• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with Rain - X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Rain - X

Rain - X has always worked for me in the past, but.... Lately, no matter how I use it, warm or cool temps, warm or cool windshield, leaving it on for a short or long time before buffing, I still get a film left that takes so much elbow grease to remove, I have now given up. does Rain - X get old? Should i switch to something else? Any ideas would be welcome.

"self love is not so vile a sin as self neglect" - Shakespeare.

The best trick to remove the film is to fill a spray bottle with plain water. Once the haze appears mist a little on the glass until it starts to bead. Then wipe a few times and buff dry. Hope this helps you.
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

Re: Problems with Rain - X

I used to have the same issues until I tried the misting water method. You might give that a try before you give up!

Comment

you should try the rainX rain repel/ glass cleaner works the same and no haze

Comment

I use Castrol AccuVision. It is a liquid that works like Rain-X, but doesn't require the hazing. Literally just wipe on and wipe off. It works well for me.

Although I have to be honest, it is hard to find. They made it about 5-6 years ago, then stopped, but did bring it back. I only know one Wal-Mart that stocks it consistently, so that is annoying. It's in a small purple spray bottle and I assume next to the window cleaning items.
          "Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week." Jay-Z

Comment

The instructions on the label say to "remove final haze with a water moistened towel then wipe with clean cloth or paper towel." I use a firm, slightly moistened sponge to remove the haze and there's usually almost nothing left to wipe. Buff with a MF and I've never had any film, haze or smearing. If you try to merely wipe off the haze like you'd remove wax or sealant you'll get a smeary mess every time.

TL

Comment

I have found that Stoner's Invisible Glass with Rain Repellant works just as well or better than Rain-X and you don't have to deal with the hazing. I use it on the external glass and regular Invisable Glass internally. Works great for me.
              Just point me in the right direction ...

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');