• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

105/205 done, now what LSP...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 105/205 done, now what LSP...

Hey guys,

Just my Black 2007 Tahoe with a 105/Megs Cutting Pad and 110v2 and had great results! TON of dust but the finish was sweet! I'll add that I didnt get any marring or holograms etc and probably could have walked away, but I didn't (I was working it half panel at a time, pretty fluid movement at about 3-3.5k rpms) .... I then went with the 205/Polishing pad at 2k rpms and finished the day with a smile.
    I woke up thinking I have 26 and Nxt2.0 in my supply bin and probably should add the final layer for added protection.
    My questions are ....
    On a black Tahoe what have you guys used (M26/Nxt2.0) and what method (hand or DA)?
    and what about all this darn dust from the 105!?!?!?!? Its going to be in my arsenal from now on but geez louise, its dusts like crazy!

Thanks in advance for the responses.

Re: 105/205 done, now what LSP...

i would advise another application on M205 via a finishing pad before you LSP it as so you make sure to get any light marring or holograms that MAY have been caused by the 205/polishing pad combo.

After that you can use any wax youd like for an LSP, my personal go-to product is M21 2.0 synthetic sealant 2.0. Thats basically the professional version of NXT 2.0. 26 would also be a nice product to use. Its basically up to you.
    Zach Hall

2001.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel - DD/Tow rig
    1983 Chevy C10 - Race/Show rig
    1939 Dodge D11 Luxury Liner Deluxe - Antique resto. project

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsCrazed View Post
      i would advise another application on M205 via a finishing pad before you LSP it as so you make sure to get any light marring or holograms that MAY have been caused by the 205/polishing pad combo.

After that you can use any wax youd like for an LSP, my personal go-to product is M21 2.0 synthetic sealant 2.0. Thats basically the professional version of NXT 2.0. 26 would also be a nice product to use. Its basically up to you.
      +1. Good advice.

Comment

M21 FTW. I am new to the game and as mentioned make sure to go over it again with 205 on a finishing pad before applying the sealant. I have very very light mm from the 205 and polishing bad that I didnt even notice til I scrutinized it under the sun (I used dual 1000 watt work light in the garage and still didn't see it.) So after the snow is done, once again, I will be washing then refinishing with 205 on a finishing pad. And using the one and only M21! I apply it by hand, but that's a personal preference, to me it really give it that finishing touch.

Comment

Since the #26 is a paint sealant, i would use it for the base wax and then, a fine coat of NXT 2.0, let it cure overnight and remove with a supremeshine MC, the 26 for protection and deep gloss, and the NXT 2.0 for Maximum protection.

Thats how i would do it.

Regards,
          Ryan
          Ryan's Auto Detailing, S.A
          Mobile Auto Detailing Company.
          Dominican Republic.

Passion for Detailing, do it with love.

Comment

I would go over it one more time with the 205 also. Then hit it with the combo you have. Your Tahoe will look fantastic.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan_Bihun89 View Post
              Since the #26 is a paint sealant, i would use it for the base wax and then, a fine coat of NXT 2.0, let it cure overnight and remove with a supremeshine MC, the 26 for protection and deep gloss, and the NXT 2.0 for Maximum protection.

Thats how i would do it.

Regards,
              Ryan
              FYI, #26 is a carnauba wax, not a paint sealant. If you were to use it in conjunction with NXT 2.0, the proper procedure would be to lay down a coat of NXT 2.0, buff it off after passing the swipe test, wait 12-24 hours, apply #26, and buff off after it passes the swipe test.
              Shane
              1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
                FYI, #26 is a carnauba wax, not a paint sealant. If you were to use it in conjunction with NXT 2.0, the proper procedure would be to lay down a coat of NXT 2.0, buff it off after passing the swipe test, wait 12-24 hours, apply #26, and buff off after it passes the swipe test.
                Thanks cierra for the Info, i believe i was kinda confused then. Ive been thinking that #26 is a sealant wich is wrong. Thanks for making it clear as water for me. Now ill start doing it right.

Thanks.

BTW, the #26 is the Purple wax right? Or is it the #21? What i referred before was the purple wax, maybe thats why i was confused.
                Dominican Republic.

Comment

Thanks cierra for the Info, i believe i was kinda confused then. Ive been thinking that #26 is a sealant wich is wrong. Thanks for making it clear as water for me. Now ill start doing it right.

Thanks.

BTW, the #26 is the Purple wax right? Or is it the #21? What i referred before was the purple wax, maybe thats why i was confused.
                  #21 is a purple liquid - that must have been what you were referring to. #26 is about the color of tapioca pudding.
                  Shane
                  1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Yeah thats it.. haha.. i got confused between the numbers, I thought the #26 was the purple wax. hahaha...

Tapioca Pudding, hahaha!

Thanks dude for the Nfo
                    Dominican Republic.

Comment

#21 is purple? Does that mean you can see it when you apply it to a white car?

Comment

One of my personal favorites is Collinite 845. It adds depth and lasts the longest of any waxes I've ever used.
                        BobbyG

Comment

Originally posted by Marcki View Post
                          #21 is purple? Does that mean you can see it when you apply it to a white car?
                          No, you wont be able to see the purple color of the wax in a white car. When you apply it it becomes sorta white, its really easy to apply and remove, but i preffer NXT 2.0, i like GC + for light colored cars.

Dominican Republic.

Comment

No, you wont be able to see the purple color of the wax in a white car. When you apply it it becomes sorta white, its really easy to apply and remove, but i preffer NXT 2.0, i like GC + for light colored cars.

Thanks, Ryan. I am using GC now. It is just about impossible to see it when I am applying it, though, so it is hard to apply it evenly. I guess I need either better lighting in my garage or to get a good spotlight/flashlight, because I can only see it on reflection of light.

Comment

I agree with the recommendations so far, with a couple of tips. I use the Lake Country pads because they offer a wider selection of abrasion. I got fantastic results with this secquence.

1. M105 on Orange Pad (in between Meguiar's cutting and polishing pad)
                              2. M205 on White Pad (in between Meguiar's Polishing Pad and Finishing Pad)
                              3. M205 on Black Pad (similar to Finishing Pad)
                              4. NXT Tech Wax on Red Pad (a little softer than Finishing Pad)
                              4. Gold Class Carauba Wax on Gold Pad (very soft pad)
                              5. Utimate Quik Wax

I just started using the Ultimate Quik Wax and it is a really terrific product. I used to follow my car wash with Ultimate Quik Detailer to get any water spots or other misses. That was good, but didn't really add anything except correct the misses I made during the wash. The Quik Wax adds a nice extra shine to give it that just waxed look. I usually only do the top surfaces (and sometimes just the hood and trunk) because those are the most visible. It goes on and comes off so easily it's a breeze. And it only takes a couple of minutes. Definitely worth the extra time.

Now that I've corrected my paint finish problems, my maintenance routing is weekly wash followed by Quik Wax and monthly (or bi-monthly) Gold Class Carnauba Wax. Tech Wax last longer than Gold Class, so I could extend the wax interval if I used Tech Wax. I'm still deciding which wax I like better. They're both great.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');