• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Milly", my 2001 Mazda Millenia Gets A "Coin-Op" Basic Detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Milly", my 2001 Mazda Millenia Gets A "Coin-Op" Basic Detail

As you all can probably guess, I'm pretty strict when it comes to how clean my cars in my family are, especially mine, and that I want nothing but the best for them. My 2001 Mazda Millenia Premium is certainly my most prized possession at this point and being black, you can kinda guess how quickly the dirt can show up.

So after getting out of school a tad bit early, and having packed my supplies in a bucket prior to leaving, I moseyed on down to the local coin-op car wash in Grapevine, TX, to give Milly (yes, she has a name) a bath and a wax. I used only their water wand, and vacuum, but other than that, I brought my own wash solution, and other supplies, because I wasn't going to even attempt to try out their solutions, as I'm much more comfortable using my own supplies that I know and trust.

I put 10 minutes in quarters on the machine and went to work. Using my two sided detailing sponge and wash mit, I filled a bucket with Gold Class Car Wash, after blasting the whole car down with the water wand. I soaped up the whole car (including the rims with a different sponge) with the Gold Class and rinsed. I dried her off with some Water Magnets, and then pulled her under the canopy to start the polishing and waxing.

Having clayed her only about 2 1/2 months ago, her paint was still very smooth, so I knew the wax going to stick nicely. I started by lightly compounding her all over with Ultimate Compound. Even so after all the compounding, her paint had been so neglected by the previous owner(s) that the swirls, and MAJOR R.I.D.S. were unbearable to even look at. However, once I finished compounding, I moved on with a coat of Deep Crystal Polish for that deep shine. It was getting a little warmer outside at this point, so I stopped for a second for an ice cold Sprite, and then went right back to work.

I had to move her just a bit to keep her in the shade, but her paint was still cool to the touch. So with that in mind, I applied the first coat of NXT Tech Wax 2.0, and the shine was immediately noticeable. After wiping off and waiting about 30 mins, I applied a second coat very thinly, and after wiping it off, to be honest, I just couldn't help but stare. Milly had never looked so tempting, but she still had a slight bit of work left to do.

Collecting myself back together, I moved on to Milly's interior. The vacuum at the wash was adequate and certainly helped in pulling lots of leaves and grass, and all the other debris that was on her carpet. A slight foaming of Tuff Stuff Carpet Cleaner certainly helped a bunch getting some slight stains out.

So after a thorough check over, I put my stuff in the trunk, and headed home, and that's where I broke out the camera. I only had a little battery life left, so I only managed to snap a few after pics, but for all it's worth, it's a bang up job for a "coin-op" wash!

Look forward to more updates and write up's when business comes around.

Take Care,
    Bobby Johnson
    Owner/ Founder: Carchitects Auto Detail
    "When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade.
    When Barry gives you Meguiar's, you get one HECK OF A SHINE!"

Re: "Milly", my 2001 Mazda Millenia Gets A "Coin-Op" Basic Detail

Bobby, Milly looks great. Very good work. I am sure she is very happy in her new home.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

She's quite content at the moment, especially since my mom was nice enough to let her have the garage for the time being. She's needing a tiny bit of mechanical work, but other than that, she's doing good.
      "When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade.
      When Barry gives you Meguiar's, you get one HECK OF A SHINE!"

Comment

Probably the cleanest Millenia on the road. I think they're nice looking cars, especially yours.
        -James
        2012 Chevy Silverado ECSB. Z71 4x4. 5.3

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');