• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nissan titan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nissan titan

Got to work on the hood of my uncles truck today.
    ill be doing the whole truck this upcoming weekend.
    Heres some teaser pics

Photobucket

His hood has alot of white spots he said he parked under a tree, most of them came off but some are hard to get off but i did the best i could in the limited time i had today to do it...I will finish the hood as well the rest of the truck.

Note: i clayed then i started with colorx, it removed the majority of the white spots but not the swirls so i switched to UC which still is being hhard to remove the swirls but its doing better. Should i go to m105 to do it faster? using a DA...no right?
    i finished off with 205 then sealed it for now with m26
    Don't get so caught up making a living that you forget to make a life.

Re: nissan titan

Good lord that looks horrible for a newer vehicle. I would clay that with the blue detailers clay and then jump right to UC on a test spot to see what that gets you. If thats not enough then do another test spot with 105 and compare the difference. See which does a better job. After that the next thing to try would be the new D/A microfiber system as 105 might not cut it with a polishing pad.
    Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"
    2011 Jet Black 328i Touring
    2007 Jet Black 335i Sedan

Comment

I dont think i need the blue clay? it didnt need too much claying it was alright.
      And UC gave me decent results i just wanted to know if its a good idea to use 105 on a DA...or will UC be better since it has a longer working time and im not using a rotary buffer

well i dont want to invest in the mf system as the hood is 70 percent better already and the roof is like this also

the rest of the car is just swirled up.

Comment

Well, UC doesn't dust as much as M105 does and it offers much longer buffing cycle. If you want to see and feel how M105 handles the situation do a little test spot.

Great improvement on the hood. Your uncle has a good nephew who can detail his truck.

Comment

The new version of M105 (which has been around for a while) is compatible with a D/A.

+1 On what Greg said.
          Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"

Comment

i know right lol
            i been telling him to let me take a crack at it..he finally showed up at the house just to hangout and i told him man put that truck up on my driveway lol

yea i might buy 105 during the week when im off i believe i can get the small bottle for 9 bucks

Comment

i only need enough for the hood n roof anyways

i get great results with UC on anything else lol

Comment

You might find out you need 105 on the bedsides or around the tailgate.

Comment

whys that?

Comment

If it has been used like a truck (carrying things) you might find more scratches that are harder to deal with around those areas.

Comment

definately theres been way too many things on the back of that truck lol ive tooken off soo many tv's,couches,chairs off that truck u name it

Comment

Thats what I meant. Good luck with the bed.

Comment

thanks bro ill post up some pics sunday night

Comment

Looking forward to finished product.

Comment

Oh man I miss this forum! I never got around to finishing the truck guys. Uncle never came through again, it's been so long since I have done any kind of work on any car. But I still got my DA!

Lol bumping a very old thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');