• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review GC Versa-Angle Wide Body Brush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review GC Versa-Angle Wide Body Brush

First off I have a few item to say before the review. I have not used the brush yet. All I have done was removed the brush from the package.

Next is my reluctance to use a brush on the paint of any vehicle for fear of scratching. I think this skepticism is a thing of the past.

I couldn't wait to remove the brush from the bubble plastic. Of course the package had an area around the bristles cut out to feel the bristles. I got to tell ya this is the softest brush. How can Meguiar's make I guess plastic bristles so soft.

The instructions recommend using the two bucket wash method to prevent marring. This brush seems to be the real deal.

Now if the rain would stop so I could wash a car and watch the Masters golf tournament.

Review will be later on.

I also have the brush and have not used it for fear of scratching. I will eagerly await your review.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeRcode
      I also have the brush and have not used it for fear of scratching. I will eagerly await your review.
      I appreciate that. I must say so far so good with the brush. It feels super soft. Shouldn't be any problem with scratches if the brush is frequently rinsed off. We'll see. Expect the review later tomorrow.

Thanks
      Rick

Comment

I've used the versa angle wash brush on two vehicles, one white and one a light champagne color. I didn't notice any marring on either finish, but to be honest these colors tend to be very difficult to see imperfections. Just make sure you load the brush with your wash solution and you should be fine. Hope this helps.

Comment

I may add; a grid guard should help clean the brush without the use of two bucket method. But then again for those who are really concern about scratching the paint with dirty wash soap, why not combine both One rinse bucket with clean water and grid guard and the other with the wash soap. May be you can do a comparison test of this method during your bursh test. That is if you have a grit guard.
          By the way I am anxiously await to receive my brushes and grid guard.
          Cheers
          Last edited by romulus; Apr 8, 2005, 12:05 PM.
          Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!

Comment

Originally posted by romulus
            I may add; a grid guard should help clean the brush without the use of two bucket method. But then again for those who are really concern about scratching the paint with dirty wash soap, why not combine both One rinse bucket with clean water and grid guard and the other with the wash soap. May be you can do a comparison test of this method during your bursh test. That is if you have a grit guard.
            By the way I am anxiously await to receive my brushes and grid guard.
            Cheers

That's one thing that puzzles me. It's going to be tough to use the grit guard due to the size and angle of the brush and handle. Unless I do this with each rinse. Excuse my little helper.

Any better ideas out there or something I'm missing???

Update: Turning the handle upside down helps.
            Last edited by scrub; Apr 8, 2005, 01:04 PM.

Comment

The benefit to a quality brush like Meguiar's is that the brush bristles allow removed dirt to freely rinse out and into the water in your bucket. Any particles removed will then drift down under the Grit Guard grill preventing them from being re-introduced to the finish.
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

The pics don't show but the brush kind of gets stuck before it hits the guard. My grit guard isn't going anywhere. Plus I still plan on using my new Ultra Plush Wash Mitt to wash the other parts of the vehicle. Thanks for the additional info Mike.

Comment

scrub,

I wouldn't worry about the brush fitting all the way down to the grit guard. When you pull it out, you're giving it a good spray from the hose anyway.......... right?

Anyhow, how does it work on paint?
                  Boss_429

Comment

Hey Boss.

I tried the brush today. All in all a great brush. The handle is a tad short. I didn't rinse the off with the hose after each pass. I just used the 2 buckets to rinse and resud the brush. This brush holds tons of water and suds.

See this link for more info. 05 Accord Detail and New products review Lots of pics. And hang out a few minutes and I'll put something together.

Comment

1. Packaging & Labeling. Is it well packaged? Are the labels durable?

Same great package and label. This brush also had an opening to feel how soft the brush bristles are. Trust me you’ll be shocked. Very soft.

2. Helpful instructions on label?

Instructions are great. Very helpful with usage tips. Now the secret will be out to the masses about 2 bucket washing.

3. Does product do what the manufacturer claims it does?

The claims:

Incredible versatile interchangeable handle: Yep the handle does flip over and change the brush angle of attack. The flip allows the use of the brush with a grit guard.

Brush head reverses to fit every contour: Not too sure about this one. Maybe it means when the brush is pushed or pulled the bristles stay together and work around body lines and rain channels. They do for fit and stay together. Sort of like fingers.

Optimum bristle positioning ensures brush stays in contact at all times with delicate paint finish: Um… Right! As the brush moves across the paint surface the bristles are in constant contact with the paint.

4. Value. Is the product a good buy? If a liquid product, how much per ounce? Does a little go a long way?

I’d say the brush is handy and a bit more aggressive than a wash mop. The wash mop will glide over uneven surfaces. This brush will form fit and clean all the angles.

5. Easy to use? Hard to use? Did you read the directions and use as directed?

Piece of cake to use once you get over the fear of a brush on paint.

6. If known, what is the pH of the product? Is it safe for enthusiasts or should it be for professional use only?

Again this product is for use by anyone that washes cars.

7. Describe the product smell, viscosity and other physical traits if any.

This brush does a good job of cleaning and very efficient. I’m curious to test on a vehicle with roof ridges. Roof racks will be tough to clean under. I guess that’s where the wash mop would step in. I think the handle is a tad bit short. The handle and brush are about the size of the wash squeegee found at gas stations. If you struggle to clean glass with one of those gas stations thingies and no ladder on your SUV then you’ll be in the same boat with this brush unless you have a ladder or raised work platform. But don’t be fooled there is a lot of brush there. Very stout, just like its other brush cousins.

Soft rubber surrounds the brush head for added protection.

Comment

scrub,

Sorry I didn't stick around long enough to see this last night.

Anyhow, it sounds like you like the brush. Were you comfortable that the brush didn't scratch the paint?
                        Last edited by Boss_429; Apr 11, 2005, 04:11 PM.
                        Boss_429

Comment

Yes Boss.

I like the brush and feel confident of no scratches on light colors so far! I didn't notice any scratches on the red Accord yesterday. The true test will be when I wash my black truck soon.

Comment

Yesterday I used the wide Versa-Angle Body Brush on the sides of my Black Hemi and could find *no* evidence of marring. The truck had a fair amount of road grime on the sides -- not heavily caked mud. The Body Brush used as directed made quick work of removing the grime.

One minor complaint. It takes the brushes forever to dry out. The directions state: "Never store brush bristle side down as this can cause unnessary damage to the bristle substrate." Not only that, you'll end up with a wet mess.

I applied a fresh coat of NXT Tech Wax after I washed the truck. The finish is darned near perfect. I plan to use the Body Brush exclusively on the sides of the truck for the next few washes. I'll let you know if I start to see marring.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tguil
                              Yesterday I used the wide Versa-Angle Body Brush on the sides of my Black Hemi and could find *no* evidence of marring. The truck had a fair amount of road grime on the sides -- not heavily caked mud. The Body Brush used as directed made quick work of removing the grime.

One minor complaint. It takes the brushes forever to dry out. The directions state: "Never store brush bristle side down as this can cause unnessary damage to the bristle substrate." Not only that, you'll end up with a wet mess.

I applied a fresh coat of NXT Tech Wax after I washed the truck. The finish is darned near perfect. I plan to use the Body Brush exclusively on the sides of the truck for the next few washes. I'll let you know if I start to see marring.

Tom
                              Thanks for the input and info. I'm getting the hang of this brush now too. It has a valuable place in my detailing operation.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');