• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Garry Dean Wash Method... Finally...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Garry Dean Wash Method... Finally...

Thanks for the video Garry. Im gonna have to try that method.

Curious, what would one do to clean the wheels with this method? Pull out the hose?
    Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"
    2011 Jet Black 328i Touring
    2007 Jet Black 335i Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by smack View Post
      Thanks for the video Garry. Im gonna have to try that method.

Curious, what would one do to clean the wheels with this method? Pull out the hose?
      Thats a fantastic question and Im glad you asked it. I am shooting the video for my bucket kits today and I will be sure to do a short video on how I recommend cleaning wheels with my method.

Comment

Originally posted by Garry Dean View Post
        Thats a fantastic question and Im glad you asked it. I am shooting the video for my bucket kits today and I will be sure to do a short video on how I recommend cleaning wheels with my method.
        Fantastic Garry. We have all done the basic rinsless wash/waterless wash and I have pulled out the hose for the wheels. I have always wondered about getting the wheels clean without the use of the hose. Looking forward to seeing your method on cleaning the wheels.
        Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"
        2011 Jet Black 328i Touring
        2007 Jet Black 335i Sedan

Comment

I tried this today and absolutely love it. The only difference is that I used 4 sides of the towel (2 sides per panel). I found the lubricity to be good enough for me up until that 4th side and then its good to grab a fresh one.

I used 5 towels to do my Civic with ONRv2. I really liked the method.

I then used the same technique on the wheels just using different towels (ones I have for just wheels and tires).
          Tedrow's Detailing
          845-642-1698
          Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn T. View Post
            I tried this today and absolutely love it. The only difference is that I used 4 sides of the towel (2 sides per panel). I found the lubricity to be good enough for me up until that 4th side and then its good to grab a fresh one.

I used 5 towels to do my Civic with ONRv2. I really liked the method.

I then used the same technique on the wheels just using different towels (ones I have for just wheels and tires).
            Sounds good, Shawn. Im glad you like it.

Everyone should just remember that I did this video as a guide to my personal twist on the rinseless method. Everyone will find their own path with this method. Just use your best judgement and make sure the lubricity factor stays high and all will be well.

Comment

Wow, great method!

Is there anything similar to this that you would recommend for daily drivers? Obviously this method is meant for weekend cars.

Or maybe this process could work as well, by washing the towels after every washing.

Comment

Originally posted by GotToyota? View Post
                Wow, great method!

Is there anything similar to this that you would recommend for daily drivers? Obviously this method is meant for weekend cars.

Or maybe this process could work as well, by washing the towels after every washing.
                This method is meant for any day of the week. Just buy more microfiber towels!

Comment

I'd like to say props to Garry for never resting when it comes to thinking of new ideas. There are so many benefits to washing using the Garry Dean method. It's a twist on previous methods I've seen, and is the best method I've seen to date for rinseless washing.

Lots of ways to tweak or detweak to your liking. I already have some ideas.

Comment

This is awesome - thanks for sharing Garry!
                    Originally posted by Blueline
                    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

No problem!

Comment

how long can you store that bucket with all the wet towels in it?

Comment

I'm guessing that depends a lot on your local weather. In the cool of the north it will probably take longer for your towels to get moldy than in the humid heat of the deep south.

And I wouldn't be surprised if a pro like Garry has never found out. He goes through a lot of washes so his buckets aren't likely to sit around very long before being used up and re-filled.

For the home detailer that won't be turning over their towels and wash solution very often, I'd recommend a modified version of the system, sort of a "two-bucket Garry Dean method."

By filling one bucket with wash solution and keeping your towels clean and dry in a second bucket (or bin), you just grab towels and dip them in the solution as needed. You never need to leave towels sitting in the solution.

This takes slightly longer per wash because you're grabbing and dipping towels, not just grabbing them. It's a fast motion and a small price to pay for the ease of keeping towels dry and ready for anything.

It really ends up taking three buckets, one for wash solution, one for dry towels and a third one to give you someplace to toss used, wet, dirty towels.

Comment

Garry, Great video, Really like this concept especially during the spring time when you have a ton of pollen.
                            This is also great when you have clients where you are maintaining there vehicle on a weekly bases.
                            To me one of the keys to this system is having paint that is sealed and waxed properly and the wax is maintained regularly to keep scratching an marring from happening.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');