• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too many options!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many options!!!

OK, so we have decided to offer Meguiar's products to our clients rather than the brand we had initially decided upon. I've been playing with samples, and so far the results have been very impressive.
    Here is my dilemma:
    What should I purchase for my initial order? I am a full service detailer. Most of my work is mobile, and I use a Cyclo for all of my polishing work. Up until now we've been using Zaino and Prima.

Any advise?

Re: Too many options!!!

Well, part of the reason for so many products is that different paints just react better to different products.

But the new and exciting products are #105 Ultimate Compound and #205 Finishing Polish, and #21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0.

Should be able to turn out some nice cars with those products.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
      Well, part of the reason for so many products is that different paints just react better to different products.
      That certainly seems to be the Meguiar's approach. After using Zaino, Swissvax and Prima almost exclusively, this is all a little overwhelming.

I was given a sample of the NXT 2.0 and fell in love. I'm very excited to start playing with a new line.

BTW-I"m a huge fan of your car. Great colour too.

Comment

Nxt 2.0 and #21 2.0 will be very similar for you, just #21 comes in bulk.

You can see Ultimate Compound in action on the Nissan hood on the front page. The #105 will be similar, though again in bulk.

Had an '05 in Atlantic Blue Pearl... traded in for the '08 though, just to get rid of a couple minor annoyances. The wheels being one of then... too hard to clean.

Comment

Nxt 2.0 and #21 2.0 will be very similar for you, just #21 comes in bulk.

You can see Ultimate Compound in action on the Nissan hood on the front page. The #105 will be similar, though again in bulk.

Had an '05 in Atlantic Blue Pearl... traded in for the '08 though, just to get rid of a couple minor annoyances. The wheels being one of then... too hard to clean.
          I had on 02 WRX, and an 84 Justy. Great cars!

Thanks for the tips. I'll go with the M21, 105 and 205.
          What about a decent wax? Is the M26 a good all around? I'm not looking to replace the Swissvax, but I want something practical.

Comment

#21 is the wax.

Unless you were meaning to offer a carnuba blend as well as synthetic to customers, then yes, #26 would be good as well.

I dunno about the new WRX style.... not quite sold yet.

Comment

M205, M105, SwirlX, ScratchX 2.0, M21 2.0, Ultimate Quik Wax, Ultimate Quik Detailer, M40, APC+, M20 for a cleaner wax, and Ultimate Quik Detailer for beautifying and dust/fingerprint removal, Last Touch for clay lube.

Those products are ALL amazing and fairly easy to use. If you want to keep it simple, that is a great starting point.

Comment

#21 is the wax.

Unless you were meaning to offer a carnuba blend as well as synthetic to customers, then yes, #26 would be good as well.

I dunno about the new WRX style.... not quite sold yet.
                Is it a wax or a sealant???

I ran the WRX in the Western States Rally Championship 3 years in a row. It was ugly, but a beast.

Comment

Meguiars uses the terms wax and sealant pretty interchangeably, but both are paint protection products.

#21 and Nxt are both entirely synthetic.

#26 is a carnuba blend.

Comment

I speculate that one reason Meguiar's has so many options in their professional line is simply because the company has been around a long time. Instead of discontinuing popular polishes and compounds, they have simply added new ones. It would be interesting to learn when each of the presently-selling polishes, waxes, and glazes were first introduced.

FiveSouth, by all means try out both M21 and M26. They give somewhat different looks. You may decide that you will want to use one or the other on specific colors. Some folks prefer M26 on solid dark colors and M21/NXT on metallics and light colors. You might consider starting a new thread and asking folks to compare the two products.

Good luck!
                    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                    --Al Kimel

Comment

Five South- I also use the Cyclo a lot and I really like it. You can get good cutting ability by using the orange and yellow pads with products like the new M105 or Ultimate Compound. I've had good results using the 4" Purple Wool pads from Lake Country. So there are a lot of options for even doing corrective work using just the Cyclo.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveSouthDetailing View Post
                        Is it a wax or a sealant???
                        In the center column of the forum homepage, if you scroll down aways, you'll find this,

Have Questions? Looking for Answers?
                        So much good, practical and helpful information in the "Information Station" like these two forum groups and the List 'O Links thread.
                        Hot Topics
                        How To Articles
                        List 'O Links 2.0

I point that out just so you and everyone reading this into the future know where to locate these resources as there is a wealth of information in the above links.

Here's a thread from the Hot Topics forum.

Is it a wax? Or a paint sealant?

At the time of this post there are 4 pages of threads, with 30 threads to a page in just the Hot Topics forum.

As for selection, try to keep it simple, M105, M205, M21, M26, M81, D151 or M66 for a cleaner/wax and you should be able to tackle just about anything that comes your way and any customer's needs, (Complete multiple step buff-out or one-step cleaner/wax).

Are you doing all/most of your work with the Cyclo or the Cyclo and other tools?

Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                          Are you doing all/most of your work with the Cyclo or the Cyclo and other tools?
                          I still keep my PC around, but have been using it less and less over the years. I have found that once you get the feel for the Cyclo that you don't need the PC. This is true for me at least. A lot of it is personal preference. And, personally, I prefer the Cyclo.
                          It is not, by any means, the only tool in my arsenal. I have a Vapor Chief, Makita 9277C, various compressors and pressure washers and all that stuff. Detailing was my hobby when I worked as a corporate recruiter. So I've had a lot of time to collect the tools of the trade. Until recently, I only did this very part time; 4-5 jobs a month. But now that I'm feeling very happy and comfortable with my skill set, I want to have a real go at it.

Thanks for all the feedback. I'l be buying all of these products today! I can't wait to try everything out. I've been stuck in the Zaino/Prima/Swissvax cult for too long.

One last question; Does anyone know a good place to purchase? I live in Orange County. I'd love to buy from a local business rather than on-line if at all possible.

m

Comment

Originally posted by FiveSouthDetailing View Post
                            One last question; Does anyone know a good place to purchase? I live in Orange County. I'd love to buy from a local business rather than on-line if at all possible.

m
                            I don't think there is any place local for us and I've looked all over. But I am real happy dealing with ADS. Great prices, fair shipping costs and so far I've received my order the next day after ordering (you have to order early enough in the day).

Good luck,

Mike
                            Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

Yeah, Rick at ADS isnt local (Arizona), but he is a good guy. Probably the best option if you have nothing good around there.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');