• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2002 Roush Mustang GT Stage 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Roush Mustang GT Stage 2

My new job has been keeping my plenty busy since I started, which is good. However, it has left me with little extra time to keep the cars clean. I could not and still can not remember the last time I washed this car, let alone the last time I waxed it. I had two days off, and devoted the afternoons and evenings to fix that.

Day One
    • Washed the car with Gold Class and a Meguiar's Microfiber Wash Mitt at about 7PM when it cooled off to about 80 degrees. Tires were scrubbed with a brass tire brush and Eagle One All Wheel and Tire Cleaner.
    • Waxed in the dark at 10PM with Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax 2.0 when it cooled down to 70 degrees.

Day Two
    • Removed the decals on the trunk lid and lower door panels and re-waxed those areas.

I went to my friend's apartment where there was a covered and paved road and carport (no dirt or dust, yay!).
    • Wiped the entire car down with M135 (UQD) and a Supreme Shine microfiber.
    • Applied BlackWOW to all plastic trim; including the lower, matte black painted area on the rear bumper cover.
    • Applied Black Magic Titanium Matte Tire Finish dressing to the tires. (Kind of pricey for the smaller bottle, but I am in LOVE with it!)
    • Wiped the wheels and windows down with M135.
    • Wiped the inside and outside of the exhaust tips out with M135.
    • Gave the driver side a quick vacuuming.
    • Gave the dash a quick dusting.

Gratutious Pictures

This last one was a bit blurry, so I just sort of went with it the best I could when editing.

Re: 2002 Roush Mustang GT Stage 2

Darn, Sir, I surely like your car!
    NXT looks sweet on that black of yours!
    Proud owner of:
    Quik Clay Detailing System, Scratch X, NXT Tech Wax 1.0 (liquid and paste), High Endurance, Natural Shine, #80, #82, #83, #84, APC, Last Touch, #34, #16, Megs Glass Cleaner Concentrate, Megs Soft Wash Gel, Megs Smooth Surface Clay Kit, Megs Ultimate Quik Detailer

Comment

Looks really wet and deep. Nice work!

Comment

Tyler, Your Mustang looks great. Dark, deep and wet.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Thanks for the kind words!

Comment

Looks fabulous!
            Shane
            1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Sweet Mustang. Look'n good.

Comment

Hi,car still lookin' good.

I like the trees in the pics.Gives a nice offset to highlight your car.

I don't remember the decals...I'll go an' check

Comment

looks awesome!

I'm in the same boat, lots of job time + rediculous temps = little detailing time
                  -I havent been home one weekend in like 2 months, my car is filthy :cry:
                  2004 Mustang GT - Sonic Blue

Comment

Love the car, I had a black on black 00 GT with an 01 cobra engine, I almost installed the Roush stage 2 bumpers and exhaust, I love the look

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie6th View Post
                      Hi,car still lookin' good.

I like the trees in the pics.Gives a nice offset to highlight your car.

I don't remember the decals...I'll go an' check
                      Thanks. Yeah, decals were on there for about...2 years I think? They are in the album, lol. Came off with no ill effects though, which is nice.

Originally posted by Mr Mustang View Post
                      looks awesome!

I'm in the same boat, lots of job time + rediculous temps = little detailing time
                      -I havent been home one weekend in like 2 months, my car is filthy :cry:
                      Yeah, let's not talk about the before pictures [that weren't taken]. Would have made a GREAT before and after though I suppose. Perhaps one of these times I will photograph it dirty for you all

Originally posted by Sal329 View Post
                      Love the car, I had a black on black 00 GT with an 01 cobra engine, I almost installed the Roush stage 2 bumpers and exhaust, I love the look
                      Thanks! Still got the Cobra though, yeah? (I hope I am remembering correctly, lol)

Comment

Great work, looks clean and crisp.
                        Nick
                        Tucker's Detailing Services
                        815-954-0773
                        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Thank you good sir!

Comment

Working...