• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*NEW* Meguiar's M205 Ultra Finishing Polish Review!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: *NEW* Meguiar's M205 Ultra Finishing Polish Review!!!!

Thanks for the review and taking the time to do this!

I see you really hate doing reviews and testing out new products!!
    2008 Toyota Corolla 5-spd
    2005 Honda CRF250R
    2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

Great writeup indeed. Enjoyed reading it. The Ranger looked awesome under the sun. Crystal clear reflections with flakes popping around.

Learning new things everyday

Comment

Amazing work and an amazing write-up. Thanks for the information, it is invaluable.
        ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

Tim, a great write up as usual. I agree with your assessment of the product. I used it for the first time this past weekend on a white car that looked a whole lot whiter and brighter when I was finished.

Full sun ??...not sure I remember what that looks like...being from Buffalo, NY and all...

Great job Tim...I always appreciate your opinions.
          Bill Poirier
          West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Great review, how often did you find yourself switching out pads? 2 of each cut per car or more?

Visit Our Site - Presidential Automotive Detailing
            Authorized CQuartz FINEST Installer

Comment

Tim,

Thank you for another excellent, well written, and instructional review!

If I didn't already have some M205 I would be online buying some right now.

Mike
              Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

Excellent writeup Tim! I especially like the technical backround on the #205 and how it relates to the rest of the product line with #105 and #151. And the explanation of SMAT was great too!

RamAirV1
                2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Hi Tim,

I have another question for you.

Was your process:

light sanding in some areas
                  M105- some spots
                  M205- whole truck
                  and then did you go straight to LSP?
                  Nick
                  Tucker's Detailing Services
                  815-954-0773
                  2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

*New* Meguiar’s M205 Ultra Finishing Polish Review!!!

Tim,

Thanks again for yet another absolutely wonderful and as always informative review. You do amazing work that maybe one day I too can do.

Michael

Talent hits a target no-one else can hit; genius hits targets no-one else can see. - Schopenhauer

Comment

Excellent write up Tim, thanks! Hey how much oil does it seem like 205 has, say in comparison to 80? Do you think a pure polish step would add much over the amount of polishing oils that 205 feeds the paint with?

Comment

Tim, great write up. What did you use for an LSP if you don't mind me asking? Truck looks unreal!
                        If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Breath taking pictures Tim, as always. Your pictures on 2 stage paint always have an incredible amount of depth and wetness to them (think Maroon metallic F150 you saved), and this sonic Blue Ranger looks miles deep.

I must ask, any preference between rotary and DA when using M205? I have some personal preferences but would love to see what a seasoned pro like yourself can share.

Comment

Tim,

Great review on M205 and great to share the KB method of priming the pad. I tried that today, but alas, it was too saturated, but I have plenty of pads to saturate

Your reviews are top notch.

I look forward to your reviews.

Aaron
                            Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Originally posted by RDVT4ME View Post
                              Nice job Tim!

I would love to see you do a write up on feather sanding. I know Mike did one a while back, but I would also love to see one done using your techniques and style.
                              Thanks Bob!

I actually have photos shot already for a feather sanding write-up I was going to do last spring. Let me see what I can do.

Originally posted by Presidential_Detail View Post
                              Great review, how often did you find yourself switching out pads? 2 of each cut per car or more?
                              Because I used the Rotary and the DA, I tend to use fewer pads than someone who would be using a DA alone. In my case, I would have to look in my wash bin, but I think I used one Yellow Solo Wool Pad for the feather sanding removal, I think 3-4 of the W-8207 Polishing Pads, 4 W-9207 Finishing Pads and 1 of the 3M 3" Polishing Pads for the door pillars etc.

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                              Hi Tim,

I have another question for you.

Was your process:

light sanding in some areas
                              M105- some spots
                              M205- whole truck
                              and then did you go straight to LSP?
                              Yes, that about sums it up.

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
                              Breath taking pictures Tim, as always. Your pictures on 2 stage paint always have an incredible amount of depth and wetness to them (think Maroon metallic F150 you saved), and this sonic Blue Ranger looks miles deep.

I must ask, any preference between rotary and DA when using M205? I have some personal preferences but would love to see what a seasoned pro like yourself can share.
                              Thanks Mark! To be honest, that is a tough one and here is why. When using the M105 with the rotary, the finish comes out so clean, that simply following with the G110 and M205 on both polishing and finishing pads is all that is often needed. As you know, Meguiar's M205 is a very fine polish and has its limits. It works very well with either the rotary or the DA, but since I do more compounding and heavy polishing with the rotary, I will probably end up using it more with the DA for final polishing. Interesting question though...and once I go through a lot more of the M205, I will have a better idea as to which method I will prefer working with it.

Tim
                              Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

To everyone else, thank-you for the kind comments! I just hope the review helps people to get the most out of their products and to obtain a flawless finish on their vehicles!!!

Tim
                                Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');