• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fine scratches in Corvette Acrylic Top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fine scratches in Corvette Acrylic Top

I have the transparent roof on my car and I was wondering what would be safe to use? Would the same pads and finishing materials be safe along with maybe some light 3000 grit wetsanding?

I have never tried anything on this. Maybe its the same as clear headlights?

Re: Fine scratches in Corvette Acrylic Top

Try to find out if it's Lexan.

Don't start abrading the plastic until you find out what it's made out of as Lexan is very very difficult to work on. To date, the only product I've found that will improve Lexan is M105 and still the results are not perfect.

Plexiglas on the other hand is one of the easiest things to buff scratches out of, but it seems that everyone has switched to Lexan because it's safer and it's safe because it's harder and less prone to shattering and it's these features that make it had to work scratches out of it.

So find out what kind of plastic it is. Probably the best bet would bet o check with a Corvette Forum, not sure a sales person at a GM Dealership is going to know what kind of plastic the windows are made out of.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');