• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabin Air Filter on my 2008 Mazda 3 (Same instructions for 2004 - 2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabin Air Filter on my 2008 Mazda 3 (Same instructions for 2004 - 2009)

I removed the battery box cover:

I removed the Negative Battery Terminal:

I removed the side trim panel, and the trim over the glove box screws, and the glove box, and a panel under the fuse box:
    Here is a wiring harness for the fuse panel & the reason I disconnected the battery terminal.

Bracket and Carpet removed to make room:

Here are the filter elements and all the leaves that got in there!:

This took me about 1.5 hours because I was VERY careful especially when handling the fuse box considering about 40+ circuits go through there and if I have ANY problems fixing it will be ... Should ANYTHING go wrong with a wiring harness like that, I would think it would be time to buy a new car.

Suffice it to say 1) Some Japanese Engineer thought it was a funny joke to put the cabin air filters where they are in this car, and 2) there is a reason Mazda Dealer's charge around $139 to change the cabin air filter... I saved about $100 and everything works perfect.

Best of all, I no longer hear leaves blowing around and stuff rustling inside the dash when I turn on the AC not to mention I have increased airflow through all the vents!

Re: Cabin Air Filter on my 2008 Mazda 3 (Same instructions for 2004 - 2009)

yea that's not very accessible.
    good job though.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

This is why I am glad my wife traded her Mazda in. She had a CX-7 that I hated from day 1. To change the headlamps you have to remove the inner fender and remove about 8 clips on each side. I almost had to take the wheels off to do it.

Comment

The headlams were hard to do. I upgraded mine to the Sylvania Silverstar Ultra

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');