• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had a few issues with GC Vinyl/Rubber Protectant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a few issues with GC Vinyl/Rubber Protectant

So I picked up some GC Vinyl/Rubber Protectant a few weeks ago from Big Lots, and decided to give it a try on my dash. It went on pretty evenly with a microfiber applicator. About a day later, it looked as if the product on the dash was separating, or clumping together. The best way I can describe it is image I took a spray bottle with the narrow stream, not the mist, and sprayed in on the dash and never spread it around with anything.

I figured maybe I didn't shake the bottle up enough, so the following week I shook up the bottle and applied the product. Same thing happened again a day later. I mean it looks fine after wiping up with a microfiber when this happens, but it is a pretty matte look, and I liked the look before with some gloss of when I originally applied it.

Any suggestions?

I typically use M40, but I couldn't pass up buying the GC for only a few bucks, so it really isn't too huge of a deal to me haha

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
    Remove swirls my friends.

Re: Had a few issues with GC Vinyl/Rubber Protectant

bump

Comment

Big lots sells old and discontinued products, you never know what type of condition or age the stuff you purchase there is. Could have been stored improperly or be an older bottle and no good anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by CHzo6 View Post
        Big lots sells old and discontinued products, you never know what type of condition or age the stuff you purchase there is. Could have been stored improperly or be an older bottle and no good anymore...

True, I was suspecting that maybe it was old and had been on shelves or stored for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by CHzo6 View Post
          Exactly. That's why if possible, open/unscrew the top and look to see if the products is seperated or looks unusual.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');