• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaner Wax Liquid and Gold Class™ Liquid Wax vs NXT Generation® Tech Wax 2.0™ Liquid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaner Wax Liquid and Gold Class™ Liquid Wax vs NXT Generation® Tech Wax 2.0™ Liquid

Hei

Im new to Meguiar Products and I think I found three products that are maybe the same. I just wonder if you can compare the Cleaner Wax Liquid and Gold Class™ Liquid Wax against NXT Generation® Tech Wax 2.0™ Liquid?

I have a brand new car, but i feel the water does not peel off the way it should wen its new polished. And I park outside aswell, and I read places that it would be good to wax it and not only polish.

Does anyone have any recomandation where I should start and with what product?

Re: Cleaner Wax Liquid and Gold Class™ Liquid Wax vs NXT Generation® Tech Wax 2.0™ Li

hi jan_bg,

I moved your question into Detailing 101 since it did not belong in the How-To ARticles section. In the future, when in doubt simply post your detailing questions in Detailing 101 to make sure you get the most replies and help.

Comment

Re: Cleaner Wax Liquid and Gold Class™ Liquid Wax vs NXT Generation® Tech Wax 2.0™ Li

They are not the same. Cleaner wax is exactly that...it has cleaners and polishes in it in addition to the wax and is designed for a finish that is less than perfect.

Gold Class is a carnuaba-based wax and NXT 2.0 is a polymer sealant. Neither one has any "cleaning" ability beyond being able to remove a minute amount of contamination that might prevent proper adhesion to the paint. Both are intended to be the final step in the process, followed by routine use of Quik Detailer or Ultimate Quick Detailer (or one of the Quik or Ultimate Quick Waxes)
      Don
      12/27/2015
      "Darth Camaro"
      2013 Camaro ... triple black
      323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Originally posted by jan_bg View Post
        Hei

Im new to Meguiar Products and I think I found three products that are maybe the same. I just wonder if you can compare the Cleaner Wax Liquid and Gold Class™ Liquid Wax against NXT Generation® Tech Wax 2.0™ Liquid?

I have a brand new car, but i feel the water does not peel off the way it should wen its new polished. And I park outside aswell, and I read places that it would be good to wax it and not only polish.

Does anyone have any recomandation where I should start and with what product?
        Gold Class is a carnuba blend wax.

Nxt 2.0 is a 100% synthetic wax

They are both only waxes, that means not much cleaning ability.

The cleaner/wax is a carnuba blend, but with mild cleaning ability.
        ColorX/ColourBoost (different names, different areas) is a carnuba blend with more cleaning ability.

What I would suggest you do is:

1. Wash - Good quality soap like Gold Class, etc... good quality towels, sponges, and use 2 buckets.
        2. Clay - See if you can find a Smoot hSurface Clay kit.
        3. Cleaner/Wax or ColorX
        4. Wax - Apply a coat of the wax you like the sound of. I prefer Nxt 2.0 myself.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
          Gold Class is a carnuba blend wax.

Nxt 2.0 is a 100% synthetic wax

They are both only waxes, that means not much cleaning ability.

The cleaner/wax is a carnuba blend, but with mild cleaning ability.
          ColorX/ColourBoost (different names, different areas) is a carnuba blend with more cleaning ability.

What I would suggest you do is:

1. Wash - Good quality soap like Gold Class, etc... good quality towels, sponges, and use 2 buckets.
          2. Clay - See if you can find a Smoot hSurface Clay kit.
          3. Cleaner/Wax or ColorX
          4. Wax - Apply a coat of the wax you like the sound of. I prefer Nxt 2.0 myself.

Thanks alot, would it be neccesary for me to use the Cleaner Wax when you have a brand new car?
          Do you know which Wax would give the most shiny car?

Comment

If your car is outside getting dirty, you are going to want to at least use a mild cleaner every so often.

Remember, the car sat on the dealer lot for a while as well....
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');