• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody clean the under carriage of the car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anybody clean the under carriage of the car?

Originally posted by KrytikalMedic View Post
    There is a gentleman on the truck forum I'm on (ibtohq.com) that not only cleans, details, but also has repainted the undercarriage of his truck. Here are some pics...

Holy moly. That looks absolutely great. Wanna go for a quick run over some mud? LOL

I always love to see clean undercarriage. No mud and grease/oil stains. Sometimes I spend 1-3hours on the sedans & 4x4s I have at home to clean the undercarriage. Repaint those parts which has rust/stains on them.

It just kills the whole look when the body has great reflections but a peek at the undercarriage showed otherwise. LOL
    Learning new things everyday

Comment

Originally posted by TimG View Post
      Holy moly. That looks absolutely great. Wanna go for a quick run over some mud? LOL

I always love to see clean undercarriage. No mud and grease/oil stains. Sometimes I spend 1-3hours on the sedans & 4x4s I have at home to clean the undercarriage. Repaint those parts which has rust/stains on them.

It just kills the whole look when the body has great reflections but a peek at the undercarriage showed otherwise. LOL
      What type of paint do you use for undercarriages/wheel wells? My undercarriage is in decent shape but my wheel wells could use some painting. Thanks.

Comment

I just try once a year to get as much as the undercarriage as I can. It was more critical when I lived uo north. Down here in Florida I figure a copuple times a year is all that is needed.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by PuDeN View Post
          Here is some pic to see http://www.meguiars.com.my/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=2196 took it from Meguiars Malaysia. Detailing did by fishbonezken one of our forumer here in MOL. He super degrease the under carriage. . caught in pic on action. . . hehehe.
          I think I just spent a whole half hour reading that thread. What an extreme detail job! Wow! I wish I were patient enough to be that thorough.
          Shane
          1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Originally posted by Bert31 View Post
            What type of paint do you use for undercarriages/wheel wells? My undercarriage is in decent shape but my wheel wells could use some painting. Thanks.
            For now, just plain acrylic paint; rattle cans you normally get in DIY/paint stores. I do like to learn to paint using HVLP spray gun.
            Learning new things everyday

Comment

Originally posted by Bostonsfavson View Post
              I do the same thing buddy First, I take it a local touchless that has *very* powerful jets that spray the underbody. In fact, they're so strong that you can feel the vehicle move. I figure that this loosens all of the heavy stuff.
              Catalytic converters, mufflers, CV boots, axles, heavy stuff like that?

Comment

Originally posted by TimG View Post
                For now, just plain acrylic paint; rattle cans you normally get in DIY/paint stores. I do like to learn to paint using HVLP spray gun.

You mean like Krylon type spray paint? I guess it should work just fine.

Comment

I used high heat enamel (rattlecan) on my rear axle. Some aluminum paint(rattlecan) to clean up the brake lines. And Eastwoods Rust Encapsulator(brush on) on the frame and perches. I'll need to dig up some pics.
                  Alex C.

Comment

The shop that just redid my exhaust today spray painted it enamel black. Made it look soooo clean. Oh, the underneath of my car is pretty dang clean too, lol.

Comment

Here's the only two pics i have of my underside.

Here you can see the frame and perches, as well as the driveshaft that has since been sanded and painted.

Now i just pressure wash every month or so. Much easier to clean up.
                      Alex C.

Comment

a friend of mine details his. The whole car is so clean!

a
                        Hitachi SP 18VA & PCXP
                        Rides: 94 XJ & 04 Explorer XLT

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');