• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

getting a DA next week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting a DA next week!

So, a few questions I have. I'm going with the GG6, I have a buddy that works there and will be getting the employee price! Anyways, planning on getting the mf system soon also.

So should the mf system be used for the current correction, and then 6 months down the road should I got to the foam so I'm not hitting the paint with a more aggressive cutting system? Or will I be fine using the mf system for the life of the car?

What do you guys think about the GG foam pads? I will probably be buying these at retail, but just curious the quality and dependability of GG vs Meguiars Soft Buff? If and when I got with the foam pads I will be using the UC/UP/ and haven't decided on the wax yet, I'm thinking the M26 an another on top? Maybe UW? I will be doing my G6 first, its black, brothers 07 Tahoe black, and a 03 Corvette that is blue with clear bra. Pointers on these vehicals and paints?

Re: getting a DA next week!

You should be fine using the MF system throughout the life of the car. The MF and foam pads are tools in your toolbox. Both accomplish the job of swirl removal so you can use either one.
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

The beauty of D/A Microfiber Correction System is that you can use it as 2-step serious correctional tool or just 1-step cleaner wax (D301/ finishing disc) depends on your paint surface shape.

You still need foam buffing pads and other products for other detailing tasks though. Sorry, no eperience with Griot's pads at all.

M26 High Tech Yellow Wax and Ultimate Wax should get you covered.

I will be doing my G6 first, its black, brothers 07 Tahoe black, and a 03 Corvette that is blue with clear bra. Pointers on these vehicals and paints?

You still need to perform test spots on all these vehicles. It's better to find out right at the beginning that some product doesn't work so well than after buffing entire car.

Some paints may respond better to MF System, some may like UC/ UP better. Corvettes have hard paints.

Comment

Anybody work with both the Griots & meguiars pads? Just cusious since i have a local griots in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by J4o2el7 View Post
          Anybody work with both the Griots & meguiars pads? Just cusious since i have a local griots in the area.

I have the GG DA with 25' cord and use the Meg's Soft Buff 2.0 pads with the w68da backing plate, works great!
          Joel
          1976 Cutlass S
          2001 PT Cruiser
          1990 454SS
          Suburban

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Griot's Garage 6 here and Lake country flat pads, both 6.5" and 5.5".

Best Detailing investment I ever made.
              2019 Ford F-150 XLT SPORT 4X4 Ecoboost

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');