• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UQW curing time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UQW curing time.

I did a search under UQW curing time but nothing came up so I'll ask. I know with NXT 2.0 12 hours is optimal. Is it shorter with UQW? The reason I ask is sometimes I only have 3 hours or so for it to sit after removing the excess before I have to go somewhere and wasn't sure if this was a pointless waste of the product.

Thanks in advance!

Re: UQW curing time.

I use UQW as a WIWO wax, and my paint loves it.
    -Freeman

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it. With UQW. You really don't have to wait. Just apply it and move on. NXT does require 12 hours to set up and fully cure for "best protection"..but if you only have 3 hours its fine. Its really nothing to stress over. I've applied nxt, waited 30 minutes, and applied my second coat therafter.
      Addicted

Comment

It is a wipe on wipe off product. I do not worry about curing time.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Apply it, remove excess and drive away. No need to sit around after use

Comment

Awesome!!! That makes scheduling my car washing so much simpler.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

BTW I can't wait until the beginning of May. I have a whole week off to detail my car and my father's. He's got swirl marks galore on his gorgeous 09 Forester

Comment

I've asked this question in different thread, please find the answer by Michael Stoops himself

Originally posted by Michael Stoops View Post
              Spray waxes tend to dry very quickly, but whether you actually wait for UQW to dry or not doesn't make a huge difference. It can generally be sprayed on and basically just wiped off.
              But remember, UQW is not the "base" wax, you must apply GC, NXT, or another wax as "base" wax, UQW applied on between waxing time, for example, after waxing the car this week, you may want to use UQW on the next week after washing your car clean.
              ======================

=======================

Comment

Originally posted by Garage Troll View Post
                I did a search under UQW curing time but nothing came up so I'll ask. I know with NXT 2.0 12 hours is optimal. Is it shorter with UQW? The reason I ask is sometimes I only have 3 hours or so for it to sit after removing the excess before I have to go somewhere and wasn't sure if this was a pointless waste of the product.

Thanks in advance!
                Adding some information related to your posting:

On NXT 2.0, you only have to wait about 30 minutes before you buff them. Make sure that you apply only a thin coat of wax. Do a wipe test to make sure that your wax is dry enough to buff (you may find this topics on Hot Topics forum or Consumer line forum).

12 hours curing time need if you want to apply the second coat of wax. Just to make sure that all surface covered with wax.

Some people like to wait 12 hours before buff the wax (just to make sure the wax id completely dry), it is ok, but I am not so car crazy like them, especially, my car is a daily drive car, not a garage queen.
                ======================

=======================

Comment

The curing time is not how long you have to let it sit on the paint before you wipe it off --> that's simply how long it takes the coat of wax to dry before you should remove it. The curing time is how long you should wait before washing, QD'ing, waxing, basically touching or rubbing the paint and disturbing the wax as it "cures" and sets up for optimal life and protection.

Comment

Originally posted by wewe98 View Post
                    I've asked this question in different thread, please find the answer by Michael Stoops himself

But remember, UQW is not the "base" wax, you must apply GC, NXT, or another wax as "base" wax, UQW applied on between waxing time, for example, after waxing the car this week, you may want to use UQW on the next week after washing your car clean.

I NXT 2.0'd it two weeks ago so this works perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');