• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Get Great Results With Meguiar's Spray Wax!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blr123, the daytime temperature here is very unforgiving. Especially when we leave our car outdoor under the sun, any contaminants such as bird poo, industrial fallout or tree sap will etch into the clearcoat quickly. Ideally, we should wash our car daily to preserve the smoothness of the clearcoat. But in reality, it's very tiring to perform daily wash. We have more oxidation problems here compared to UK.
    zey's detailing photography blog

Comment

Originally posted by janicekoh
      if u keep adding the spray wax (booster) on top of your normal tech wax lets say twice a week after every wash, then for how long i have to wait until i do the whole re-wax again? (clay, clean, polish, wax)? or can i just add a tech wax above it?
      You can just add Tech Wax to whatever is already there.

will the wax layer gets thicker n thicker from the addition of spray wax?
      Until it reaches the point of diminishing returns. Remember wax is a sacrificial barrier, it wears off, the least of anyones' worries should be "Do I have too much wax protection", it's usually the opposite.

Read this...

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Any different between NXT Tech Wax and SprayWax?

Hi,

I would like to know if there's difference between this two product.

I've collected by car couple of weeks back. Since I'm in hot tropical country, the weather here is humid.Lately, this car is subject to daily torrents of rain...almost everyday.

Should I use NXT Tech Wax or Spray Wax?

Also, I would like to restore my windscreen smoothness. I notice there's noise produced when the windscreen swiping action. Is it because the windscreen is too high friction or resistance or my wiper is not install properly.

Appreciate your kind and prompt reply.

Thank you so much. I've already believe into Meguiars before making my 1st purchase of your product.

Cheers!
        Life is full of surprises! You just duno when and what's going next.

Comment

Hi Archilles, to MOL! Since we experience the same weather, I would say that you should lay 2 layers of NXT Tech Wax first as a foundation. After that, maintain it weekly with NXT Spray Wax. You may want to try to clay your windscreen to see if the smoothness is improved.
          zey's detailing photography blog

Comment

Hi zey!

Thanks for your prompt reply. Appreciate that!

Any tips or technique on how I could do the claything on my windscreen?

There's no scratch or dent on my windscreen....just find it's not smooth when the wipers are in action. Can hear the "squaking" sound.

My sales technician told me new vehicle is like that or common to have such scenario.

My car is less than 3 weeks old. I'm just surprise after a few days of using the windscreen wipers, the windscreen as a clear define sweep area marking formed.

Is it normal to have such marking.....which I would think so. Possible to restore back to original or I should take care later?

Feel free to give me your suggestion and tips. Thanks a lot.

Cheers!
            Life is full of surprises! You just duno when and what's going next.

Comment

Re: How To Get Great Results With Meguiar's Spray Wax!

Thanks to everyone for the comments on this product.

I've used NXT Spray wax a couple of times and this will sum it up. I have a 1/3 of a bottle of NXT liquid and I will not be using it since I'm afraid it will dull the finish on my car. That might sound crazy but that's how much better I find the spray than the liquid. It doesn't restore the freshly waxed look it takes it to another level that wasn't even possible or imaginable. I'm not sure why other folks aren't finding this and maybe it's because I had a mother lode of wax protection before I used the spray. All I can say is NXT spray is da bomb for me at least and I wouldn't ever think of letting anything else from Meguiars or anybody else touch my car again

I spray the sucker liberally directly on the car and immediately smear it in which works great. I let it dry to a haze with the time depending on the temperature as others have said. It comes off like a dream and is easier to use than any paste or liquid. A quick buff later and you're ready to admire the ultimate in deep gloss.

I was a huge fan of NXT liquid but this stuff is for me on a whole other level.

Comment

sadly i am one of those that really didnt appreciate nxt tech spray wax. On a just-washed-and-dried car, when i do your method 1 or 2. It always is more difficult to cleanly and easily remove wax residues and streaks. I dunno why. I have an easier time working with liquid wax even by hand applications.

The only time i appreciated using tech spray wax is when i finished washing the car and spraying it over the wet panel and spreading it using my mf drying towel. Its easier to remove the wax cleanly this way. And It cuts my wash and wax time by 30mins. and i burn lesser calories hahaha. I love my calories

So. . . . Im donating my tech spray wax, and my nxt paste wax (the most easiest to remove paste wax i have ever used. And it last long) to my brother. As i am so inlove with my meguiars gold class liquid wax, and my latest baby nxt 2.0 liquid wax

Truly, its not the product. Its the guy using the product

Comment

Well I'm in Mikes #2 camp I bought 2 bottles of the spray wax and they have been sitting on the self for two years.
                  If I do as some say they do spray it on the car, I made that mistake the first time that I used it and it took a Long time to get the white residue out of all the cracks and crevices..

I can put on a coat of NXT 2.0 nearly as fast and have more protection.
                  The carnuba spray wax will not give the lasting protection that a sealant will so you will need to use more often so how much time does it save.
                  Black Bart

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');