• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pretty interesting car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty interesting car...

Haven't seen anything like this before. Still working on it, and will get more, better pictures when I'm finished.

1968 door skins, fenders, hood and front end. Not diggin the wheels, but I kinda like the rest. Even has chrome bumpers and door handles Looks like a ton of fabrication went into this thing!

2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
    2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Re: Pretty interesting car...

That Car Looks Sweet!!
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

The car looks great. I agree with you the wheels just look out of place. Otherwise a great looking car.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Sweet!!

Comment

Whoa that is cool! The headlight buckets look to be real '68 "Shelby" buckets as is the hood ('68 GT-350). If you look at a '68 Shelby next to a '68 standard Mustang, you'll notice the headlight buckets extend farther forward, as does the hood. Shelby also swapped out the stock lower valance for his own which promoted better cooling. All of those elements are present in this car...it is true artistry created by someone who really knows their 'stangs

You get to work on all of the cool stuff! Looking forward to more pictures.

Oh, and the wheels are FR-500 Ford Racing wheels. I'm sure they chose those wheels for the nostalgia effect

Comment

Originally posted by kerrinjeff View Post
            Whoa that is cool! The headlight buckets look to be real '68 "Shelby" buckets as is the hood ('68 GT-350). If you look at a '68 Shelby next to a '68 standard Mustang, you'll notice the headlight buckets extend farther forward, as does the hood. Shelby also swapped out the stock lower valance for his own which promoted better cooling. All of those elements are present in this car...it is true artistry created by someone who really knows their 'stangs

You get to work on all of the cool stuff! Looking forward to more pictures.

Oh, and the wheels are FR-500 Ford Racing wheels. I'm sure they chose those wheels for the nostalgia effect
            From talking with the owner, these are real 68 Shelby pieces. The door skins are 68 Shelby door skins, fenders are Shelby fenders and the hood and front end are also real Shelby pieces.
            When I say real, obviously they didn't cut up a Shelby to build this car. These are aftermarket 68 parts custom fabricated to fit this car. He has 2 of these cars, the other is red and black.

Comment

Super cool! Can't even fathom how many fabrication hours went into that

Comment

Too cool...

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

That is way cool.
                  Alex
                  1972 Dodge Dart Swinger360
                  1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551
                  1969 Ford Mustang Fastback

Comment

Very nice Nick! Can't wait to see the rest of the pics.
                    Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Different.....Ill be honest and say I dont like the front. Love the originals. Looks like the car is just too wide for that front end.
                      If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Originally posted by Jokeman View Post
                        Different.....Ill be honest and say I dont like the front. Love the originals. Looks like the car is just too wide for that front end.
                        Actually, I don't think it's the wideness that takes the look away. I'm not entirely sure it's wider than a 68. I think it just drops down too low. I think the lower valance is far to tall. If it were cut down a bit on the bottom, I think the front would look a ton better. But then you'd have a difference between the bottom of the front and the bottom of the fender(behind the front tires). Either way, I think they need to cut about 3" off the bottom of the lower valance.

Just my thoughts.....oh, and loose those ugly wheels! Throw some bullets on there or something.

Comment

Here's a good comparison to show what I'm talking about...

1968 Shelby. Notice how "short" the lower is on the front end?

And here is the one I posted. Notice how "fat" that lower is?

Change that lower, and I think it would change the entire appearance of the car. Would make it look a TON better.

Comment

So am I understanding this corretly? This is a new Mustang with 68 sheet metal? I have never seen anything like that before. I would love to know more about it. Cool car though!
                            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Mister B View Post
                              So am I understanding this corretly? This is a new Mustang with 68 sheet metal? I have never seen anything like that before. I would love to know more about it. Cool car though!

You are correct. Everything from the doors forward is 1968 sheetmetal.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');