• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere - Tips & Tricks

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere - Tips & Tricks

No matter how well I dry my car after a normal water wash,,,soon as I drive it there are dribbles of water running out of cracks and messing up a perfect wash. That won't happen with this product!!
    Barry

Comment

Originally posted by Poki View Post
      No matter how well I dry my car after a normal water wash,,,soon as I drive it there are dribbles of water running out of cracks and messing up a perfect wash. That won't happen with this product!!
      Thats for sure!! I love this new product. Will be moving away from the hose a bit more now.
      Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"
      2011 Jet Black 328i Touring
      2007 Jet Black 335i Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Poki View Post
        that hardly ever happens to me.. but mainly because i let the thing sit for hours after i detail it LOL. guess that the benefit of having dos veh

Comment

UWWA is great, and I am a HUGE Meguiars fan. I have found that Ultima waterless is far cheaper. $20 for a bottle and it makes about 5 gallons of waterless wash. I wish Meguiars would make something like this. I would def switch.

Comment

Thanks for the detailed explanation how to use! Think this is a product where you have to take care to avoid scratches by using it in the right way.

Normally I wash my car with Meguiars Soft Wash Gel - followed by UQD or UQW - dependening on what is neccessary at the moment - but UW&WA is a real good product to use in situations I can't wash the car using the "normal way" (on Sunday; after a long ride and no time for further action a.s.o.).

Comment

Just my .02 worth. I just started using this product this year, 2013. This product does what it says and is amazing. Even if you don't or aren't doing a full detail and just want that quick wash and wax, then this is the stuff. It's easy to use, goes on great, comes off great and smells great. Doing on panel at a time, spraying on, wipe off, move to next panel. I've used it on every surface, wheels, trims, glass, etc, and it's works great.

Unless the car is heavily soiled, then you'd used a hose to knock down the heavier stuff, but could still go back and finish the car with the UWAWA.

Picked up 2 more bottles of it just yesterday! If you haven't tried it, get it.
              Show N Shine Car Detailing - Quality Care, Each and Every Time

Comment

Originally posted by stang2000 View Post
                Just my .02 worth. I just started using this product this year, 2013. This product does what it says and is amazing. Even if you don't or aren't doing a full detail and just want that quick wash and wax, then this is the stuff. It's easy to use, goes on great, comes off great and smells great. Doing on panel at a time, spraying on, wipe off, move to next panel. I've used it on every surface, wheels, trims, glass, etc, and it's works great.

Unless the car is heavily soiled, then you'd used a hose to knock down the heavier stuff, but could still go back and finish the car with the UWAWA.

Picked up 2 more bottles of it just yesterday! If you haven't tried it, get it.

I was wondering if it was smart to wash off any contaminations with a hose before using UWWA. Where I live its impossible to not park under an oak tree. When it rains the run off from the trees leaves some nasty stuff. I thought about the outcome of pre-rinsing the car two ways.

1. Good Scenario: The harmful stuff is eased off with a quick rinse from some H2O. Therefore lowering the risk of damaging the finish when using UWWA.

2. Bad Scenario: The H2O standing on the vehicle dilutes the UWWA just enough too prevent it from doing what its meant to do.

I'm pretty sure that the outcome would be numero uno, but still could use some reassurance.

Comment

Well, a rinse would at least get the loose stuff off, which only helps.

As long as you were able to get around your car fast enough that water spotting didnt become an issue.
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Would it be alright to do this method with UQD?
                    Like a couple days after a detail, and my car has light dust on it? (its been windy in socal)

Comment

Originally posted by veeedub:526923
                      Like a couple days after a detail, and my car has light dust on it? (its been windy in socal)
                      It might work. I would still recommend UWWA just for the better lubrication properties. Im sure others will chime in to steer you in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by veeedub View Post
                        Depends on how dirty the car is.

If it's only very light dust, then yes.
                        Originally posted by Blueline
                        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I use this method when I quick detail my car. However, you can only use QD on light dust as Davey pointed out.
                          2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

I have 7 bottles of UWWA, and while i liked the idea of pulling out the hose before using UWWA or UQD/QD..etc
                            I find if i were to drag out the hose, why not use RFEW or ONR? To me the use of a hose defeats the whole idea/concept of UWWA...just my opinion
                            "STRIFE" aka Phil
                            2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
                            2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
                            2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Originally posted by STRIFE View Post
                              I have 7 bottles of UWWA, and while i liked the idea of pulling out the hose before using UWWA or UQD/QD..etc
                              I find if i were to drag out the hose, why not use RFEW or ONR? To me the use of a hose defeats the whole idea/concept of UWWA...just my opinion
                              Some of us don't have the luxury of having a place to wash our cars because of where we reside. In my case I "hosed" my car off at local car wash. I live in an apartment complex so pulling out the old hose and bucket is out of the question. I wanted to be extra careful and rinse off anything really gnarly before apply UWWA.

Comment

Originally posted by ahooah48444 View Post
                                So if your car want too dirty to start with, can you go lighter on UWWA and treat it as a QD? I know its more expensive to use UWWA instead of QD, but heard its a heck of a detailer. Also, is it safe for all surfaces (glass, chrome, stainless, rubber, vinyl)?
                                I do this way more and more - but in Germany UQD is more expensive than UWAWA - UQD 650ml 19,90 UWAWA 769ml 17,90€.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');