• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite interior protectant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is your favorite interior protectant? Part 2

What, no votes for Armor All?

JK, I like Supreme Shine the best, but M40 and Natural Shine are nice too.
    Shane
    1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

I actually LOL'd when you mentioned Harmor All .

I'm a big fan of Hyper Dressing 4:1, but have yet to try M40. Will be adding a gallon to my list of supplies when I stop by the PBE to try it out . I hear good things...!

Comment

I used to use Armor All. Then I switched to Supreme Shine and I was like, Wow, this is so much better! No artificial shine, and it doesn't turn my dash into a dust magnet. Needless to say, I have since given my Armor All protectant away.
        Shane
        1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Wow so many votes for M40. I still have 67 oz of M40 seldom use. Hehehe gonna use M40 after this. before this i always use the NXT Tech Protect.

Comment

M40 and AutoGlym Vinyl & Rubber Care
            Skoda Roomster

Comment

Hmmm… it's hard to pick a favorite.
              I like using a little of ALL. M40 on rubber mats and sills (slipperyness), QID or NSP on dashes, QID on pedals, m40, SSP, or NSP on the rest of the panels.

I can't find any gold class or NXT protectant.
              Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
              baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

Natural Shine. Nice smell, not greasy and not too glossy. It makes the vinyl look like it looked when the car left the factory.
                Anybody can make a car look good with the right products.

Comment

M40. Don't like the smell, but love the way it works.
                  2013 Highlander - black
                  2010 TL - black

Comment

you guys might laugh...but this happened to me on accident..i once grabbed the wrong bottle (thought i grabbed SSP) but it was the gold class rich leather spray bottle...it actually comes out just like SSP on dashboards ! with a little bit more gloss
                    Addicted

Comment

I voted other.

check it yo

Man...what a difference

Comment

Originally posted by Fly Bye View Post

I voted other.

check it yo

Man...what a difference

I tried that product once and I didnt really like it. It left the surface fairly greasy and oily even after multiple wipedowns with a cotton towel. Wasnt a fan of that cheap shine either.

It made me appreciate Meguiars dressings, my two main interior protectants are Natural Shine and M40 Vinyl/Rubber Cleaner Conditioner.

I was sold on M40 when I read this review:

Meguiar's #40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner Conditioner Review!
                        Nick
                        Tucker's Detailing Services
                        815-954-0773
                        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I wonder if the vinyl dashboards that are made today really need any UV protection. Just a question.

I personally prefer a matte, factory-new look on my interior vinyl and plastic; hence the product I prefer in Meguiar's line is Quik Interior Detailer. I switch off between QID and 1Z Cockpit Premium, depending on my mood. I think I may prefer the latter, but QID is a close second and is more economical. If I need a bit more cleaning power, then I use M40. I do not want more gloss or sheen than what I get from M40.
                          Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                          --Al Kimel

Comment

Bought Natyral Shine for the first time and used it this weekend. Product looks to be good but the spray bottle *****. I got spitting and streaming instead of spraying. Had to squirt it into rag then apply.
                            For me, this product won't be bought again because of poorly designed spray mechanism. It's the little things that seperate good from great.

Comment

Originally posted by bmdack View Post
                              Bought Natyral Shine for the first time and used it this weekend. Product looks to be good but the spray bottle *****. I got spitting and streaming instead of spraying. Had to squirt it into rag then apply.
                              For me, this product won't be bought again because of poorly designed spray mechanism. It's the little things that seperate good from great.
                              The sprayer head and bottle design have been re designed for 2010.
                              Nick
                              Tucker's Detailing Services
                              815-954-0773
                              2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Even though we still use #40 the majority of the time.. I am becoming a big fan of ultimate protectorant. It seems that it is very long lasting on interiors.
                                quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');