DA Power System - Page 11
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: DA Power System

Re: DA Power System

If i were to use Deep Crystal Pure Polish with the DA system, which pad would I use?

^^ I'd say you'd want the black finishing pad for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueline View Post
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

So I'm assuming the

Red pad is for moderate/severe paint cleaning such as Ultimate Compound, Scratch X
    yellow pad is for light paint cleaning such as Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner, Swirl X, Ultimate Polish

Or is yellow pad only really designed for Ultimate Polish?

Anything that doesn't correct paint such as Pure Polish or the Waxes (except cleaner waxes) would be Black pad?

That is more or less correct... some things are just by feel/experience, but that would be the idea.

With a DA Polisher, you don't want the red pad as much, but it can be used more often with the Power System.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Following on from that, I'm assuming the yellow would be best for most AIO applications, assuming anyone using one would be at the least intending a light clean of the paint.

Yeah, most likely.

So Cleaner Wax would go with the yellow pad because of its cleaning ability as well as polish and wax.

Is the Meguiars Hand applicator pad MEG W0004 the same cut as the yellow pad of the DA system?

Based on my understanding, most if not all of my jobs usually would just use the Yellow even for cleaning. Its safer to start on the yellow for scratch X, then try the Red if the yellow isn't working.

1. Well, it is kind of a generalization. But yeah, trying to get the best out of all 3. I am sure there are cases where the others may work better, but just as a starting point.

2. No, different foam, so I doubt it. And working by hand changes things a lot anyway.

3. You can, though don't want to go 'overkill' with the mildest methods first. I'd probably pick UC over the ScratchX. And the UC + red pad didn't seem overly strong on the Power System. But can always try a spot with yellow first.

Quote Originally Posted by Murr1525 View Post
    1. Well, it is kind of a generalization. But yeah, trying to get the best out of all 3. I am sure there are cases where the others may work better, but just as a starting point.

2. No, different foam, so I doubt it. And working by hand changes things a lot anyway.

3. You can, though don't want to go 'overkill' with the mildest methods first. I'd probably pick UC over the ScratchX. And the UC + red pad didn't seem overly strong on the Power System. But can always try a spot with yellow first.
    I use the Power System regularly on my VW for hard to get spots/piano black trim. Red definitely can be used with UC without being overly harsh. Yellow pads in my experience have minimal cut. Red may be sometimes considered harsh when working with G110v2 and 7" pads but with powersystem it is not.
    Usually I use M105 or M101 with powersystem red pads and sometimes think even that combo is not aggressive enough.

Registered Member

Will the 3" DAMF DCM3 work with the DAPS? I have a car with some scratches that aren't coming out after several passes with UC and a Burgundy Pad. I read another thread where Mike Stoops reference the DAMF system as a step up in aggressiveness using it with a G110. These scratches aren't really deep and don't catch your nail but they are unsightly.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information