• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaner Waxes (i.e. DC1, ColorX..) & Polishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaner Waxes (i.e. DC1, ColorX..) & Polishes

what are your usual steps when working w/ this product? i have the impression that these are a paint cleaner and wax in one bottle...right? @ what point would you use this...? for me, if i have a vehicle with moderate to severe swirls i: wash>clay>m80/m83(depending on paint defects)>lsp.

now when the vehicle has been properly detailed (no more swirls) and in need of a wash, i'll: wash>clay(if needed)>colorx>lsp.

since the colorx and the other cleaner waxes have no polishing abilities (correct me if i'm wrong), do you recommend after colorx'ing to apply a pure polish such as M07/DC2 followed by lsp?

i'm trying to get an idea of when to use the cleaner type waxes. my buddy just bought a brand new toyota tacoma and the paint was flawless (no swirls), but i did clay it to remove any surface contaminants and followed by colorx w/ NO lsp. this was the only time i used colorx and was pretty impressed w/ the results.. i will probably follow it up w/ a coat of nxt2.0 the next time i detail it.

so to make my ? more clear, do i use colorx when the vehicle's paint condition is fair/excellent?

And where does polishing fit in w/ colorx?

Re: Cleaner Waxes (i.e. DC1, ColorX..) & Polishes

They are called cleaner/waxes, but they contain polishing oils as well.

Basically, a cleaner/wax is good for the average consumer to get an all-in-one product that is quick and easy when they wax once or twice a year. It is also good for us detaielr types who are looking to cover 3 steps at once to save time.

ColorX gets recomended more than the other cleaner/waxes because it is a little stronger of a cleaner, which seems nice for daily drivers, is easy to find, and ends up looking darn good.

And like wit hany other cleaning product, if you work it in with more passion, and use more agressive applicators, you will get more cleaning ability. So if you have a car in good shape, you can apply gently. If you have a car in bad shape, you can apply a bit more agressively.

1986 Ford Bronco II - Extreme Makeover

A product dedicated to cleaning such as #80 will tend to clean better than an all-in-one type product, but thats the tradeoff you are making to save time.

And yes, following it up with a pure wax like Nxt 2.0 would be a fine idea, since that will get you the recomended 2 coats of wax also.

1. Wash
    2. Clay
    3. ColorX
    4. Wax

1. Wash
    2. Clay
    3. Clean
    4. Polish
    5. Wax
    6. Wax
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment