• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what would you charge? 39ft 5th wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would you charge? 39ft 5th wheel

just as the title implies a guy stopped me on a job today asking how much would we charge to wash and wax the outside of his 39ft rv. we have never done a rv before the sides are not the smooth siding on most that we see. im completely lost on what to charge and how we would wax the wavey sides.

Re: what would you charge? 39ft 5th wheel

How old is it & what condition is it in?

Hard to give a price, it would greatly vary however if you are just washing & waxing it like you say, or compounding & correcting it, or one stepping it.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

It's only about a year old just dirty bugs from being drivin from ok to az paint is in really good condition. The owner just wants it too shine a little bit.

Comment

Just to ask...if the sides (et al) are not 'smooth' as in fiber-glass, what is it? Metal? Filon?
        Also, any idea of the manufacture?

Bill

Comment

I would charge about $11 per foot and do it up nice. If its a one step wash adn then #49 Cleaner wax maybe $9 per foot at the cheapest.
          JB's Executive Detailing "Protecting your investment"

Comment

We always charge $9 a foot for applying wax without compounding. We also charge $60 for the wash. Rv's are super easy to upsell on carpet shampooing as well if it needs it
            Even the best cars look like junk when they are not clean

Comment

Here at my shop we charge $10/ft for a single stage wax. With the composite siding like it has you should be able to do a 1-step process with an automotive cleaner wax. Aluminum composite siding is painted and obviously not fiberglass.
              www.precisionstorageconcepts.com

Comment

Your probably not still looking for advice on this, but for others who read this in future...

I personally am not a fan of doing RV's, I'd probably charge more simply because I'd rather overcharge and miss out on the job than undercharge and hate myself the whole time for it. I kind of play them by ear, but to do a wash and 1-step on an RV I usually charge around $12 or $13 a foot, depending on condition of course. To be honest though I only do 1 or 2 a year because most people don't want to pay that much - which I'm fine with. Good luck with it if you get the opportunity to do it again!!
                Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');