• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DISO = The Dealership Installed Swirl Option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DISO = The Dealership Installed Swirl Option

Originally posted by ckessler960 View Post
    Unfortunately for the owner of this tahoe, I think it beats your buddy's mustang as the all time worst DISO. I took this pic just a few weeks ago at the 2011 Petit Le Mans at road Atlanta. When I saw this car i just started laughing, This Swirl job is almost borderline done on purpose, unless the idiot did it night in the complete dark. Either the way, I got a kick out of it & I'm sure someone else will too

Holy ---- that thing is horrendous!!
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Is it just me or do those trails/swirls on the rear panel kinda look like 'ghost flames' (gone BAD)?

That 'thing' is just wrong.

Bill

Comment

DISO is about 1/3 of my work and the dealership will not hire me. So I guess I just keep charging the higher rate.
        BMW ZSCCA Area Rep SoCal

Comment

Originally posted by imz4n View Post
          DISO is about 1/3 of my work and the dealership will not hire me. So I guess I just keep charging the higher rate.
          If they're contributing to 1/3 of your work, then I'd say they are hiring you. In a round about way...

Comment

I have a problem with my newly painted car. 3 weeks ago, my car got a respray as the paint had bubbles on the roof. They took 2 weeks to complete the job. When receiving the car, i noticed that the paint sink inwards and created many holes all over the car.

So I send my car back to the workshop and they told me that they will fix it. 3 days later, I collected my car and the paint job seems good. However I always wanted to check the real condition of the paint once I reach home. There were lots of oil on the paint and I took quick detailer to wipe clean the surface. Soon I realize there were lots of swirls and got worried that it could be me inducing the swirls.

But i got suspicious that they might be using glaze to hide the swirls. I took swirl X to remove the oil on the car paint and true enough, I not only see swirls all over the car but also very bad scratches. I was flabbergasted and deeply upset.

I need some advice here. The workshop has agreed to give me a full refund as I told them that they are wasting my time.

I suspect that the scratches might be caused by machine rotary buffer to reduce the initial holes. I am thinking of using my DA + UC to remove the scratches. However Im just scared to remove too much clear coat as they might have already remove some during buffing.

Post 2 pictures below.

Comment

Looks like they did not remove all of the wet sanding scratches. Makes sense as it looks close to an edge and they were probably worried of burning it. If it is indeed wet sanding marks, they can be removed.

Comment

I saw a brand new black Audi S4 at the beach this weekend with this option installed. I vomited in my mouth a little.
                http://www.facebook.com/ParagonAutoDetailing

Comment

i tried using UC + yellow pad and the scratches took a long time to remove. I thought fresh paint are softer and easier to remove.

Comment

after many many hours. finally removed all scratches and swirls.!!!

Comment

^^
                      Originally posted by Blueline
                      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Good job, you did it all by hand?

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');