comment

Congrats on your first full detail. That is a incredible transformation. The car looks great. Should sell for top price. Great job.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

That's great work! I really enjoyed the write-up and enjoyed seeing a new car that I quite like the look of. I'm British and we don't see many US cars over here - Chrysler is one brand which has taken off with the PT Cruiser first and the 300C being popular models. The Neon, too, thinking about it. I like the curviness of this car and the front end half reminds me of something I can't quite put my finger on.

Again ... much enjoyed. Thanks ... now off to google to find out more about this model ...

Comment

Looks awesome. The only problem I can see is that it's in better than new condition, they won't want to sell it, and you're out the 10%.

Comment

Well, to add more info.

the time it took me was 2 weeks. mostly because i only did a bit here and there in between baby diaper duty and other stuff. if i added up the hours, probably close to 20. but i never really tracked it properly... some was 6 hours at a time, other times it was 20 minutes

If i could have spent another 3 hours on it, the wheel wells , trim and other niglies would have been done , but on that last day I had to rush to clean it up before we went over for dinner to drop it off.

Also, this car has over 210,000 miles on it... and the interior almost looks new, as well as the engine and the paint is super clear and smooth. It's not perfect, but it is a hell of a lot better then it was.

Should definitely be an easy sell for them.

My next write will hopefully on my own truck... which i have been trying to book time with the wife to actually do it for the last 4 months. it's new, so it does not need much, but i am going to go have some fun with it and also try out my klasse sealant on it too.

Comment

Great work, I have a 1995 LHS scheduled in a month or so.
                          Navy Blue Metallic Pearl 2002 Camaro Z28: Build in progress. (416" LS3/9" Rear End/TH400/200 Shot)
                          Superior Blue Metallic 2005 Trailblazer LS: !Badges/!Molding/20% Tint/Stealth Audio in Progress

Comment

Wow, amazing transformation. I especially love the before/after of the engine....excellent work.

Comment

wow looks like a different car!
                              I believe D151 contains wax since it is a cleaner wax kind of thing like color X except lot more aggressive so the car is protected.

It would be good to remove the sticker on the trunk lid.....
                              is the hood and bumper gap suppose to be that big?
                              looks like it was in accident or quality control for chrysler has gone down the drain i guess....

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');