• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought as whitewax is new, meg might have made the all the new waxes not to stain plastic . Just like the ultimate wax...

Comment

• Re: White Wax

It is only the Ult. Liquid that does not stain, and Ult Quick Wax / Gold Class Spray Waxes.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Hi all

Just tested white wax on my Honda yesterday - great results, but as the paint was so dirty I went with UC anyways, and plan to maintain using white wax instead. Will try to post some photos I grabbed on my phone later.

My problem is I can't seem to get white wax to spread thin and evenly the way UWL does - I end up with a sort of "smearing" like the pad is "skipping" over tiny sections of paint rather than gliding over it. Am I applying it wrong? Not enough product? Linear or circular motion? Also doesn't seem to "dry". Does the swipe test apply to white wax?

Otherwise the wax cleans very well. Just want to know if its more difficult to apply and remove than UWL or if I'm using it wrong?

Additional info: temp was approx 30C/85F, relative humidity probably around 75%, worked in the shade.

Thanks!

Comment

Were you applying it by hand or machine? Was the surface properly washed and clayed?
          Originally posted by Blueline
          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Washed with Gold Class, clayed, and compounded, all by hand. White wax applied by hand with the included applicator. Funny thing is the product seemed to spread better on my test panel that had not been polished with Ultimate Compound.

Comment

My questions are because I ran into a few issues during the application process, and while the results speak for themselves, it would be much nicer if things went more smoothly with the white wax on my next application. Apologies for the iPhone pics.

White Wax on left, Ultimate Compound on right (light is coming from the right side of the image, the results for white wax and compound were very close in reality)
              All the crunk on the paint is literally the residue from 3 weeks of constant rain.

Results (white wax + UW on the hood):

And the hood after a rainstorm:

Comment

Maybe almost spreading too easily if the surface was already cleaned?
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Interesting thought. After two weeks constant rain I just retested it, still the same issue. Doesn't go on smooth on the first pass, but after a couple straight line passes with a little more pressure it smooths out. Maybe I just need to apply more product with more pressure.

Comment

Nice job on the Honduh, lol.

I've use a whole tube of WW on abute 5 cars/trucks and haven't had these problems.
                    So I'm going to say you need to tweak your technique.
                    More/less product, pressure, work area.
                    You need to find the sweet spot for your paint.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Sorry guys, new problem with white wax.

I've resorted to using some more product - makes it easier to apply. But its drying on me. I try to spread it thin, though not as thin as UWL. The instructions ay I'm supposed to let White Wax dried to a haze, but its so dry I can't remove it - even with Quik Detailer - and now appears to have left a bunch of swirls on the hood. Help?

I hope to be able to fix that with Ultimate Compound next week (used it twice and got pretty decent results - hard to tell on a white car though), but I think I'll be using white wax as a WIWO cleaner topped with UWL from now...

Comment

• Originally posted by blackstripe77:535914
                        Sorry guys, new problem with white wax.

I've resorted to using some more product - ...
                        There's your problem. Everyone does this. You don't need to do that. It causes problems *** your finding out. Use WW to remove it. LIKE REMOVE A LIKE.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

I have also found application/removal of White Wax less than satisfying. It is so gritty that you really have to do a perfect job, or it's almost that you feel it left behind.

It does have some nice capabilities for removal of defects, but it's no longer a favorite of mine unless for a small spot.

Comment

another problem with removal of wax is the cleanliness of the paint.
                            Claying only remove "surface" contaminates. The paint is still dirty. So if you have dirty paint and you apply a cleaner wax to it WITHOUT working the product into the paint and "clean" it, then the wax will defiantly stick to the dirty paint.

You need mechanical power to properly work a cleaner paint "into" the paint.
                            I never have removal problem of any wax, but I'm very experienced.
                            So work your areas very well and you'll see a big difference.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Originally posted by Please Wash Me Detailing View Post
                              another problem with removal of wax is the cleanliness of the paint.
                              Claying only remove "surface" contaminates. The paint is still dirty. So if you have dirty paint and you apply a cleaner wax to it WITHOUT working the product into the paint and "clean" it, then the wax will defiantly stick to the dirty paint.

You need mechanical power to properly work a cleaner paint "into" the paint.
                              I never have removal problem of any wax, but I'm very experienced.
                              So work your areas very well and you'll see a big difference.

I agree with that, if you work the white wax more, it does remove much easier. Therefore, we should probably just remember, if you're going to use white wax, put in the effort. If you aren't going to put in the effort and want to slop something on there, use something else.

Comment

Thread Revival.

At the suggestion of the Meguiar's Hotline, I bought WW last fall when it was time to do a wash/clay/wax on my truck and the wife's new Impreza (both silver, both DD).

It seemed to work pretty well, but I don't have the trained eye of some others. I'm using a Ryobi 6" ROB with a MF bonnet.

Here's my question. I have a usable amount of NXT 2.0 left over and I was wondering if I could use it to top off the WW or if there is a better use for it somewhere in the mix.

Thanks.
                                Jeff in Flagstaff

Reduce, Re-Use, Recycle

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');